Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2007 archive]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 12:40 pm

you're talking to a man who paid for an entire virgin holiday via Tesco

this is brilliant - thank you.

Just so i've not missed something, what is the cheapest way to fly club with BA - is it all points or a mixture of cash and miles.

thanks for the welcome - have found this site useful in the past, just didn't have anything to add or ask.
Old May 14, 2007, 1:03 pm

Its difficult to jusdge "Cheapest" unless we know your situation.

Obviously all 100k ba miles is cheapest, as all you need to pay is tax and fees. But the 100k ba miles will have cost you something to accumulate.

You cant do a direct "Cash+Miles" booking into Club World, but you can buy a WTP ticket, and then use a Miles-For-Upgrade (25k BA miles for WTP to CW) to get you into CW.

So I guess you should weigh up how much its going to cost you to accumulate the 100k miles versus the cost of a WTP ticket plus 25k miles.
Old May 14, 2007, 1:12 pm

thanks, unfortunately i don't have 25000 miles at present so i can't find the fares for that ticket - really useful though.

cheers
Old May 14, 2007, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kezza25
thanks, unfortunately i don't have 25000 miles at present so i can't find the fares for that ticket - really useful though.

cheers

The WTP (World Traveller Plus) part of the ticket has nothing to do with miles. Its just the regular cash ticket. So you can find the standard price on ba.com.

Either way, so long as you are an Executive Club member, you can log on and check the price of an MFU, even if you dont have any miles. It only stops later in the booking process when it lets you know you dont have sufficient mileage.

Edited to say: I/we have now gone way OT, hence happy to continue on a new topic if u wish. But would suggest a brief read of the Ultimate BA guide, as it fully covers Tesco and MFUs as well as standard redemptions.

Last edited by kryten22uk; May 14, 2007 at 1:54 pm
Old May 14, 2007, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Kezza25
is there a limit to the numer of ponits you can get via Tesco?

Don't be silly...
Old May 14, 2007, 2:45 pm

A bit of a crisis!!!

This is the worst possible timing!!

I have bought hundreds of pounds worth of marriot points for a number of tesco accounts - and am moving home on friday!!

Post redirection takes 5 working days to kick in, and I dont even know the address of the property I am moving to (dont ask!)...

I may not be able to collect my post after I have moved out!

What happens if my vouchers arrive and Im not here?

Will tesco re-dispatch them to my new address? Any advice?
Old May 14, 2007, 2:54 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by altozar
This is the worst possible timing!!

I have bought hundreds of pounds worth of marriot points for a number of tesco accounts - and am moving home on friday!!

Post redirection takes 5 working days to kick in, and I dont even know the address of the property I am moving to (dont ask!)...

I may not be able to collect my post after I have moved out!

What happens if my vouchers arrive and Im not here?

Will tesco re-dispatch them to my new address? Any advice?
Download the RoyalMail redirection application form from their website and take it with the relevant proofs they require to your local main post office and they'll redirect to a friends address until you have a permanent address or use Poste Restante and they'll hold on to it for you.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=19100252

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=19100259

..... or redirect to a Post Office number

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=25700670
Old May 14, 2007, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by uk1
Download the RoyalMail redirection application form from their website and take it with the relevant proofs they require to your local main post office and they'll redirect to a friends address until you have a permanent address or use Poste Restante and they'll hold on to it for you.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=19100252

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=19100259

..... or redirect to a Post Office number

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=25700670
Thanks Uk1! will get onto that tomorrow - but I think I still have to wait five days for it to come ito effect... would tesco reissue vouchers if it cant be set up in time?
Old May 14, 2007, 5:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver & Hilton Diamond
If you want I'll credit them into my BA account then add you as a household member...
Old May 15, 2007, 12:24 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by altozar
Thanks Uk1! will get onto that tomorrow - but I think I still have to wait five days for it to come ito effect... would tesco reissue vouchers if it cant be set up in time?

The chances of Tesco sending your vouchers in the next 5 days is quite low. But if you have an "unofficial" word with the local PO they may hold onto your mail whilst the forms progress.
Old May 15, 2007, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by uk1
The chances of Tesco sending your vouchers in the next 5 days is quite low. But if you have an "unofficial" word with the local PO they may hold onto your mail whilst the forms progress.
They have started arriving, according to paidtoshop
Old May 15, 2007, 5:43 pm

Another Tesco perk is that Tesco will donate an extra 20% on top of what I raise for Race for Life.
I have so far raised 800, if you are a tax payer they can also claim it back via gift aid and Tesco will give Cancer Research another 20%. RESULT!!!!

See my address below.

Another reason to donate.
Old May 16, 2007, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, BA Amex PP, SPG Gold
How long to convert?

Does anyone have know how long it takes for the Tesco CC points to reach BAEC if I am setup for auto conversion?
Old May 16, 2007, 1:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by chrishow
Does anyone have know how long it takes for the Tesco CC points to reach BAEC if I am setup for auto conversion?
My last 4 transfers were 18th May, 17th August, 13th November, and 16th February. I haven't had one this quarter yet.
Old May 16, 2007, 9:33 am
uk1
Suspended

Am I misunderstanding my Airmiles statement?

It has a little section of "offers" and one says:
Double Airmiles with your grocery shopping

Exchange your Tesco Clubcard Vouchers online for Airmiles and receive double miles in(sic) 1 May and 30th June 2007.
The small print goes on to imply that it's an offer for people that have not converted Tesco points to Airmiles before. But the link offered is to the normal Tesco conversion page. Has anyone else noticed this and is it really an offer for double miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.