Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2007 archive]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2007, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
nothing at all
there is a poll on PTS and there are a few people who have received them but not that many (though its dependent on people voting) - just though we usually have the miles about now so behopes to have them by middle of the week
Old May 20, 2007, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Mrs flyoff has received her sub £50 vouchers last Wednesday. My previous experience is that they leave the vouchers that require multiple printing & stapling to the last.
Old May 20, 2007, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I currently have £55.28 of wine in my basket and the 1500points code has been accepted, but it says no free delivery as I have not spent £99. Am I doing something wrong or have I simply missed the free delivery ?
Old May 20, 2007, 6:58 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I currently have £55.28 of wine in my basket and the 1500points code has been accepted, but it says no free delivery as I have not spent £99. Am I doing something wrong or have I simply missed the free delivery ?
Free delivery was only for orders placed up to 13th May
Old May 21, 2007, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Well the 3 sim cards I ordered on Friday turned up this morning, and my accounts have already been credited.
Still can’t seem to order another on a fourth account despite waiting a couple of days.
Is it really as Teece mentioned earlier that they seem to put a stop on after the 3rd use of the promotion, or has anyone here managed to order more then 3?

By the way judging by the number of Tesco Sim cards added to eBay this weekend, seem like this has been a very popular promotion code!!!!
Old May 21, 2007, 2:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by flyoff
Mrs flyoff has received her sub £50 vouchers last Wednesday. My previous experience is that they leave the vouchers that require multiple printing & stapling to the last.
Had four sub-£50 mailings on Friday - still waiting for my £500+ one, so your experience seems to be bearing out here.
Old May 21, 2007, 2:44 am

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by clubman
Well the 3 sim cards I ordered on Friday turned up this morning, and my accounts have already been credited.
Still can’t seem to order another on a fourth account despite waiting a couple of days.
Is it really as Teece mentioned earlier that they seem to put a stop on after the 3rd use of the promotion, or has anyone here managed to order more then 3?
I had the same problem - managed to order 3 SIM cards but couldn't order a fourth - the order appeared to go through but then I received an email from Tesco saying that the order had been cancelled.

According to the discussions over at www.paidtoshop.co.uk attempting to make more than three purchases from Tesco Direct within approximately 24 hours (even using different Clubcard accounts and different credit or debit cards) results in a security block which prevents all Tesco Direct orders from your address for 30 days (grocery and wine orders are unaffected).

The only way round this seems to be to buy a Tesco giftcard in store and use it instead of a credit or debit card to pay online. I bought a giftcard on Saturday and was then able to successfully order a 4th SIM card.
Old May 21, 2007, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC, Skywards, KLM
Originally Posted by Alvador
The only way round this seems to be to buy a Tesco giftcard in store and use it instead of a credit or debit card to pay online.
I've now tried this too, and it seems to have worked - thanks very much!

Interestingly though, I managed to get it to work on four clubcards/emails before now. But two of these cards are merged into one account/mailing. I wonder if it is three accounts (could be merged accounts) rather than three clubcards that is the limit. Anybody any experience?
Old May 21, 2007, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
The only way round this seems to be to buy a Tesco giftcard in store and use it instead of a credit or debit card to pay online. I bought a giftcard on Saturday and was then able to successfully order a 4th SIM card.
Thanks for the tip Alvador.
So why do they except the gift cards but not a Credit/debit card?
You are still using the same account, and address are you not?
Old May 21, 2007, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
What is the minmium value of Clubcard vouchers that they send out in a mailing ? I have stray Clubcard account, which has somehow not yet been merged into my other accounts and I was wondering whether if it only clocked up the 500 points for this transaction, I would get the vouchers. If so its worth trying another purchase.
Old May 21, 2007, 6:29 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
What is the minmium value of Clubcard vouchers that they send out in a mailing ? I have stray Clubcard account, which has somehow not yet been merged into my other accounts and I was wondering whether if it only clocked up the 500 points for this transaction, I would get the vouchers. If so its worth trying another purchase.
50 points is the minimum, so fill your boots
Old May 21, 2007, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC, Skywards, KLM
Actually, I think it's 150 minimum, with 50 point increments after that.
Old May 21, 2007, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by clubman
Thanks for the tip Alvador.
So why do they except the gift cards but not a Credit/debit card?
You are still using the same account, and address are you not?
I used a different Clubcard account but the same postal address for the 4th SIM card order. Tried three different credit cards - all blocked, including one I hadn't used before for a Tesco direct order. With the Tesco giftcard I didn't need to enter any credit or debit card details only the giftcard number and the order went through OK. SIM card arrived today.

So the "blocking" after three Tesco direct orders seems to be implemented by refusing any credit / debit cards from the same postal address (and it has been suggested same computer IP address). Using the giftcard seems to get round this.
Old May 21, 2007, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Alvador I will do that.
Old May 21, 2007, 1:05 pm
uk1
Suspended

I used a different Clubcard account but the same postal address for the 4th SIM card order. Tried three different credit cards - all blocked, including one I hadn't used before for a Tesco direct order. With the Tesco giftcard I didn't need to enter any credit or debit card details only the giftcard number and the order went through OK. SIM card arrived today.

So the "blocking" after three Tesco direct orders seems to be implemented by refusing any credit / debit cards from the same postal address (and it has been suggested same computer IP address). Using the giftcard seems to get round this.

4 worked for me - all the same address - two different cards. All arrived today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.