Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complain or keep quiet?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2005, 5:55 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by dddc
How about frottage or something also starting with f and ending in ting??

Since this thread is having a rather gay turn, I though you might like the following :

A British Airway's passenger cabin was being served by an obviously gay flight attendant, who seemed to put everyone into a good mood as he served them food and drinks. As the plane prepared to descend, he came swishing down the aisle and announced to the passengers: "Captain Marvey has asked me to announce that he'll be landing the big scary plane shortly, lovely people, so if you could just put up your trays, that would be super." On his way back up the aisle, he noticed that a well-dressed rather exotic looking woman hadn't moved a muscle. "Perhaps you didn't hear me over those big brute engines." he said, "I asked you to raise your trazy-poo so the main man can pitty-pat us on the ground." She calmly turned her head and said, "In my country, I am called a Princess. I take orders from no one." To which the flight attendant replied, without missing a beat, "Well, sweet-cheeks, in my country I'm called a Queen, so I outrank you. Tray-up, b1tch!"

dddc,

That was very funny when it was first told about ten years ago. As memory serves it was American, Delta, United depending on who was telling the yarn.

Did someone say AAForum?

BOAC - yes Darling I am one of those who used to read PE and loved it. I think that of all the articles I loved was Wimmin where you were asked to send any looney feminist nonsense. I got 25 for one submission!
Old Dec 5, 2005, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
BOAC - yes Darling I am one of those who used to read PE and loved it. I think that of all the articles I loved was Wimmin where you were asked to send any looney feminist nonsense. I got 25 for one submission!
Used to read? May I ask whether you wrote in to cancel your subscription for some outrage, and if so what the outrage was?

A CSD once complimented me on Private Eye as my choice of reading matter while he was doing his cabin walkabout. I think it was just friendly banter - no dogging, frottaging, cottaging, rimming, swinging, cruising, petting or indeed flirting involved. And absolutely no stiffening. Although having read all this thread, I shall be keeping a closer watch next time
Old Dec 5, 2005, 7:13 am

Never had anything particularly flirty from cabin crew (probably because I take my contact lenses out, wear my glasses and my hair ends up sticking up after sleeping... ).

Did have a very suggestive comment from a luggage porter at the Hilton at Palm Springs a few years ago (husband had gone to park the car, so I think the porter thought I was an "unaccompanied female"...). Still, it was a completely "non-threatening" suggestion. I just smiled, thanked him, tipped him (for bringing the bags!) and said goodbye

Husband thought it was very amusing and quite clever - he thinks that the porter probably does it now and again and probably "gets lucky" now and again too...

Boo
Old Dec 5, 2005, 8:43 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Cargo Cult
Used to read? May I ask whether you wrote in to cancel your subscription for some outrage, and if so what the outrage was?

A CSD once complimented me on Private Eye as my choice of reading matter while he was doing his cabin walkabout. I think it was just friendly banter - no dogging, frottaging, cottaging, rimming, swinging, cruising, petting or indeed flirting involved. And absolutely no stiffening. Although having read all this thread, I shall be keeping a closer watch next time
Yes Used I am afraid. Peter Cook died, Ian Hislop left and it was never quite the same again. I still do read it if a copy comes to hand. There was a wonderful hatchet job done recently on the well of talent and artistry, Jordan.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Quite specific indeed!

And to the OP: You need to define what the "attention" was that you felt as uncomfortable. Was it a long look, excessive eye contact, a long smile, a "naughty" comment or perhaps something more...
Not being a regular in this forum and not always understanding British slang, I'm glad I read the entire thread first, because I thought the answer to this question was in the very first post....."pull a passenger."
Old Dec 5, 2005, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Hyatt gold
I now know what most of the gay crew on flights I have been on are always happy and smiling!

Great evening last night, will definately go again.

Changed my entire outlook! Life's too short
Old Dec 5, 2005, 10:44 am
27R

Programs: Programmes. Please!
Originally Posted by The Saint
Wot? No hairbrushing.
Wouldn't Pucci just have told him to pipe down?
Old Dec 22, 2005, 2:50 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Originally Posted by simon_n10
So, you sat there with a big stiffie, chatting to said member of crew until he got a stiffie? What exactly was the conversation about?
You assume it was big?
Old Dec 22, 2005, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Hyatt gold
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
You assume it was big?

damn......rumbled again!
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:15 pm

Confession time....
In my much younger... charter days (ugh!!!)
We used to play "morning horn bingo" We used to note the horns and whoever got the most positive sightings won!!!
ahem.... obviously that would never happen on the worlds favourite.... maybe...
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:16 pm

I've heard from some charter hosties that the new game is "burberry bingo" Doesn't sound half as much fun.... these young people really don't know how to enjoy themselves do they???
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
You assume it was big?
Is this one of those threads that just isn't going to go away ?
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by loobtastic
these young people really don't know how to enjoy themselves do they???
Yes I do! Just because I'm discrete on an airplane... should the need I arise I at least "get cold" and cover myself with a blanket. In Club when fully flat and on my back it could be more of a problem I imagine. Now I'm all self-conscious. What is "burberry bingo" though???
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by simon_n10
Is this one of those threads that just isn't going to go away ?
Sorry... I just found it, had not read it. And I am being terribly unproductive this evening.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:22 pm

You spot the chavs wearing (probably) fake burberry. Boooooring!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.