Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Other special BA cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:40 pm

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
VS vs BA

I would rather do NCW on my double overnight "day return" to Nigeria than the sloping wedge seat any night. Ah yes, I have to do this for the next couple of weeks. Ho hum PHC here we come.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by steadman
I don't want to rub Tits up the wrong way

Now thats a good 'un ^
Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:23 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by GregM
Not really worth queueing for at 1am on a Saturday morning though. Much better action just around the corner.
You mean it was even better than the *ahem* atmosphere at the recent all night bender in EDI.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:58 pm
dnw

The first NCW bed rolled out a little over 5 years ago rather than 7.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by AJLondon
You mean it was even better than the *ahem* atmosphere at the recent all night bender in EDI.
all night? AJ, what were you doing? I distinctly remember going to bed to sleep...
Old Mar 6, 2005, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
If someone moves to a different continent and the BA account is moved, does the account keep the same CCV?
Old Mar 7, 2005, 12:10 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
PS. I'm not cool enough to know what 'rejects from Balans' means....care to explain?
Think it has something to do with the twilight world (to quote God's policeman)

fbgdavidson: you weren't on BA18 on Saturday night were you? Someone sporting a BA Gold baggage tag with Davidson on it (might be coincidence).
Old Mar 7, 2005, 1:10 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Aussie

Originally Posted by bagold
If someone moves to a different continent and the BA account is moved, does the account keep the same CCV?
Not if they go to Australia as the account will be closed. You are not allowed a BA EC account if you are an Australian resident.

I wonder if they just shut it and take all the miles off you at that point or if they have an arrangement with QF for mileage transfer to a worse redemption programme that means you cannot MFU on BA having built up the miles specifically for that purpose.

Spotwelder
Your QF Plat Australian resident that flys on BA all the time.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 2:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
: fbgdavidson: you weren't on BA18 on Saturday night were you? Someone sporting a BA Gold baggage tag with Davidson on it (might be coincidence).
I'm sure Fraser will love you for saying that! It'll make his day! ^

Unfortunately, I have it on good authority he his Silver, however, usually the Concorde tags give it away if it's Fraser.....
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by GregM
Hmmm! Two things going for Balans
First: Great location, on Old Compton Street W1
Second: Late licence
Not really worth queueing for at 1am on a Saturday morning though. Much better action just around the corner.
Hmm so much is 'just around the corner' - whatever/whoever your taste. Agreed we like Balans - when trolleyed, who cares about the food. Bubbly hid behind the counter (for their 'dry' two hours), chips/mayo and good company = 5am bliss )

What I meant about the VS club house is that its full of pseudo-media types from Nothing Hill prentending that (1) they 're the dolce vita jet set (not in Walthamstow market 'Burberry', darling!); (2) Virgin have n't hear dof bottled water - 'we've got Chateaux Slough, sir'; (3) the av VS pax just MUST tell everyone 'I'm in the Clubhouse, blah blah'; plus (4) 'But dont you know who I am?' - of course I can bring my 30 co-workers in here even if they booked Y with lastchance.com for 80p return - 'I live next to Richard, you know'; and, (5) Mix in a smattering of LAX passengers on day release from the Priory, and thats the club house.

Oh, who described BA as Oxbridge chic? Agreed BA must have the same caterers as most Oxbridge colleges use for their JCRs, but thats where that anology ends..
Old Mar 7, 2005, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
fbgdavidson: you weren't on BA18 on Saturday night were you? Someone sporting a BA Gold baggage tag with Davidson on it (might be coincidence).
Afraid not Although I feel like I have just come a flight from Australia!

Unfortunately, I have it on good authority he his Silver, however, usually the Concorde tags give it away if it's Fraser.....
How do you know it wasn't Fraserski
Old Mar 7, 2005, 9:33 am
dnw

Originally Posted by DFB_london
Agreed BA must have the same caterers as most Oxbridge colleges use for their JCRs, but thats where that anology ends..
^
Old Dec 31, 2005, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA
Concorde Room Pass

This card is valid in the Concorde Rooms at LHR T4 & JFK only. Use of the Molton Brown Travel Spa, pre-flight dining ex-LHR, Pre-flight Dinig and Pre-flight supper ex-USA is as per cabin entitlement
No guests allowed, no access to First LHR T4 / JFK , Terraces / Exec Club Lounge or Arrivals Lounge.

The card has the same layout as any BA EC card, but where the usual ones say 'Executive Club' it says 'Concorde' and where the BA EC number is below your name there are the words 'Concorde Room Access'. Card is silver, darker than Exec Club Silver though....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.