Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2007 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2007, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by tristan727
it certainly does cost the company by lowering the value & exlusivity of the upper cabins... I myself have been in 1st class...[with] a couple who the stewardess knew, that were laughing away & toasting with champagne most of the trip.
Something certainly DID lower the 'value and exclusivity [spelling corrected] of the upper cabins'. I leave it to the readers to draw their own conclusions as to what.

BAH
Old Sep 13, 2007, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by tristan727
I am giving them an absolute fortune, compared to eco. pax - as the seat would have been unoccupied, presuming BA redemption seat policy works effectively.
Look at it this way. BA pays its recently recruited staff peanuts - many of the junior cabin crew literally get in a year what some of the City people on this board earn in a week. These keeps costs down and tickets cheaper. Part of the reason BA can get away with not paying much is because of staff perks which cost the company next to nothing but are valued by the recipients.

Its the same reason why senior civil servants always get knighthoods when they retire. It is a bribe by the Govt to persuade people to work for very modest sums, compared to the private sector, and benefits all of us by keeping tax down.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Raffles

Its the same reason why senior civil servants always get knighthoods when they retire.
And pensions!!
Old Sep 13, 2007, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
I have had a kitchen table (quite a nice one too, still use it) from my employer, plus various bits of home entertainment equipment (I've even turned down stuff because I can't find a place for it). On the official discretionary benefis, among other things we used to get Christmas and birthday presents which was nice. I've even bought things at Tesco that I have used my clubcard for and got the points that I have been able to claim back through expenses
Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
I have had a kitchen table (quite a nice one too, still use it) from my employer, plus various bits of home entertainment equipment (I've even turned down stuff because I can't find a place for it). On the official discretionary benefis, among other things we used to get Christmas and birthday presents which was nice. I've even bought things at Tesco that I have used my clubcard for and got the points that I have been able to claim back through expenses
Hi
Well when I get a new laptop (near enough one each year) the old one is left with me and I pass it onto someother member of my family. I have also had home entertainment equipment for doing extra work.

As for Tesco and points, well I use them for work stuff all the time. Just about to buy some bottles of wine for a charity raffle we are donating too. My sugesting of wine went down really well

I also get other perks as well but the thing is that I do pay for it in some way as I have my phone on 24/7 and I do get the odd extra out of hours phone calls.

As for other perks well the odd meal on the company credit card for the family as a thank you for all the garbage they have had to put up with, the occasional night in a hotel, flights to London plus accomodation for xmas function.

Now if I can just get a new system in after the new year I will get a new trip for the family and me to Oz (visit to the head office hmmm lol)

Anyway, back to Tesco, its great when others are paying for your points. So far this year 3 of my customers have bought laptops from Tesco with my help and also 2 desk top pcs. Its a pity they dont have clubcards, I did accept the points when they offered
Old Sep 14, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Anyone else still waiting for their August points to auto-convert to BA miles - should I be worried if mine haven't converted yet?
Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by gallagher
Anyone else still waiting for their August points to auto-convert to BA miles - should I be worried if mine haven't converted yet?
Hi
I gave up and went back to paper vouchers. They convert so easily these days.

Apart from that, yes I think you should be worried....
Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:53 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Mine and the wife's went through a while ago. Have you had the statement yet? If not I would worry.

Regards

John
Old Sep 14, 2007, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by johnaalex
Mine and the wife's went through a while ago. Have you had the statement yet? If not I would worry.

Regards

John
no statement, no money off vouchers - and my full points balance is still showing on tesco.com
Old Sep 15, 2007, 3:17 am

no statement, no money off vouchers - and my full points balance is still showing on tesco.com
I've just spoken to Customer Services. They tell me there is a problem with my address (although they had the correct address and it hasn't caused a problem in the past).

I now have to wait until November for my August Qtr points to convert to BA miles and I also won't be getting my August statement with the usual extra points vouchers

Asked them to send me one of those keyring cards - this will take 6 weeks

all in all excellent service - couldn't wish for better
Old Sep 15, 2007, 5:40 am

I've just spoken to Customer Services. They tell me there is a problem with my address (although they had the correct address and it hasn't caused a problem in the past).

I now have to wait until November for my August Qtr points to convert to BA miles and I also won't be getting my August statement with the usual extra points vouchers

Hi
I would call back and ask too speak with a supervisor (unless there are things you dont want them too see with your accounts) and ask them for something for all the problems.

They can be pretty good at giving you the odd points, if you can get at least 1000pts off them then this will certainly be better than the mailings of lately.

regards
Old Sep 15, 2007, 6:27 am

Not strictly Tesco and BA but they are currently offering a free silver iPod shuffle if you sign up for three months. Lowest cost would be £13.41 for the three months.

http://www.tescodvdrental.com/visitor/home.html
Old Sep 15, 2007, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)

Go into your local and get an application for a new card, which should come with keyring cards already with it (IIRC) and then log in online to your existing a/c and change your card number to the one for which you have the keyring cards - easily done.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Triple Clubcard Points on Tesco Direct until 30 Sep

It's back! Triple Clubcard Points on Tesco Direct until 30 Sep
http://direct.tesco.com/promo/?id=S00003867
Old Sep 16, 2007, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Groggy
It's back! Triple Clubcard Points on Tesco Direct until 30 Sep
http://direct.tesco.com/promo/?id=S00003867

I just bought a new fridge freezer comibine that the Tesco Direct 500 pointer and I made 2902 points.

Then on the wifes account ordered her new gas hob so managed another 1000 odd points.

Aint life great when your doing your kitchen up. Oh by the way Tesco was not the cheapest for the fridge freezer but with only £5 delivery they were not far off the mark of the other compaines who all wanted around £50 delivery (large American type unit).

Now we are looking at some other nice stuff from them, the DIY side looks like it will get an order as well.

Oh dont you just love it when these promotions happen and you can actually spend the money on things that are needed and you dont have too argue with the wife about it all.

Then again she flew LHR<>DFW and LAX<>LHR Club World this summer and has decided she does not want to fly in anything less

Now if I can only get her to drink more wine lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.