Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA offer for US based Flyertalkers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2009, 7:45 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Ok, I must be doing something wrong. I click the link above, it directs me to this address http://www.britishairways.com/travel...club/_gf/en_us I then login but do not see anything that references a flyertalk specific deal. I click on current offers and see an exclusive offer but seems to be something different than listed above. What I am screwing up?
Ok, looks like my problem was I was logging in with a regular online account on an exec club account. Great fares for WT+ and I have some colleagues that have recently been told no biz class bookings so perhaps this is a nice alternative for them for their spring trips.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by bobovespa
Does anyone know approximately how much the taxes, etc. add to the 2 x $339 return fare, as in how does it price all in?
Take a look at the table posted in post #9 - looks to be between $202 and $216 for the round trip.

Interestingly, when doing a dummy booking, and selecting the $339 flights, o the final price screen, it broke out the fare as:

Price: $414
Taxes, Fees & Surcharges: $465
Total: $880

Total is the same as $339 x 2 + $202 (for Boston), but broken out differently.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Not logged in to the FT offer = $1,567.73.

Yeah, that's the kind of fare I'm used to seeing for T base travel in WT+. Well, in the region of $1200-$1500, depending on the time of year.

I think I got a $900 fare the last time I booked into WT+ during "summer" and the cheapest had to be a Christmas fare that was something like $700. But both these were many, many, moons ago. Like I said in the other thread, I've pretty much been all-in for longhaul J (and one segment in F ) since at least 2003.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 8:36 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
I select flights based on getting the seats we need - window for the companion, one that accommodates my health problems. If BA doesn't allow me to do that, SkyTeam will be taking us to Europe next month.

Nice offer, BA, and a good price. But it just doesn't work for me.
Agree 100%.We had no plans to travel to England until we saw this offer.

We were almost ready to book a pair of RT's from LAX.

But not being able to select seats together at time of booking is a definite knockout punch for us. Plus I'm a bit dismayed at the fees and surcharges added to this otherwise excellent fare.

Glad I read this thread prior to starting the booking process.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
I'm surprised no one has linked this BBC News article to this thread for the following quotes

Originally Posted by BBC News
BA said it would try to sell more tickets in markets with stronger currencies to enable it to benefit from exchange rates.
and
Originally Posted by BBC News
Passenger traffic has declined as the economic downturn means people are travelling less. BA has also been offering special deals to encourage people to fly.
^ to Dilly for helping put Flyertalk at the top of these proposals
Old Feb 6, 2009, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Cholula
But not being able to select seats together at time of booking is a definite knockout punch for us.
Without wishing to rehash discussion of BA's seating policy, it's fair to say that there's a fairly high chance of getting 2 seats together when checking in online 24 hours prior to departure. I recently had similar worries with the Other Half's non-status parents, but on both flights got them prime upper deck seats (62J/K) with no issues. Anecdotal evidence around here has highlighted this isn't a rare event.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
The thread title is slightly incomplete - it should say "BA offer for US based flyertalkers who are also members of BA's Executive Club".

Doesn't look like members of other OW programs based in the US would be able to credit the flights to their program of choice (QF in my case).
Old Feb 6, 2009, 9:03 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
Without wishing to rehash discussion of BA's seating policy, it's fair to say that there's a fairly high chance of getting 2 seats together when checking in online 24 hours prior to departure.

Appreciate the assurances but I need to be 100% sure of getting seats together prior to booking.

"Fairly high chance" on a flight of this length and cost doesn't cut it for me.

Thanks.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
The thread title is slightly incomplete - it should say "BA offer for US based flyertalkers who are also members of BA's Executive Club".

Doesn't look like members of other OW programs based in the US would be able to credit the flights to their program of choice (QF in my case).
Couldn't you just call and have the executive club number removed from the booking and replaced with QF?

Also wanted to give a great big thank you to Dilly! It's very exciting to have a flyertalk promo!
Old Feb 6, 2009, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
Where does it say that? Not that there's any point in AA members trying it if they're after miles, but that's for other very well known reasons.

I'm not even sure you need to be an EC member - perhaps any old ba.com login will do to get to the post-PIN content. I wouldn't know as I only have my EC login.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by MorganB
Couldn't you just call and have the executive club number removed from the booking and replaced with QF?
Or indeed, enter it at the appropriate stage in the booking process - whilst some form of BA log on is needed to access the offer, the booking process allows the FFP to be changed (or at least my dummy booking just did ).
Old Feb 6, 2009, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Cholula
Appreciate the assurances but I need to be 100% sure of getting seats together prior to booking.

"Fairly high chance" on a flight of this length and cost doesn't cut it for me.

Thanks.
I could rephrase that to "there are remarkably few reports around here of people who OLCI at T-24 not getting two seats together" if it makes you feel more comfortable....
Old Feb 6, 2009, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You can almost always get decent WT+ seats when online check-in opens, so this should not be a worry. When I check-in for family and friends, I usually see a better selection at that time than the selection I get when I'm trying to pre-allocate seats on other airlines, months before the flight.

But of course, if you prefer a NW in economy to a BA in World Traveller Plus ...
When I was looking at availability for this fare, on more than one date I got a message along the lines of "Only 2 seats left at this fare" which suggests to me a fairly full cabin, and possible intense competition for window/aisle seat pairs. Not a risk that works for us, but you're free to take it if you can live with the consequences.

With the travel I already have lined up on NW this year, we'll have status by April with them, so it's worth it to us to fly direct SJC-AMS with a 2-4-2 most of the way instead of taking an interesting (and tempting!) detour through London.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
When I was looking at availability for this fare, on more than one date I got a message along the lines of "Only 2 seats left at this fare" which suggests to me a fairly full cabin
It suggests to me that BA are limiting the number of seats being sold at the promotional fare - like airlines do with any offer.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
When I was looking at availability for this fare, on more than one date I got a message along the lines of "Only 2 seats left at this fare" which suggests to me a fairly full cabin, and possible intense competition for window/aisle seat pairs.
Not so. This promotion books into the lowest booking class (T). All that display means is that the cabin is probably showing W9 E9 T2.

Repeating my long experience with online check-in: Even a cabin which is completely sold out as far as booking availability is concerned (W0 E0 T0) will almost always have window/aisle pairs available for allocation at the -24 hour point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.