Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

2 Capital One cashback cards: Business 2%, Personal 1.5% [Card names change]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 Capital One cashback cards: Business 2%, Personal 1.5% [Card names change]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nabeelj
Are you sure about that?

EDIT: Just went through my Personal Venture card. You can only redeem for the entire travel charge (with the exception of airfare I believe, but I don't have any such transaction to test). And you still earn the 2 miles on the travel purchase that you redeem miles for.
For flights you select how many tickets were in the purchase and can redeem for however many of those tickets you choose. I guess you could game the system and say that the two tickets you bought were really four and redeem for only 2 of them (IE only redeeming for only half of the purchase).

Is that a detectable approach? Just got the non business rewards card so haven't really mucked around with it.

Last edited by GoodOmens; Aug 26, 2013 at 7:59 am
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by comptalk
Been stuck at 5k for almost 2 year. 801 FICO. 200,000 + in credit lines. Zero debt. Hard to use a card with such a small credit line.
Wife has $15k, I have something like $1k. Rest of my cards start at $35k.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by bbd
How many people have this card? Do they offer big credit line or start real low?
They originally gave me $20k, after a few months of my charging $40k a month (paying early) they boosted it to $80k. Their customer support staff are unreal friendly, sometimes I just want to shut them up and cut to the chase, but so much nicer than talking to an Amex rep overseas.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:24 am

I see some people have crazy low CLs on this while others have pretty high, anybody have difficulty just getting approved for one of the 2% biz cards? I applied yesterday and was denied. Called recon and they said they can't see why I was denied, I'll have to wait for that info to come in the mail and then call back to dispute that.
Admittedly I don't have any history with CapOne and have recent inquiries from March & June AORs, but my FAKOs are still quite good and I was approved by other issuers yesterday.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 9:22 pm

Samuel L. Jackson is in the background yelling on my TV about a Capital One 1.5% every purchase every day card. Is that a good deal?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jewsus
...Capital One 1.5% every purchase every day card. Is that a good deal?
Capital One periodically changes the name of the card. 1.5% seems to be less than 2%, why would you consider it?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
The lack of an EMV chip on any CapOne product has made them now the least appealing card for globetrotting FTers.

There are far better deals out there which gives you better points/miles, zero (or "net-zero") annual fees, no forex charges, and the EMV chip.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:22 am

Cap One Quicksilver

Hi all, I cancelled this card recently due to my low limit and added myself as an authorized user on my dad's Quicksilver card (much higher limit). I'm mainly going to use it if I travel overseas due to no foreign transaction fees. Since I am not going to use it much, will the good credit history (dad's usage) still show up on my reports and help me ?

Thx.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by steve4
Hi all, I cancelled this card recently due to my low limit and added myself as an authorized user on my dad's Quicksilver card (much higher limit). I'm mainly going to use it if I travel overseas due to no foreign transaction fees. Since I am not going to use it much, will the good credit history (dad's usage) still show up on my reports and help me ?

Thx.
Yes, the card will show up on your reports and help you.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:14 am

Look like the "Cash Rewards" card is now the Quicksilver Rewards card and has improved! Before it was 1% cashback with 50% at year-end. Now it's 1.5% all the time; still no annual fee. What I like about CapOne cashback is that you can redeem any time for any amount. Also, none of their cards have forex charges; they even eat the Visa/MC charge.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QuickSilver

Confirm that existing Cash Reward cards earning structure has changed to the 1.5% upfront QuickSilver.

WE have the Cash Reward cards as a downgrade from the Venture cards gotten during the $1100 bonus promo almost 3 years ago. Never used the Cash Reward cards since downgrade but instead of closing our cards for inactivity, C1 sent notice to us about the earning structure changes. You can get the actual QuickSilver card which they considered is an "upgrade" and would prevent you from any more C1 "upgrade" for 6 months, or you can just use your Cash Reward card but earn 1.5% upfront until they mail you the QuickSilver at your current card's expiration. (heck, may be by then they change it again!)

The cash reward is very easy to use because you can redeem in any amount if you do not choose any pre-set options.

Those who do not have this card should get other higher % cash back card instead. But for those who already have this card, it is a welcome change.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA/DL/UA, SPG/HH
Originally Posted by Happy
Confirm that existing Cash Reward cards earning structure has changed to the 1.5% upfront QuickSilver.

WE have the Cash Reward cards as a downgrade from the Venture cards gotten during the $1100 bonus promo almost 3 years ago. Never used the Cash Reward cards since downgrade but instead of closing our cards for inactivity, C1 sent notice to us about the earning structure changes. You can get the actual QuickSilver card which they considered is an "upgrade" and would prevent you from any more C1 "upgrade" for 6 months, or you can just use your Cash Reward card but earn 1.5% upfront until they mail you the QuickSilver at your current card's expiration. (heck, may be by then they change it again!)

The cash reward is very easy to use because you can redeem in any amount if you do not choose any pre-set options.

Those who do not have this card should get other higher % cash back card instead. But for those who already have this card, it is a welcome change.
thanks for this--useful info!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by jewsus
Samuel L. Jackson is in the background yelling on my TV about a Capital One 1.5% every purchase every day card. Is that a good deal?
Not a good deal imo.
My now Capone Quicksilver was formerly a Household Bank Gold 2% cash back on all purchases (with a yearly cash back cap of $400). I'm annoyed by the conversion.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by steve4

Thx.
Good luck. Without EMV chip there are like 10 countries out of the ~183 existing countries in the world that will take it. Hope you're going to those.

I loved the card, then I moved overseas and nobody would take it so I cancelled. Getting a CSP EMV soon.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:29 am

Would charging $1 to the Quicksilver every month prevent it from getting closed due to inactivity?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.