Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA offer for US based Flyertalkers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by MorganB
For the DFW market this is a great deal. WT+ for 977$ and Club World for 2497$ from DFW is far lower than I have ever seen.

Can we stop picking this offer apart and just thank BA for having it? I would prefer to encourage future offers.

These deals probably work for you because you want to travel gateway-London. Meantime, BA has quietly pushed the lowest published fare capable of MFU from Texas up by 25-35%. Also the lowest WT+ round trip AUS-DFW-LON I can find in the March-May timeframe is $1670-1950 depend on date and weekend supplements etc. which is about 2x the typical $700-800 cost of coach

These wall-to-wall specials might work for you, but I don't see much good news....

FWIW - if you want decent Business Class fares to Europe forget DFW and look at IAH - I've frequently seen sub-$2,500 fares.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Not only is WT+ a far superior product than economy on the other airlines, but the value you can get from BA Tier Points is vastly superior to what you would get on other airlines. If you fly enough on BA to gain Gold status, you will easily see the value.

OTOH if this is a one time flight for you on BA, then perhaps it's not worth as much. If I were a domestic flyer trying to reach UA Premex or AA Platinum or some such thing, I would probably stick with those airlines. But if I had to travel to Europe on business often, I would seriously look into this offer and try to gain as many TP's as I could.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by bernardd
These wall-to-wall specials might work for you, but I don't see much good news....
No they really dont work for me actually because I have no need to fly to London. I need to fly onward to Paris. However, a promo is a promo. It's not intended to be a broad fare sale across all flights. I am glad BA is doing it because perhaps next time they will add onward flights.

I agree that the best deals are out of Houston but by the time you add the trip to Houston from Dallas and all the layover padding so that you don't misconnect it adds an enormous amount of time to the trip.

I think the horrid fares out of DFW are more due to AA's draconian grip on the market than BA.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum/2m miler, Marriott A and LTT, Delta Diamond, Hertz Presidents, Avis Presidents. +more
Summer Deals

I would be very interested if you ran something like this in the summer when we have to go to the UK for a family affair.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Here's what I'd like to see for the next time:

MFU'able fares, particularly those for WT+, and similar savings for flights that extend beyond the UK (or at least the ability to book an onward CE or ET flight on the same PNR)

oh, and.....

Sale dates that coincide with me wanting to visit Europe. .
Old Feb 8, 2009, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What about the Flyertalkers who are not USA based ?
Old Feb 8, 2009, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by airbus320
What about the Flyertalkers who are not USA based ?
What about them? Apart from the fact it's obviously too much to hope some of them are capable of reading the very first post in the thread

If this proves to be popular, then we will look at running offers for UK and other regions.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
What about them? Apart from the fact it's obviously too much to hope some of them are capable of reading the very first post in the thread

Old Feb 8, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Please look into Canada as well!
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
The decent fares appear to be gone. They were there Feb 8 AM, and had increased when tried to book four hours later. Oh well.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum (+LTG)
Any chance this deal can be extended to Tuesday 17th Feb ? I should know by then (assuming we dispatch LTFC from the JPT) if I need to book a trip home in April to see the mighty Brighton & Hove Albion walk out in the stripes at Wembley....

Otherwise I see an expensive last minute booking being required....
Old Feb 10, 2009, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Cholula
Appreciate the assurances but I need to be 100% sure of getting seats together prior to booking.

"Fairly high chance" on a flight of this length and cost doesn't cut it for me.

Thanks.
^ Agree. This is the deal-breaker for me.

It's not just the uncertainty; when I'm away from home, particularly abroad where I never take a laptop, I don't want to be scramblling to interrupt what I'm doing or schedule my plans around trying to find somewhere at -24 hours to check in for a seat assignment.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
$999 Biz Class Deal Now Generally Available (book by 2/16)

Here's the link:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...FChksm=4572428
Old Feb 10, 2009, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Smile What about Canada

Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Hi guys,

We are running a short offer for all our flyertalkers based in the US.

Feel free to share with friends/colleagues. If this proves to be popular, then we will look at running offers for UK and other regions.

www.ba.com/flyertalk

Comments/thoughts welcome.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Great idea, what about Canada!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:34 pm
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Hi,

Thanks for all your comments. I'm hoping we have generated enough interest to run offers for other regions (including Canada).

Blue Box Flynn, apologies but this offer can't be extended.

Kind regards,

Dilly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.