Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some people have no manners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 5:20 pm

Programs: Executive Club, OnePass, SkyMiles, HH, Marriott Rewards
Suddenly a younger man in his mid 20's arrive with a plate overflowing with English Breakfast. He starts eating like this is the last food on earth. He collects the prints from the printer and wow that must have been 100+ pages.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by dreamwks
people that judge others really disgust me
Ahem
Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dreamwks
people that judge others really disgust me
Who am I to judge?

I'm happy to admitt I have a bad habit of sometimes judging or assuming things about people I don't know much about. I'm sure this is nothing unusual.

I see two strangers who are identical except one is behaving well and is friendly. The other is not and appears to be a David van Day/Michael Winner type.

Which one would you rather sit next to on the plane? Yep... do not judge.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Very interesting to see both sides of the story. As with many things in life, it's worth viewing both sides. Great thread ^
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: united, delta, british
Originally Posted by sxc
No judgement, but I do find it ironic that printingandbreakfast states that it's good his premium ticket allows him to save money on printing. So it's okay to spend loads on a J class ticket but you're skimping on printing?

Of course the ticket could have been a redemption ticket.
Of course, if you have a premium ticket, then you have a premium ticket! If you got it by redeeming, then it's a premium ticket! Right???!?!?!
Old Dec 30, 2009, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA gold
Surprised this old thread got a mention in TalkMail, again!
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

I am now assuming the role of the FT Superstar. Two talkmail mentions within 5 months!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
This us one of the funniest threads I've ever read on FT.

Especially post #22.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
you pay to play, as long as you're not being a chav I don't have any beef with anyone taking full advantage of what's on offer
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Some people have no manners

Bumping a 5 year old thread?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
Originally Posted by chris1979
and it's worth it, methinks.

what a funny thread... poor Petrus, well, that backfired
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:08 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I suspect that I am the cause of this as it was mentioned in another thread and I remembered the thread but not all the melodrama.

However I, too, try not to judge others but I certainly can judge behaviour and whether it is polite or otherwise. I remember being on a train whilst some woman bellowed instructions to people who were clearly her subordinates. Seriously this woman had the edge on me for treacly insincerity (you try reading some of the drivel I am supposed to announce over the PA (the bit about Well Being Excercises being a case in point)) and her voice sounded like a collection of saucepans falling down Mont Blanc. her name was Henrietta. The train in general and the carriage in particular were left in little doubt of her name or her importance. This was in First Class I might add.

Finally a man who could stand it no more interrupted this stream of condescension and ill concealed demands to apologise for clearly intruding in her office!. The silence was deafening - then applause erupted (this was Essex after all). I think that she had got the point.

Now, if I were to be judgemental, I would say that she was an highly opinioned, asserted and aggressive young woman. However, she may be charming when not being Queen Bee! She may be brilliant at what she does.

She may one day be found by the side of the railway line. Others may not be as tolerant as us
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I'm sure that quite a few folks will appreciate the irony in someone bumping a 5 year old thread entitled "Some people have no manners" .....
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I suspect that I am the cause of this as it was mentioned in another thread and I remembered the thread but not all the melodrama.

However I, too, try not to judge others but I certainly can judge behaviour and whether it is polite or otherwise. I remember being on a train whilst some woman bellowed instructions to people who were clearly her subordinates. Seriously this woman had the edge on me for treacly insincerity (you try reading some of the drivel I am supposed to announce over the PA (the bit about Well Being Excercises being a case in point)) and her voice sounded like a collection of saucepans falling down Mont Blanc. her name was Henrietta. The train in general and the carriage in particular were left in little doubt of her name or her importance. This was in First Class I might add.

Finally a man who could stand it no more interrupted this stream of condescension and ill concealed demands to apologise for clearly intruding in her office!. The silence was deafening - then applause erupted (this was Essex after all). I think that she had got the point.

Now, if I were to be judgemental, I would say that she was an highly opinioned, asserted and aggressive young woman. However, she may be charming when not being Queen Bee! She may be brilliant at what she does.

She may one day be found by the side of the railway line. Others may not be as tolerant as us
Well that's tickled me! Very funny - thank you
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
If it was the last food on earth then I would be nibbling at it and packing the rest up to preserve it as long as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if printer ink turned out to be more expensive than BA's best champagne.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.