Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, CX Gold
How long will this ex-EU sale last? If it hasn't been stipulated can it be estimated at from previous experience? I'm going to Miami in Feb and I don't want to miss out.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
I'm going next April and I booked - at the end of the day it's a deal compared to going from UK!
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by franknotes
How long will this ex-EU sale last?
The detail will be in the fare rules. It may be different for different origins, different destinations and different cabins.

Go to the ITA Software site and price your itinerary. Go to the fare rules, and look for the Sales Restrictions entry. This is usually where you'll find the "ticket by" date that shows when the sale is currently planned to end.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
How long will this ex-EU sale last? If it hasn't been stipulated can it be estimated at from previous experience? I'm going to Miami in Feb and I don't want to miss out.
If you go to the individual countries BA websites, it also specifies the Sale dates there. For example, ex BRU it says book by 13 Sept. Dept Lux is 6 Sept
Old Aug 22, 2013, 4:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BOOKED!!

My new BAPP arrived last night. Phoned up the gold line this morning and booked:

BA389 BRU to LHR at 0650-0700 15 Apr
BA283 LHR to LAX at 1005-1320 15 Apr
AA297 LAX to HNL at 1700-2000 15 Apr

AA298 HNL to LAX at 2145-0600+1 19 Apr
AA76 LAX to IAD at 0915-1705 20 Apr
BA216 IAD to LHR at 1835-0640+1 20 Apr
BA392 LHR to BRU at 0855-1105 21 Apr

BA flights in J or I class, AA all in A so a nice 990 TP haul. Also there was award availability in to F on the BA216 so I upgraded that sector for 20k avios (the whole thing earns around 43k avios with another 5.6k avios from the BAPP). Selected 1A on a 747 - never been in F on a 747. Would be nice if some award availability in F opened up on BA283 as well, but I will be quite happy in CW on an A380 anyway if not.

Feeling pretty pleased with myself. Already have 440 TPs worth of flights booked next year so this more or less sews up re-qualification, would just need to get 70 TPs between April and December.

I know I could have thrown in a few more connections on the outbound, but I think this is enough flights!

EDIT: missed out the cost, total cost £1869.65 + 20k avios for CW→F MFU

Last edited by KARFA; Aug 22, 2013 at 4:53 am
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by KARFA
BOOKED!!
Very nice indeed! ^
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Also there was award availability in to F
Where can you see this? Congrats on the booking btw, sounds great.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thanks haasha. I shall have to do a trip report for it all and post it up on FT.

Where can you see this? Congrats on the booking btw, sounds great.
Thanks franknotes. I just tried to do dummy avios bookings on ba.com. For the IAD-LHR sector I just tried looking for a one-way F avios booking on that day to see whether there was a reward seat available - and there was one. Tried the same for the LHR-LAX sector but no availability in F.

When I was booking it I told the guy on the phone that I wanted to upgrade the IAD-LHR sector from CW to F and had checked availability. He agreed a reward seat was available and did the upgrade on the phone.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Hi I am in the UK, If I book BRU to SFO then return SFO to BRU,( Via LHR ) can I just miss the last leg ? Or is there some sort of penalty.

BTW the price comes in at 1930 Euro in CW, which seems decent. ( is that the normal price or sale ? ).

I will be leaving early Sept and returning late Sept.

Sorry if these are newbie questions .

Many thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by coatieexpat
Hi I am in the UK, If I book BRU to SFO then return SFO to BRU,( Via LHR ) can I just miss the last leg ? Or is there some sort of penalty.

BTW the price comes in at 1930 Euro in CW, which seems decent. ( is that the normal price or sale ? ).

Many thanks.
I would recommend doing the following
SFO-CHI/NYC-LON-BRU
Make sure your TATL lands very late in the evening
Your bags will be tagged only to LHR.
You should only have to go to the UK and can ditch the LAST SEGMENT ONLY.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:43 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by coatieexpat

Many thanks.
The fare is a sale fare.

If you return into LHR and give yourself an 12hr+ stop in London, you can ask for your bags back at LHR when you check in for that flight without raising eyebrows.

Then it's not your fault if London traffic forces you to miss your onward flight.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
When does the sale fare end? Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Cityguy1
When does the sale fare end? Thanks
From BRU: Sept 13th
From FRA: Sept 17th

If you move your BAEC account out of the UK to mainland Europe and register for the offer, you'll get 30,000 bonus Avios per TATL round-trip between September 1st and December 19th as well as lower fares.

Or is the UK luxury sale just around the corner?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 6:50 am

Thank you to coatieexpat for asking the question ^

.... So let me get this straight, we can do this:

DUB-LHR-LAX-LAS (outbound journey)
MCO-MIA-LHR-DUB (inbound journey)

And miss the last part at DUB and retrieve our luggage at LHR??

If so we'd only need oneway flights to Dublin on the outbound side?

Sorry if the above sound like a bunch of silly questions!!

We were waiting for a UK sale to appear, however if there isn't one by this weekend - and by the looks of things, there have been no whispers on anything - we might just book this...

On First, the per person cost comes to £2,803 - this is good, right?

And we cannot miss that first leg from DUB to LHR and just show up at LHR

The only compromise we'd be making is that the LAX-LAS AA flight - we wanted the earlier connection (at 15:05 to get us at LAS for 16:20) but for some reason BA don't offer it, and AA won't go from Dublin Is there any way around this?

Sorry this has become an essay now - any help / advice would be highly appreciated!!! Thank you!
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Moomin126
On First, the per person cost comes to £2,803 - this is good, right?

And we cannot miss that first leg from DUB to LHR and just show up at LHR

Sorry this has become an essay now - any help / advice would be highly appreciated!!! Thank you!
I make the cost £2,803 too (Matrix), so yes, a good deal.

Missing any sector (except the last) will cause following sectors to be cancelled, so don't do that. Maybe book the return to DUB from a different London airport so you have to receive your baggage in London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.