Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Very Mini "Between Christmas and New Year" FT Do: London 28h Dec

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very Mini "Between Christmas and New Year" FT Do: London 28h Dec

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2006, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A fun time was had by all.

And despite attempts to steal my passport, and soak my PYOBP in beer, I actually made it to LHR just in time for the last flight to AMS. Although the 5 beers did have me orientated and searching for the tube for a while at Livpl Street. I did find it eventually, and somehow made the 1840 HEX and made it to T4 in time. Just. And being the ONLY passsnger in CE, the most excellent CSD made sure I consumed 3 bottles of champagne on the 40 minute flight. And packed me off with another to take with me.

It was excellent to meet some of you again, and some of you for the first time. Fortunately I left early enough not to disgrace myself completely. Oh well, there's always a next time.

And how excellent to have 2 beautiful young ladies present.

I noticed at Schiphol the sign above the luggage carousels stating "Alle Bagage is Gelost". I think it means that all the luggage is unloaded, rather than all the luggage is lost, but may be BAA could adapt the signs to state "All Luggage is Lost".

Hope you all have a good night.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA
Just back home from a great night, good to see you all. Will post a little report tomorrow, but one shocker for the board....

According to his passport photo, Smirnoff is a ginger!

Night Night!

PS: Potential for the first BA FT romance.... More details to follow...
Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Hope you all have a good night.
What a smashing evening.. shame I missed the Smirnoff. Although glad you made it to AMS. So good to put some names to faces, and meet a few FT legends too. And many thanks to PhilH , our fantastic host - I may well be sold on the Retox do!
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:03 pm

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
slummy Croydon!!!
Easy!!!!
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
PS: Potential for the first BA FT romance.... More details to follow...
Oooh! Now I'm intrigued, not that I like a bit of gossip or anything
Old Dec 28, 2006, 7:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Poti

Well I had a great time and thanks for all those for the hospitality

Smirnoff you're a legend on this board ...

MCS? behave ... she only has eyes for you

And too all else that were present ... I didn't buy the Kristal

Duncan
Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Well I was late for my 6am start this morning. It was a great evening and throughly enjoyed myself and as always good to meet new faces!

I do apologise about Wagamama's however the platters went down quite easily with the bubbly!

Enjoy New Year's everybody.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:50 am

What a great evening, no doubt you lot carried on drinking in someone's hotel long after I left.

I have never contemplated the concept of trying to get a job, by getting the potential employer to buy us a bottle of champagne, but be very interested to see if it works.

Sunrisegirl, hope your leg is not too bad - I'd avoid Mayday and East Surrey at all costs, where does that leave you? Thank you for at least providing me with some temporary female support.

Smirnoff - what can I say, much, much better behaved then I would have believed possible. Although I suppose you aren't in a very good negotiating position when we've just nicked your BP and you've got to leave in 5 mins

Oh and finally....
MCS? There are lawyers on this board - be very very very afraid.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Witch
Oh and finally....
MCS? There are lawyers on this board - be very very very afraid.
Could I recommend some pepper spray next time. That should take care of him.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:56 am

Good idea Aren't you supposed to be in a very important meeting?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good idea Aren't you supposed to be in a very important meeting?
9am AMS time meeting already finished! Some of us have to get up early for work.

Have just arrived at Schithol.

ps - it was a somewhat important meetng, rather than very important (wouldn't want to exaggerate).
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:08 am

9am AMS time meeting already finished! Some of us have to get up early for work.

Have just arrived at Schithol.

ps - it was a somewhat important meetng, rather than very important (wouldn't want to exaggerate).
Some of us don't have the luxury of a job to get up for at present

But surely any meeting that you attend makes it super important, otherwise you could just send one of the minions! Or is it just an excuse to chase more miles?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But surely any meeting that you attend makes it super important, otherwise you could just send one of the minions! Or is it just an excuse to chase more miles?

No comment.

Off to board the 431. More champagne.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Well I sent news of being 'otherwise engaged' to flyclub and PhilH some random time last night and, sadly, I never made it in the end Sounds like it was fun from some of what I've pieced together from flyclub's SMS messages Glad a good time was had by all. I ended up on a rather expensive night out...for which I am now only paying the full price! My head hurts!

My friend and I consumed more wine than I previously thought possible...which was the reason I couldn't make it and ended up stumbling around Leicester Square doing God knows what and then 'walking' home for 'some fresh air' after seeing her on to a train at Charing X I think it's time she moved back here or I moved to SF, 'catching up' is too dangerous!

I am very glad I'm not really working today!

Now, I await the gossip with interest

PS A potential future Do venue - The Cork & Bottle, Leicester Square. Lovely wine bar with excellent food and wine
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:33 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
Or bromide

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.