Wiki Posts
Search

GB AIRWAYS: love or loathe?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2006, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
1am . Lost in Tenerife ??
Bloody cheek. It was actually the 6920 from RAK.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Bloody cheek. It was actually the 6920 from RAK.
You think that's bad! Come September, the late plane from RAK gets into LGW at 3.45am.

I was the victim of that schedule change recently, but have moved the flight onto the following morning flight to LHR.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Am off to GIB on Monday week - few hours business, but stuck in GIB till the 2015 return flight, if anyone else fancies a day out.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Am off to GIB on Monday week - few hours business, but stuck in GIB till the 2015 return flight, if anyone else fancies a day out.
Missed out on that by around 2 months and a week or so I'm afraid. You'll enjoy the landing and take off at GIB if you haven't done it before.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MEH
Too right..! The current MD clearly has no idea what he is doing to a once great airline, and has totally lost control of it. Morale is at an all time low, people are leaving in droves (even the most senior people that have been there for 15+ years) and that is not helped by him always telling us how badly we are performing at every occasion. Fingers crossed, when the new MD arrives later this year, he will really take control and turn it all around again, and fire everyone from the Commercial Department which do make some monumentally bad decisions at times.
this one post gives me huge hopes for the future! In my own personal dealings, I've come accross a hell of a lot of GB phone answerers who seem to provide a dictionary definition for "couldn't give a toss"... I am glad (although it's for bad reasons) that there are people still there who do care about what's going on within GB!

Incidently, on the "fire everyone in commercial" veign of thought.... there's a particular woman in GB customer relations who seems to act like she gets a ticket every day for parking her broomstick on double yellows... she could go too, if you ask me!
Old Mar 7, 2006, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyclub
Missed out on that by around 2 months and a week or so I'm afraid. You'll enjoy the landing and take off at GIB if you haven't done it before.
Many times. A bit of a GIB veteran. Twice ended up in Tangiers because of the fog. Only once got bitten by an ape.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 3:26 am
MEH

Programs: BD *G, LH FTL, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Just heard on the grape vine that the Commercial Director has also now resigned/been pushed, going in a month or two...

So within a year we will see a new MD, Commercial Director, and Finance Director.

Sinking ship, or are the 'family' getting rid of the dead wood at last?

Let's hope it is the latter!
Old Mar 9, 2006, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MEH
Just heard on the grape vine that the Commercial Director has also now resigned/been pushed, going in a month or two...

So within a year we will see a new MD, Commercial Director, and Finance Director.

Sinking ship, or are the 'family' getting rid of the dead wood at last?

Let's hope it is the latter!
Sounds like Walker Industries. But somehow Karen kept hold of her CEO job, didn't she?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.