Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some people have no manners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2009, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by bealine
Leading on from that, will the card holder in the Galleries South Lounge yesterday avvy who sprayed me and my uniform with bits of wet, soggy apple as he tried to ask me a question while masticating please make contact if you think you should cover the cost of dry cleaning my jacket! Thank You!
Very sorry about that. Please PM me your bank account details and I will transfer the money immediately
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:01 pm

Programs: F
Was the question being asked "why am I in the wrong lounge?"
Old Aug 5, 2009, 1:48 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
my son is only 13, and had two plates of English Breakfast . He didn't print anything though.
Like Father, like son.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Like Father, like son.
PUCCI - you should know by now that I always come back for seconds!
Old Aug 5, 2009, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by bealine

For all the clap-trap about "Human Rights" and "Respect" and "Dignity", it is becoming a rude, aggressive and selfish world where people are losing any consideration for other people.

How can the trend be reversed?

Darling we live in a day and age when what someone wants to do is the only thing that matters. There is not the slightest concern about others feelings or convenience. Manners are about respect, and threating others with respect. People bray on their phones, people put their feet up on unoccupied seats, and my pet hate the bulkhead or the seat in front of them.

I agree with everything that you have said. Is the trend reversable - well yes. It takes the rest of us to stand up and say our thing.

Frankly had PigandPrint done that in my presence, I would have told him to take his trough somewhere else. It makes me terribly popular and I could care less. What is interesting though is that they think that this sort of conduct is acceptable. Him Indoors is convinced that someone will take a swing at me one day so I am back at the Karate class. I may have to put up with this at work but I am d*mned is I am going to put up with it otherwise.

I read of unaccepatble treatment here caused by poor service here, other upsets caused by rude, inconsiderate, and totally solopsistic behaviour and I wonder why did no one say anything?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
PUCCI - you should know by now that I always come back for seconds!
You're bigger - you want fourths!!!!
Old Aug 5, 2009, 2:02 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by apple-spitting_goldcard_holder
Very sorry about that. Please PM me your bank account details and I will transfer the money immediately
Brilliant!

What a great place to finish on as I have just read all six pages from the start of this great thread, in a 1er.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 2:12 am

Ah! I think you must have been masticating your slobbery apple over someone else then. You see, my slobbery apple muncher was a silver card holder in the Galleries South Lounge. (I'm sure as a Gold Member you would not have breathed the same air as those in the Galleries, you would surely have graced the presence of the "Galleries First" lounge and sunk your chops into a juicier fruit!)

Thanks for the offer, though, but I've already given my bank account details to someone who sent me an email from Nigeria saying he was a deposed Crown Prince and needed to get his money out of Nigeria and into a European Bank Account. Anything to help a pal!
Old Aug 5, 2009, 2:26 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
printingandbreakfast, welcome to FT!

Originally Posted by printingandbreakfast
I wanted to express my apologies to Petrus again as what he said about my eating habits and peeking through to his screen was not really right.

As for the peeking, I got attracted by the flyertalk colours on his screen and I originally want to introduce myself as a flyertalk follower. But just saw what was typed, I gathered I better not do the introduction just then...
I am of the opinion that Petrus was in a public space using his laptop for all the world to see. I feel that it is incumbent upon him to conceal his screen from you if he wants something to be hidden. I wouldn't spend too much more time flagellating myself through guilt if I were you. ^
Old Aug 5, 2009, 2:28 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
..... and my pet hate the bulkhead or the seat in front of them.
Couldn't agree more. I was once sitting in a window seat on the top deck of a Thai 747 when I noticed a pair of feet appear next to me that seemingly belonged to the passenger behind me. I covered them with a blanket at which point they were swiftly removed not to appear again so I think the message got through......
Old Aug 5, 2009, 2:39 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
I'd say breakfastandprinting had a lucky escape. Can I just remind Petrus how he sprayed a bottle of champagne in an OSL nightclub over a bunch of Norwegians he thought had atrocious manners
Old Aug 5, 2009, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilarious thread.

It has reminded me that I should live and let live a little more, while ranting a little less.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 3:50 am
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
What delicious hilarity! (was that with brown sauce or tomato ketchup?)
Old Aug 5, 2009, 3:54 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DannyBoy73
This is quality reading....

I'm new here, is it always this much fun??
Oh yes, the BAEC board has by far the best humour on FT:-:. This however (in my view) is a prime thread, even by BAEC standards. Even better that the stroller thread some time ago. (There, I said it, I used the "s-" word )
Old Aug 5, 2009, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
Couldn't agree more. I was once sitting in a window seat on the top deck of a Thai 747 when I noticed a pair of feet appear next to me that seemingly belonged to the passenger behind me. I covered them with a blanket at which point they were swiftly removed not to appear again so I think the message got through......
coming back from HKG on a 747, I was sat in a seat pairing by an exit and I had a woman who was behind me who kept on walking pass the small area beside me rather than walk along the seats, she kept on waknig me up.

Also she had a carry-on that must have weight more than >23kg because it took two people to lift it into the locker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.