Search

Other special BA cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Other special BA cards

Can anyone tell me whether it was 101, or 1001, Corcorde Room Cards that BA issued to the ex-rocket frequent flyers as a 'Sorry we grounded it' token of goodwill?
Are there any other special non-BAEC cards or status cards that it is possible to get, other than Prem, or having to climb the thru Blue, Silver and the six sub-tiers of Gold? And if so, how?
I cant see any details on this in the BA guide - something for Dave_C to add maybe
Thanks all in advance
Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by DFB_london
Can anyone tell me whether it was 101, or 1001, Corcorde Room Cards that BA issued to the ex-rocket frequent flyers as a 'Sorry we grounded it' token of goodwill?
As one of 101 Dalmatians (as special svcs like to call us :-), I believe it was 101 Concorde Room access cards, originally issued in 2003. Handy little things to have...

Though I'm not sure all of the original were renewed, I have a feeling additional ones may have been issued in 2004.

Given there are so many knowledgeable FTVs on this site, can anyone confirm?
Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by NYLON Boy
As one of 101 Dalmatians (as special svcs like to call us :-), I believe it was 101 Concorde Room access cards, originally issued in 2003. Handy little things to have...

Though I'm not sure all of the original were renewed, I have a feeling additional ones may have been issued in 2004.

Given there are so many knowledgeable FTVs on this site, can anyone confirm?
Hmm very interesting - so few flew so fast so often
At least there's one more out there (plus another 99 - as Nina Hagen sang)

When u next doing NY-LON (albeit the extra 4 hours of BA 'service' - zzzz!)? See you at the CCR bar for a glass of the pink Alfred Gratien if we're ever on the same flight?

I'll fight you for 2K then - and watch the wannabes fight for the chance to hang the coats by sitting in 1AK
Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
News to me.....and likely to start a number of threads in the same vein that Premier cards have.

I presume it allows you access to Concorde Room on any ticket, any carrier

I'll add the first questions
-How much Concorde travel puts you in the top 101?
-What does the card look like? (pics?)
-Do you get a different designation on the boarding pass? instead of BA/GOLD is there something else?
-Any other decent benefits?

PS. Now I see the NYLON reference in the handle....there was me thinking it was preferred suit material

Last edited by fbgdavidson; Feb 27, 2005 at 4:07 pm
Old Feb 27, 2005, 4:22 pm
FF

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
I was in the Concorde Room a couple of weeks ago and someone from Special Services was chatting to a pax about his Corporate Card which got him access. Anyone know anything about it?
Old Feb 27, 2005, 4:51 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
I MUST HAVE STATUS!!! I AM NOTHING WITHOUT IT!!! FORGET MY DEGREES, MY MULTILINGUALISM, MY EXTENSIVE TRAVEL, MY FABULOUS GOOD LOOKS!!! JUST GIVE ME BLACK PLASTIC!!! OH WHAT A WORLD, WHAT A WORLD...

Sorry, my dramatic theatre friend looking on. This is new to me as well. It sounds like a very nice gesture: discrete, nostalgic, and having value, even if some denegrate the quality of the Room.

As a hypothetical situation, what about something like HON Circle? Since BA ostensibly do not give out Premier cards based on uber-major-ridiculous amount of ultra-premium above-full fare travel, maybe a card/level above Gold that may be somewhat equivalent to Premier but attainable?

Are there cards reserved for the various VIP suites I see signs for at Heathrow? Or is that only for the truly VIP?

Question: Why 101 or 1001? Is the number signifigant? Is it a secret code?

Last edited by SchmeckFlyer; Feb 27, 2005 at 4:54 pm
Old Feb 27, 2005, 4:56 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
I MUST HAVE STATUS!!! I AM NOTHING WITHOUT IT!!! FORGET MY DEGREES, MY MULTILINGUALISM, MY EXTENSIVE TRAVEL, MY FABULOUS GOOD LOOKS!!! JUST GIVE ME BLACK PLASTIC!!! OH WHAT A WORLD, WHAT A WORLD...

