Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MUCCI Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by spotwelder
Yep, must be around 20 years from now. I live close to LGW and all the ex Dan-Air, Air Europe, Laker and BCal girls around here seem to have been employed as stewardesses from the age of around 6. Must have been some young age like that as they all swear that they are still a long way off 40.
Very diplomatic
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by spotwelder
Aleks appears to be digging in his Wilmslow closet for a Toga, and yet his declaration of Gaydar would appear to indicate that his is out of the closet. I do get so confused. Maybe because I can only process things that are like me, "simple and straight".
The doors were well and truly kicked off that shabby little wooden number in the corner some time in the late 1980s. I didn't have to look too far for a toga; it was in the washing basket after a recent outing
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Maybe we can have one of the next FT Do's as a Toga Party

Paging MCS? to organise it!!
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:32 pm

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
TOGA Button

Given that in aviation acronym speak TOGA means Take-Off/Go-Around for the switch to set the power on the side of the thrust levers, I hate to think what will get taken off, and what will go-around between some of the attendees.

I do hope that anyone standing proud at the event has a lot of pride in themselves. I guess that would be London Pride for Boddies if the export train derails on the way South. Not sure about the main outing of pride in Brighton though. As the ultimate fashion victim, can somebody please tell me in advance what the correct way to carry a rucksack is whilst wearing a toga.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 1:17 pm

1. Minimise the weight to be carried - always a good rule!

2. Make sure that the weight is carried symmetrically about the spine - so your rucksack would seem to be good, providing you don't carry it off one shoulder! (Just look, from behind, at people walking and if they carry a bag on one shoulder expect that shoulder to be raised and the upper spine bent over. Even small bags or cameras can result in that "un-level" shoulder posture. Now we do know that a "raised/lowered shoulder" posture can be bad for your health. It is also, incidentally, a reason why many otherwise well qualified people are not accepted as "catwalk" models"; a job for which a upright, symmetrical posture is required!)

3. Make sure that your bag has wide straps to spread the load and that it sits comfortably on the back - avoid, for example, books packed so that they dig in and cause discomfort.

4. Pack your bag so that the heavy (dense) material is at the bottom of the bag, if it is a full sized, correctly fitting rucksack you can transfer some of this load directly to the pelvis and take it off the spine/shoulders.

5. Take particular care when putting on or taking off your bag; not only will the load be asymmetrical but your posture is usually twisted. Indeed, even under common, near ideal, conditions I would not "recommend" adult females to lift 3kg from the floor.

PS You forgot Manchester Pride Big Weekend - 24-27 August - but I'll be in Edinburgh for the last night of the Tattoo on the 25th
Old Jul 12, 2007, 1:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

BREAKING NEWS

PUCCI RETIRES
Old Jul 12, 2007, 2:01 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by stimpy
This is the first I've noticed of this thread and now that I've read a few pages...

Perhaps a moderator should re-title it "Pucci and her Admirers Cavort in a Caligula-like Cyber Orgy". Then I might have noticed it earlier.

Seriously, it is a tribute to the most amazing person on all of Flyertalk. Pity I'm in second place, but then aren't we all?
Arise Sir Stimpy Mucci des Coins Exotiques, Never ever refer to yourself as also ran. I shall expect - nay require your status in your signature please. That should have the Air France Forum OOO-la la-ing like Madame Sarkozy.
You are raised to this honour because I like you. I do hope that you will accept.

I have heard this Forum referred to as many things - but never as an Orgy room. Still there is always a first.

Hugs from your devoted admirer
Old Jul 12, 2007, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Spottie's missing part on his CV.... caution potential ROTFL moment ahead

Originally Posted by Aleks
Now we do know that a "raised/lowered shoulder" posture can be bad for your health. It is also, incidentally, a reason why many otherwise well qualified people are not accepted as "catwalk" models"; a job for which a upright, symmetrical posture is required!)
Oh no, flash back to 1993 time. I knew this would come back to haunt me! I suppose that I had better admit it. I spent a short time "between jobs" in 1993 and a friend was short staffed in a company importing men's suits. He asked me to help out with the administration and, you guessed it, travel bookings.

We went off to Portugal with a buyer to look at a whole range of suits. I ended up as a model on a runway, no the fashion type, when they were a model down and my tall (and in those days athletic) frame was deemed to be just right. I got through the show fine, but the rather smashed up back as the result of having to use a parachute, did give the trademark lean which rather terminated that line of future business.

I guess that since moving to this job, I have spent more time on walking on runways in New York, Paris, London, Milan and Sydney than most fashion models.

End of admission
Old Jul 13, 2007, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
BREAKING NEWS

PUCCI RETIRES
I think that this is a bit like the Queen flouncing out of the photo call. Amazing what cut-and-paste can do.

At least it was not the Obituary page! I am so pleased that HIDDY has so little to do with his time but he clearly maintains that he is a Gentleman (sic) of Leisure. He should be thankful that he has a Mrs HIDDY as I am fatally as attracted to Older Men as a moth is to the flame.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Arise Sir Stimpy Mucci des Coins Exotiques, Never ever refer to yourself as also ran. I shall expect - nay require your status in your signature please.

You are raised to this honour because I like you. I do hope that you will accept.
I do humbly accept this prestigious honor. Do tell me where to post you my formal signature accepting this status. I will send it by Chronopost immediately. And where shall I pick up my hugs? Quelque coins exotique I suppose?

Je vous embrasse.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 6:46 am

Good News!

Originally Posted by stimpy
I do humbly accept this prestigious honor. Do tell me where to post you my formal signature accepting this status. I will send it by Chronopost immediately. And where shall I pick up my hugs? Quelque coins exotique I suppose?

Je vous embrasse.
Wonderful. I am so pleased. Now we will ask the Good Moomba to record on the Thread of Fame.

Your hugs you can collect as they will be reciprocated AND you can be intimate with me. You can use Tu when addressing me..

Un Gros Bisou (Phil that means kiss in case you were jealously wondering!)
Old Jul 13, 2007, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Wonderful. I am so pleased. Now we will ask the Good Moomba to record on the Thread of Fame.
The deed is done.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
You can use Tu when addressing me.
But that just isn't done when one hasn't been properly introduced. Proper introductions include les bisous. Vrai bisous! Internet introductions don't usually count. Be that as it may Pucci, you are a trailblazer and beggars can't be choosers. Ta raison.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Ever the humble servant; I have added Spottie's latest honour to the roll call.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Moomba
Ever the humble servant; I have added Spottie's latest honour to the roll call.
And I thank you for the enhancement to my status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.