Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Seat and flight availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MASTER THREAD: Seat and flight availability

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Favour please?

Would anyone be able to check the loads in CW on BA2232 BDA-LGW for today (18th Sep)? Have just checked my other half in online and then gone to check myself in (2 different booking references). Managed to do first check-in with no problems other than only about 3 seats to choose from and by the time I had got through to my booking just got a message saying that online check in was not available. This is the first time we have actually managed to fly together for about 3 years and was really looking forward to sitting together. If it looks full then we'll just have to get to the airport really early.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 5:25 pm

Hi!,

Just 1 J seat!

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Availability
--------- ------ ---- -------- ---- -------- --- -- --------------------------------------------------------------------
BA 2232 BDA 20:10 LGW 06:45 777 F2 A2 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L7 V0 S0 Q0 G9 J1 W9 E9 T9 N0
Old Sep 17, 2011, 5:27 pm

Thanks very much - hope I don't get downgraded (MFU booking for me)
Old Sep 17, 2011, 5:27 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lilyjosh0
Would anyone be able to check the loads in CW on BA2232 BDA-LGW for today (18th Sep)? Have just checked my other half in online and then gone to check myself in (2 different booking references). Managed to do first check-in with no problems other than only about 3 seats to choose from and by the time I had got through to my booking just got a message saying that online check in was not available. This is the first time we have actually managed to fly together for about 3 years and was really looking forward to sitting together. If it looks full then we'll just have to get to the airport really early.
If there is a F cabin on the flight, it may well be that they have upgraded you, not certain, but possible. Sensible to get there early though. If that's the case, it might not be difficult to find a volunteer to find someone to swap with you.

Edited to add: what's your status ion BAEC?
Old Sep 17, 2011, 5:30 pm

No probs!

However, I would just call them and double check with that all is good with the booking and just explain the situation. I have had this a few times and usually fine.

Plus, definitely get to airport early! Have a good flight!^
Old Sep 17, 2011, 5:35 pm

Status is a lowly blue now and booking was an MFU so I'm afraid no chance of an upgrade and much more likely a downgrade!! I'll just have to get myself a bit more organised and get to the airport when check in opens rather than leaving it to the last minute as planned!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 6:46 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Status is a lowly blue now and booking was an MFU so I'm afraid no chance of an upgrade and much more likely a downgrade!! I'll just have to get myself a bit more organised and get to the airport when check in opens rather than leaving it to the last minute as planned!
From experience on here I think the chances of a downgrade aren't as high as you think. Give them a call to reassure yourself, but getting to the airport as early as possible will help you in any case
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Actually, there may not be many gold/ silver card holders on that route so you could get upgraded. Very low chance of a downgrade though, don't worry .
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:23 am

Programs: BA BLUE, HH, AC/UA
Originally Posted by crystak
Actually, there may not be many gold/ silver card holders on that route so you could get upgraded. Very low chance of a downgrade though, don't worry .
BDA has been, in the past, very GOLD/SILV heavy. Most folks think of it as a tourism spot, (and it it truly one of my faves) but BDA is the home to many large, offshore insurance companies.

If you do go the the airport early, check in and then head to the Swizzle Inn for some libations. It's just across the causeway from the airport...or head into St. George.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 2:20 am

Yep - BDA is the only airport I've been to where the check in queue for Club and First is usually as long as Economy. The BA flight tends to fill up from the front first and gold and silver cards seem to be as common as tesco reward cards!! Sunday's flight is normally packed with business people wanting to be in the UK for Monday morning (we normally try to avoid the Sunday flight) and when you factor in the fact that Thursday's flight was cancelled to Hurricane Maria so they may still be catching up with those passengers then I'm not at all surprised that it's a busy flight.

Just in case does anyone know if I am downgraded what my options are - can I insist on rebooking another day rather than taking the downgrade?

NonSmokingWindow - your right about Swizzle. When the kids fly back to school in the UK we always take them for a meal there after they have checked in - has become a sort of ritual for us.

Finally sorry for posting in the wrong place - didn't realise that this thread existed.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 3:59 am

All ok now. I gave online check in another go at the crack of dawn this morning and it let me check in. Oddly and brilliantly I had also been allocated the seat next to my other half even though we were on different bookings and the cabin is packed.

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Miles & More FT, IC Gold Ambassador, SPG Gold
LHR-PVG BA169 10-oct-2011

Hi there,

Going to PVG on 10/10 on BA169 and back on BA168 on 15/10.
I'm not flexible on my dates and a return in CW was closed to 7.000€...way out of company travel policy...so booked in WT+...

Does Anyone know how does the load look like on both legs?...seems like birds are pretty full...crossing fingers for an interesting upgrade offer at OLCI or opup...but probably unlikely.

772 operating the PVG route are fitted with NF, has WT+ been refitted on 772 with NF?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by SN_RJ100
Hi there,

Going to PVG on 10/10 on BA169 and back on BA168 on 15/10.
I'm not flexible on my dates and a return in CW was closed to 7.000€...way out of company travel policy...so booked in WT+...

Does Anyone know how does the load look like on both legs?...seems like birds are pretty full...crossing fingers for an interesting upgrade offer at OLCI or opup...but probably unlikely.

772 operating the PVG route are fitted with NF, has WT+ been refitted on 772 with NF?
BA169. Lots of availability in WT+ on 10/10. CW looking busy.

BA168. 15/10. Same as above.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Miles & More FT, IC Gold Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
BA169. Lots of availability in WT+ on 10/10. CW looking busy.

BA168. 15/10. Same as above.
Thanks, how busy is CW?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by SN_RJ100
Thanks, how busy is CW?
10/10 LHR to PVG. 8 CW seats left of which all are in middle E and F.

15/10 PVG to LHR. 9 CW of which one is a window seat and rest are E and F.

About 17 or more WT+ free on each flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.