Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA offer for US based Flyertalkers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Not immediately, but once you get into the booking system and start to see prices, you should see "Flyertalk Premium Offer" in the top right hand corner of price pages.
Gotcha, thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Great offer. I wish it included flights to other european destinations however as I have no need to travel to london.

If I were to book DFW-LON return and LON-CDG return I assume if any of the flights are late and I miss a connection then BA doesnt have to rebook me as its two PNRs correct?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 3:51 pm

Great offer thanks!!

So you cant mfu?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by MorganB

If I were to book DFW-LON return and LON-CDG return I assume if any of the flights are late and I miss a connection then BA doesnt have to rebook me as its two PNRs correct?
Correct. Experience from this board suggests that it's a mixed bag -- sometimes BA accomodates you anyway, sometimes not. I personally do this sort of booking rather a lot, since it is much cheaper than on one PNR, but with the current London weather, it may be a bit of a risk.

tb
Old Feb 5, 2009, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ElkeNorEast
Without logging into the Flyertalk offer: $977

Following Flyertalk offer: $977
Not logged in to the FT offer = $1,567.73.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold)
Originally Posted by ElkeNorEast
I checked priced in WTP from IAH-LHR departing 15 April returning 20 April.

Without logging into the Flyertalk offer: $977

Following Flyertalk offer: $977

OK price, but anyone seems to be able to get the "special fare."
Probably because your "without logging into" price was, actually, when logged into the Flyertalk offer. BA remembers that you've headed into a "special offer" booking for quite a while. Found the same thing with Shareholder Discount - once you've started a booking, going back to ba.com and starting a new booking continues to apply the Shareholder Discount.

P.S. Great offer. I just wish I lived in the US - companion tickets, deep discounts, free hotels, cheap £ when you're over here...
Old Feb 5, 2009, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Thank you for posting this. Unfortunately, I am booked solid (or working) and cannot take advantage. Am wiping the tears off my keyboard and boo hooing to wake the neighbors.

Am headed over there in July, but- alas, alas, too far out for this.

Funny how the LHR taxes work- when pricing it is cheaper for me to fly PHX-LHR, thenLHR-DUB or AMS, then to simply fly into LHR.

Thanks again!!!! I'll keep watching.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Guys, apologies... I've just been corrected and MFU is not allowed on this offer due to it being a private fare. MFUs are only allowed on published fares in the appropriate fare classes (http://www.britishairways.com/travel.../en_us#upgrade).

Apologies for getting this wrong.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Hey Dilly,

I am a little confused. I clicked on the link provided and it does say that T fares are eligible for MFUs?

bacxow
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Just sent a message to the Global Services folks at UAL. asking them if they will match the fares ...

I'm not holding my breath though !!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:49 pm
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

bacxow,

Published T fares are available for MFU. These are not published fares as they are an offer for flyertalkers and you have to be an exec club account holder.

Apologies for any confusion.

Kind regards,

Dilly

Originally Posted by bacxow
Hey Dilly,

I am a little confused. I clicked on the link provided and it does say that T fares are eligible for MFUs?

bacxow
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:57 pm

It's been a lot of years since I last flew BA, but this offer was really tempting. However, I ran into something on the price quote page that stopped me:

"Passengers travelling to and from UK Airports may take 1 bag, maximum size 56x45x25cm(22x17.5x9.85 inches). PLUS one laptop, handbag or briefcase"

Elsewhere on the BA site, it says that WT+ pax get a baggage allowance of 2 checked bags; does this offer have a different baggage limit?

And it is possible to pick seats before purchase? I can't find a way to do so, and while my dates are flexible, my companion's desire for a window seat is not. (sorry, I know that's a beginner question, but I usually fly NW and am spoiled by their system)
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:13 pm
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Hi,

The first section re "1 bag PLUS one laptop....." refers to the cabin / hand baggage you can take on board.

For WT+, you can take 2 checked baggage (plus of course you hand baggage allowance above).

Re the seating, here's our seating policy - http://www.britishairways.com/travel...y/public/en_gb

In this case, if you are Gold/Silver (or the oneworld equivalent) you can choose your seat beforehand. If not, you can choose your seat 24 hours before your flight departs (and also check-in online at the same time).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dilly

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
It's been a lot of years since I last flew BA, but this offer was really tempting. However, I ran into something on the price quote page that stopped me:

"Passengers travelling to and from UK Airports may take 1 bag, maximum size 56x45x25cm(22x17.5x9.85 inches). PLUS one laptop, handbag or briefcase"

Elsewhere on the BA site, it says that WT+ pax get a baggage allowance of 2 checked bags; does this offer have a different baggage limit?

And it is possible to pick seats before purchase? I can't find a way to do so, and while my dates are flexible, my companion's desire for a window seat is not. (sorry, I know that's a beginner question, but I usually fly NW and am spoiled by their system)
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:27 pm

The first section re "1 bag PLUS one laptop....." refers to the cabin / hand baggage you can take on board.
It might refer to hand baggage, but it doesn't say that. I posted the full quote from the price quote page, and there is no mention of what type of baggage that rule covers.

Re the seating, here's our seating policy - http://www.britishairways.com/travel...y/public/en_gb

In this case, if you are Gold/Silver (or the oneworld equivalent) you can choose your seat beforehand. If not, you can choose your seat 24 hours before your flight departs (and also check-in online at the same time).
Like I said, NW seat charts have spoiled me. I select flights based on getting the seats we need - window for the companion, one that accommodates my health problems. If BA doesn't allow me to do that, SkyTeam will be taking us to Europe next month.

Nice offer, BA, and a good price. But it just doesn't work for me.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
It might refer to hand baggage, but it doesn't say that. I posted the full quote from the price quote page, and there is no mention of what type of baggage that rule covers.
It's funny how that only comes up when logged in to the FT special offer.

Maybe BA knows about FTers' propensity for carrying too much stuff on board?
I select flights based on getting the seats we need - window for the companion, one that accommodates my health problems.
You can almost always get decent WT+ seats when online check-in opens, so this should not be a worry. When I check-in for family and friends, I usually see a better selection at that time than the selection I get when I'm trying to pre-allocate seats on other airlines, months before the flight.

But of course, if you prefer a NW in economy to a BA in World Traveller Plus ...

Last edited by Globaliser; Feb 6, 2009 at 5:21 am
Old Feb 6, 2009, 7:25 am

Programs: AS, Hyatt
Does anyone know approximately how much the taxes, etc. add to the 2 x $339 return fare, as in how does it price all in?

(It's not that I am too lazy to look but I'm not a BA EC member so it's a whole lot of steps to do a dummy booking to find out.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.