Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complain or keep quiet?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
Sorry... I just found it, had not read it. And I am being terribly unproductive this evening.
Well I am feeling very pleased with myself. Finished the Xmas shopping for the people I don't really like at Argos tonight. And picking up the rest at Terminal Four tomorrow.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:40 pm

Oh dear, there was me thinking you might pick me up something sparkly from Elizabeth Duke.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by loobtastic
Oh dear, there was me thinking you might pick me up something sparkly from Elizabeth Duke.
Like this?
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...Bjewellery.htm

Lahvely.

I'm not sure what you wrap it around, but I'm sure it looks great on the right person.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 4:25 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon
To be fair though, they do seem to worry about warm nuts occasionally.
How did I miss this thread? - pure innuendo heaven ^ .

Reminds me of an encounter with an AC male FA a few months ago. In the J cabin AC serve a selection of nuts with pre-dinner drinks and I'm very partial to them heated. After one bowl I beckoned him over as he came down the aisle and before I could stop myself said.

"Those warm nuts of yours are delicious, can I have some more".

It was clearly a comment he "appreciated" (if you see what I mean) and I felt most uncomfortable for the rest of the flight as he just beamed suggestively at me at every opportunity . Still, the young lady in the adjacent seat enjoyed my embarrassment and chuckled at every subsequent encounter.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 4:28 pm

Oh Simon... it's beautiful. I'm yours forever. Or should that be 4eva?
Old Dec 22, 2005, 4:33 pm

BOH
My husband is the only one in our family that likes nuts (the ones that come from trees)

I was walking round Sainsburys the other day and I'd given the shopping list to my daughter to
A. Distract her from the toys/ sweets/ christmas stuff I was chucking in the trolley..and
B Get her to shut up/ stop moaning for 5 mins
When we got to the check out, she re read the list( she's only 4 and vvv gifted... beam!!!) and shouted on the top of her voice, "Mummmmeeeee, you've forgotten Daddy's nuts"
This of course caused much hilarity amongst the 17 yr old checkout assistants.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 4:41 pm
BOH

BOH
My husband is the only one in our family that likes nuts (the ones that come from trees)

I was walking round Sainsburys the other day and I'd given the shopping list to my daughter to
A. Distract her from the toys/ sweets/ christmas stuff I was chucking in the trolley..and
When we got to the check out, she re read the list( she's only 4 and vvv gifted... beam!!!) and shouted on the top of her voice, "Mummmmeeeee, you've forgotten Daddy's nuts"
Yeh, they are just great at that age. I have an 8 year old who a few years ago in the pub when Formula 1 was on the big screen one lunchtime started talking to the next table to us. She told them rather loudly that her daddy really liked "Grand Pricks".
Old Dec 22, 2005, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
BOH

I almost caused much embarassment at the age of 8 flying out of LAX during the Gulf War when security was rather heightened. We had stocked up on those Super Soaker water pistol things at a Toys R'Us somewhere in the northern suburbs of LA and had packed these things in or hand luggage. We passed through the security checkpoint without issue and just as I was leaving I managed to blurt, 'Daddy, they didn't see our guns'. My father still recalls the horror and was waiting for some big TSA guy to come and give us a throw-down...for some unknown reason this didn't happen.

God knows that would have happened if this was post 9/11
Old Dec 22, 2005, 5:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Call me a stick in the mud, but aren't you all bored about talking about erections and who saw it what and what you do if they say this and blah blah blah. It's like a bunch of schoolboys 'getting off' on such a naff subject matter and the innuendos compare with something outta Bless This House. Are you all really the same people I sit next to in a J cabin, no wonder I don't talk much when flying LH. Sorry it's boorriinnggg.

As to whether you should complain or not about a suggestive crew 'member' (yes innuendo... ). If whoever this happens to is offended because they felt unconfortable and also felt the crew were acting unprofessionally, then yes complain... get it over with and move on. If you felt you should complain because the crew member was the same sex as you then REALLY get over it.

Sorry, just seen this thread keep popping up to the top of the forum over and over again (yes I know I've just contributed to it also) but get a grip. OK I'm not devoid of humour, in fact I am amazingly popular and extremely funny all the time and everyone thinks I am just great but the bottom line is if you wanted to shag him then SHAG HIM, if you wanted to complain then complain., if you wanna share you thin crust pizza at a later date then take his number... but move on.

The guy was just gay, you know the thing where someone of one sex is born to be physically attracted to another person of the same sex.

It aint rocket science and this thread aint gonna win any Edinburgh festival award either.

Anyways... my mother in law is so fat...that this english guy, scottish guy and irish guy...

With love and merryment
Jim Davidson

Last edited by pachamama; Dec 22, 2005 at 5:54 pm
Old Dec 22, 2005, 5:58 pm

duplicate post

Last edited by pachamama; Dec 23, 2005 at 3:56 am
Old Dec 23, 2005, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pachamama
Call me a stick in the mud, but aren't you all bored about talking about erections and who saw it what and what you do if they say this and blah blah blah. It's like a bunch of schoolboys 'getting off' on such a naff subject matter and the innuendos compare with something outta Bless This House. Are you all really the same people I sit next to in a J cabin, no wonder I don't talk much when flying LH. Sorry it's boorriinnggg.

As to whether you should complain or not about a suggestive crew 'member' (yes innuendo... ). If whoever this happens to is offended because they felt unconfortable and also felt the crew were acting unprofessionally, then yes complain... get it over with and move on. If you felt you should complain because the crew member was the same sex as you then you REALLY get over it.

Sorry, just seen this thread keep popping up to the top of the forum over and over again (yes I know I've just contributed to it also) but get a grip. OK I'm not devoid of humour, in fact I am amazingly popular and extremely funny all the time and everyone thinks I am just great but the bottom line is if you wanted to shag him SHAG HIM, if you wanted to complain then complain.

The guy was just gay, you know the thing where someone of one sex is born to be physically attracted to another person of the same sex.

It aint rocket science and this thread aint gonna win any Edinburgh festival award either.

Anyways... my mother in law is so fat...that this english guy, scottish guy and irish guy...

With love and merryment
Jim Davidson
I think you'll find , along with serious discussion threads there are a number of lighthearted ones also, and people make an effort to have a laugh and joke.

Where's your christmas spirit?!
Old Dec 23, 2005, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by latitude
I think you'll find , along with serious discussion threads there are a number of lighthearted ones also, and people make an effort to have a laugh and joke.

In a half empty bottle

ps - disgusting thread, should be closed down
Old Dec 23, 2005, 3:46 am
BOH

Originally Posted by pachamama

Sorry, just seen this thread keep popping up to the top of the forum over and over again (yes I know I've just contributed to it also)
In fact you enjoy this thread so much you actually bumped it TWICE in consecutive posts. How ironic

Old Dec 23, 2005, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by latitude

Thanks for letting me know, I didn't realise.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOH
In fact you enjoy this thread so much you actually bumped it TWICE in consecutive posts. How ironic

THREE times now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.