Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Well On Topic: Glad I'm not on Max Jet today, er yesterday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well On Topic: Glad I'm not on Max Jet today, er yesterday

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2007, 6:31 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Excellent stuff G-BOAC. ^

Enjoy the flight and don't come back going all yee-haw on us.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 6:41 am

Programs: BA
Here's some data on the "Dallas Cowboys" plane (which is just commercially available, the team charter it regularly but do not own it).

http://www.mlwair.com/fleet/n801dm/n801dm_brochure.pdf

Incidentally, going onto the main mlwair.com site and having a look around is an interesting way to waste half an hour as well.

Last edited by WHBM; Jun 7, 2007 at 6:49 am
Old Jun 7, 2007, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
WHBM you are a plane almanac! Thanks ^ That says 63 not 68 seats, my mistake...the 'welcome' letter from MY actually says 62, I just checked. Barring seat changes, I'm in the last row of 'Ultra first class' in the 1-2 section. Can you imagine lavatories so large they have windows? Can you? That's some selling point. BA should think about that for its FIRST product
Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Can you imagine lavatories so large they have windows? Can you?
Of course I can. The BA BAe748s that were on the run from Glasgow to the Islands in the 1980s-90s had a window in the lav. Not quite the same standards of furnishings though !
Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:24 am
Suspended

WHBM you are a plane almanac! Thanks ^ That says 63 not 68 seats, my mistake...the 'welcome' letter from MY actually says 62, I just checked. Barring seat changes, I'm in the last row of 'Ultra first class' in the 1-2 section. Can you imagine lavatories so large they have windows? Can you? That's some selling point. BA should think about that for its FIRST product
How exciting for you!^

Do hope you manage to snap a few shots inside and write up a trip report!
Old Jun 7, 2007, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Probably one of the few ways of travelling facing backwards apart from BA's NCW as well! ^

Would be interesting to do the steep 757 climb facing backwards - it's weird enough on the 747!!
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by PhilH
Probably one of the few ways of travelling facing backwards apart from BA's NCW as well! ^
OK, i'll start

a) Row 1 of an old Gill Air ATR
b) the overwing exit row of a Dan Air plane (can't remember if it was a 1-11 or a 737)
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
OK, i'll start

a) Row 1 of an old Gill Air ATR
b) the overwing exit row of a Dan Air plane (can't remember if it was a 1-11 or a 737)
Hi,
Also Row 1 seats CD of the ex-BA DH8's.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 7, 2007, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Southwest used to (or still does have) club (as in facing each other) seating. Problem was no tray to put your drink or peanuts on.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Can you imagine lavatories so large they have windows?
Yes, SAS A340s. In economy.

I'll get my anorak...
Old Jun 7, 2007, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Flew MAXjet last September and IAD to STN was cancelled - offered to rebook on VS, yes in economy. Outrageous, really...

Had to fly JetBlue to JFK, then JFK-STN. JetBlue lost my bags, never made the MAXjet flight and MAXjet spent 3 days tracking them down and sending them to me, in Vienna, on Austrian Air. Went to Vienna airport, no bags, called MAXjet and they said they had stuffed up again, got them the next day on another Austrian Air flight.

Be Warned. Wrote to customer service requesting a free round-trip ticket and never received a response.

Last edited by seanp7; Jun 7, 2007 at 6:00 pm
Old Jun 7, 2007, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WHBM
Of course I can.
I was being a tad sarcastic

Originally Posted by krug
Do hope you manage to snap a few shots inside and write up a trip report!
No pics - no camera to hand. The plane was nearly full - it was actually the plane from the Dallas Mavericks not Dallas Cowboys, they were wrong at check-in. Logos on the winglets and moving map. There were a couple of people from Pace there (the owners) but the rest of the crew were all MY's - apparently they're cross-trained. I was surprised to hear that, but I guess it could have been from previous jobs and they're just lucky to have enough staff still current?

Anyway, no problems. All the 'service items' and food were MY's. The food is better than it was in December. And the service was good too, especially since I assume they weren't used to the plane's particular setup. We even landed early to an empty immigration hall ^

The seats were comfy, but not great in the recline - less than MY's normal ones I felt, but not too far off. Big black leather things - like a private La-Z-Boy in the sky! They even swivel. This whole description sounds rude. Leg room galore and, yes, the much touted bog was about twice the size of a 'normal' one on a plane with not 1, not 2, but THREE windows I think. Maybe even 4. I have to confess I didn't pay so much attention to that The black leather theme continued on the seat 'complex' ('twas a fine commode setup, no ordinary Pissenwasser receptacle). Anyone would think they had lots of cows in Dallas or something.

Big plus - individual air vents. And per the other current thread, it was a comfortable temperature throughout ^

I did not use the fax machine All in all, a very pleasant trip! Maybe one day I'll get my own Exec Jet like The Donald has. But better Seats at the back looked OK, but definitely not as good as up front legroom-wise.

Last edited by G-BOAC; Jun 7, 2007 at 7:28 pm Reason: Get my La-Z-Boy branding fixed!
Old Jun 8, 2007, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
No pics - no camera to hand.
Surely that mahoosive phone you carry around (which is about the size of a laptop) has a camera?? :P
Old Jun 8, 2007, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schofs
Surely that mahoosive phone you carry around (which is about the size of a laptop) has a camera?? :P
It did. But it doesn't work when the phone is turned off in flight However, I'm still an idiot...I ditched the breeze block phone (Nokia 9500) this week having secured a nice new E90 (a more sculpted brick, shall we say), which is a great device ^ Which has a camera that works in 'Offline' mode. Ooops Old habits, etc.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 5:09 am

For the plane buffs here the 757 was built in 1993 for Iberia, but they retired their 757 fleet prematurely. Pace bought it and fitted the interior in early 2001. They get work for it from high-end sports teams, touring rock groups, government bodies, etc.

I see even the British Government has had it on a past charter with our illustrious elected representatives. Carbon offsets my a**e.

Pace's maintenance base is at Winston-Salem NC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.