Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Very Mini "Between Christmas and New Year" FT Do: London 28h Dec

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very Mini "Between Christmas and New Year" FT Do: London 28h Dec

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Well, I'm surprisingly not feeling too bad. This is either because I'm still drunk (entirely possible) or some other reason that I can't fathom. Because I certainly deserve to be feeling rotten with the amount I consumed!

It was a great do! Thanks to all for coming and making it so pleasurable - a very successful "very mini do" which I think we may see repeated as an annual "between Christmas and New Year" thing, as it appears there are many of us in London at this time with not much to do! Overall I think everyone had a good time, which is the main thing. ^

A group of us ended up in flyclub's room at the Intercontinental (with the £1000 Bang & Olufsen remote control apparently ) raiding a free (and very well stocked it must be said) mini-bar until about 1am, before deciding that the banging on the wall, phone call from reception and eventually a visit from a hotel staff member made us realise that we were probably being a bit too noisy and people wanted to sleep! Personally I blame flyclub's eclectic CD selection and a Bose stereo...

I've managed to delay today's binge session from 1pm to 3pm. It's a pyrrhic victory...
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:51 am

Oh dear - a 1020 start...

Reminds self to stock up the digestive system before my next BA binge drink (*cough* I mean DO)... PhilH - I shall aim for another visit to London next year between Chrissy and New Year's...

Thanks everyone for the fun evening! ^
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Oh that Cristal was good. Yum yum yum.

Awesome evening, everyone. Suffering a little this morning having arrived at the office substantially later than Smirnoff's meeting finished!

PS. I've managed to pack a bag for my weekend in Newcastle consisting of some socks and a copy of last Friday's Times. Hopefully I will be able to find some old clothes at my parents' house.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:04 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Great Mini-Do

Hi,

It was great to attend and catch up with some new people, and I hesitate to say, some old ones too.

Editorial note to self: Always arrive first at a Do as a round of two diet Cokes is much cheaper than for 15 champagne monsters later in the evening.

Nice to meet sunrisegirl and sorry about the leg. Good luck with the job application. Fun to meet Witch for a few minutes. No tier points when flying by broomstick but the hairmiles must be worth it.

As ever, much hilarity with trying to explain to MCS the story of being in New York and pulling a certain FTer's (actually the one that works for the other, somewhat pinker if that was possible, FT) knob off at 0600 without him even noticing. Honestly, door furniture is not what it used to be. Great to catch up with the FT FTer and plan to meet up in sunnier lands in Feb.

Thanks to FlyEconomyin2007asanexperience for the instructions as to where it was all going on and for being able to recite the Bang and Awfulsound price list at midnight. The cab driver must have had a bit of a strange idea of the famous five in the cab when there was lots of shouting into a mobile phone call to Pye-eyedintheMadridLounge who was attacking breakfast in Sydney. Apparently at the approximate age of 40, he is exempt a HIP check, so there must be a few years left in those legs.

Certainly the inability to move seats after check-in was to the advantage of Smirknoff, as the PYOBP was on the table with several FTers trying to get him reseated to 17B. Note to self: must remember to phone BA in that situation and say that his girlfriend will be joining on flight and travelling economy, and as she likes a window seat, please place him in middle. Downgrade accepted to hold her hand on take-off.

Good luck to those that do not have a job at the moment. My thoughts are with you.

To those that I have not mentioned, or did not get time to talk to in depth, see you soon at a London Do, or even as far away as MEL.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:19 am

Worried about your HIP? - Try to beat the X!

The joys of not having a hangover... Grrrreat post Spottie ^
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
According to his passport photo, Smirnoff is a ginger!
And what a passport photo it was

Were you able to use the visa we provided for you Smirnoff?

I've just returned from East Surrey A&E where I've had to have 3 stitches in the leg gash, plus tetanus shot and lots of pills and potions. Worse part is, unless I can become a contortionist, I'm not allowed a bath for a week
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am trying to piece things together from MCS?'s SMSs, but having a little difficulty, suggesting that either MCS? is still inebriated, or English is his third language.

Could someone please explain who got off with who, as I am mighty confused.

And why exactly did a stranger buy a bottle of champagne?

And is it true that sunrisegirl needed a tetanus shot, because MCS? bit her leg?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:27 am

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
I am trying to piece things together from MCS?'s SMSs, but having a little difficulty, suggesting that either MCS? is still inebriated, or English is his third language.

I rejected MCS' advances, but he still won't take the hint. I'm not interested, no ? about it.

Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Smirnoff

And why exactly did a stranger buy a bottle of champagne?

And is it true that sunrisegirl needed a tetanus shot, because MCS? bit her leg?

Smirnie - you left too early, it all got going after you left Mind you most of it happened after I left too!

My tetanus shot surely was as a result of having handled your passport.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 9:37 am
KRS

Great first DO!

Thanks everyone for making my first DO a great one! Luckily I was able to cure my hangover in the First lounge at Gatwick the following morning.

Anyone interested in pictures from the evening feel free to PM me.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
I've just returned from East Surrey A&E where I've had to have 3 stitches in the leg gash, plus tetanus shot and lots of pills and potions. Worse part is, unless I can become a contortionist, I'm not allowed a bath for a week
In a further development I am rather pleased to hear you have a gash. I was quite shocked when I met Tits for the first time.

Hope your gash heals up swiftly................
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by krug
In a further development I am rather pleased to hear you have a gash.

I really must get myself to one of these do's - I am missing out on so much fun !
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by krug
Hope your gash heals up swiftly................
I am pleased to report my cut(!) is recovering nicely, thank you. How's your orange glow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.