Sorry, my dramatic theatre friend looking on. This is new to me as well. It sounds like a very nice gesture: discrete, nostalgic, and having value, even if some denegrate the quality of the Room.

As a hypothetical situation, what about something like HON Circle? Since BA ostensibly do not give out Premier cards based on uber-major-ridiculous amount of ultra-premium above-full fare travel, maybe a card/level above Gold that may be somewhat equivalent to Premier but attainable?

Are there cards reserved for the various VIP suites I see signs for at Heathrow? Or is that only for the truly VIP?

Question: Why 101 or 1001? Is the number signifigant? Is it a secret code?
Some of what you say isn't quite true there..........but my lips are sealed.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 5:12 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Originally Posted by Brian_1
That's against the rules. You cannot say you know something and then refuse to spill the beans. It's plain rude. Either spill them or truly keep your lips sealed... NOW SPILL!!! (Or just PM me and it will be our little secret)
Old Feb 27, 2005, 5:20 pm

That's against the rules. You cannot say you know something and then refuse to spill the beans. It's plain rude. Either spill them or truly keep your lips sealed... NOW SPILL!!! (Or just PM me and it will be our little secret)
Ah I wish I could, but 8yrs of loyal service stops me from spilling beans..........I WAS BRAINWASHED I TELL YOU, BRAINWASHED!!!! lol

I do like the way you guys come up with some of your theories though.

Last edited by Brian_1; Feb 27, 2005 at 5:28 pm
Old Feb 28, 2005, 2:36 am
Suspended

Sorry to disappoint but.... it's not black, it's grey (as in Concorde grey). Or gray, if you are American.

Old Feb 28, 2005, 2:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brian_1
Don't know if this is what Brian_1 was referring to, but BA have six levels of Gold. I don't know what the thresholds are based on (assuming TP, but maybe revenue?). Don't even know if 1 or 6 is the highest. A few years ago, I was told by a CSM that I was at level 3, which was why he gave me an op/up (the flight was oversold).

Can any BA insiders shed light on how the 6 levels are computed, and what practical benefits they give?
Old Feb 28, 2005, 2:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
I presume it allows you access to Concorde Room on any ticket, any carrier.
Never tried the "any carrier" bit, but yes, that's exactly it. Always wanted to try it on a cheapo CDG ticket, but haven't yet had the chance...

-How much Concorde travel puts you in the top 101?
Can only speak for myself. Monthly return flight for a number of years, visiting the bf in London.

PS. Now I see the NYLON reference in the handle....there was me thinking it was preferred suit material
Lol.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 3:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Don't know if this is what Brian_1 was referring to, but BA have six levels of Gold. I don't know what the thresholds are based on (assuming TP, but maybe revenue?). Don't even know if 1 or 6 is the highest. A few years ago, I was told by a CSM that I was at level 3, which was why he gave me an op/up (the flight was oversold).

Can any BA insiders shed light on how the 6 levels are computed, and what practical benefits they give?
This may be clutching at straws, however in a certain Terraces lounge in the UK recently (not naming names), the computers had failed so passengers were asked to tick their names off the printed list of expected passengers themselves.

Being the keen well educated BA Forum FlyerTalker that I am, I couldn't believe my luck. However, I did notice that silver members didn't have any numbers by their name yet I seemed to have "U06" or something.

This would tally well with NYLON Boy's posting as I had only been GOLD around four months at that point so it would be logical to start off at the lowest (i.e: 6) and progress from there.

Any thoughts on this, maybe Brian_1 ?
Old Feb 28, 2005, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ooooo, this is really interesting. Someone going to tell? Please please please.....
Old Feb 28, 2005, 4:49 am

As far as 1 - 6 is concerned. A CSM shouldn't really be going about giving that sort of information to a passenger.......................tut tut tut tut tut.

There's different reasons why passengers fall into the scoring..............but I have said enough.

Shame on that CSM.

Last edited by Brian_1; Mar 2, 2005 at 10:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.