Search

Other special BA cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Brian_1
During my time at BA, I found the company very fair and structured as far as looking after passengers was concerned.

Sometimes a little knowledge can be dangerous.

..Which seems like a perfect way of getting back to my original question guys!
Which is - how many Rocket room cards did BA hand out, and are there any other such card types (beyond EC b/s/g or prem?)? Can anyone here really answer that?

I cant as I'm avoiding BA for a couple of months (unitl they work out what 'schedule' means) so I've no one at BA to ask.(I'm on VS - and the AVOD equiped UC suites knock spots of CW, even if the Heathrow Clubhouse does look like its accepted the rejects from the saturday 1am queue for Balans Soho)

I'm not interested in who gets upgraded or how, BTW!!! Been there, done all that (incl Y to F is one easy smile)
Old Mar 4, 2005, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Terminalator
What does CCV mean? ('Scuse my ignorance)
Have a look at post #29.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by DFB_london
..and the AVOD equiped UC suites knock spots of CW, )

I sort of hate to admit it - but I agree. I flew VS last Wednesday in the suite for the first time and it shows up a lot of the CW shortcomings.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 9:12 am

Programs: FD PE / BA SILV
posted wrong thread

Last edited by gla-lax; Mar 6, 2005 at 9:19 am Reason: posted wrong thread
Old Mar 6, 2005, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, British Airways ID, Lloyds TSB Visa Debit Card
Originally Posted by steadman
I flew VS last Wednesday in the suite for the first time and it shows up a lot of the CW shortcomings.
What? That it's over seven years old and hasn't had those years with which to copy from it's competitor's product and take advantage of the latest technological advancements? Yeah, you're right!!
Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DFB_london
..Which seems like a perfect way of getting back to my original question guys!
Which is - how many Rocket room cards did BA hand out, and are there any other such card types (beyond EC b/s/g or prem?)? Can anyone here really answer that?

I cant as I'm avoiding BA for a couple of months (unitl they work out what 'schedule' means) so I've no one at BA to ask.(I'm on VS - and the AVOD equiped UC suites knock spots of CW, even if the Heathrow Clubhouse does look like its accepted the rejects from the saturday 1am queue for Balans Soho)

I'm not interested in who gets upgraded or how, BTW!!! Been there, done all that (incl Y to F is one easy smile)
I agree that the UCS is alot better than CW in every way! I 'invest' in BA Miles because 1. Easy to gain (via promos) 2. BA have more destinations! If I had the cash, I'd fly UCS not CW

p.s: I don't think many here will understand the "rejects from Balans"... I do, great way to put it! I've only been in Gatwick VS Lounge... and the menu there was miles ahead of Gatwick's Terraces (which is comfortable, but lacks food/drink compared to VS Gatwick Lounge)
Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
firstclasslad, looks like you might need to change your handle.....but if you think UCS is so good then why bother with BA at all. If miles on Biman Bangladesh were easy to attain I don't think I'd bother flying with them

Anyways VS and BA are two different products. VS goes for funky, cool people whereas BA is a bit more traditonal. You wouldn't see urinals in the shape of a womans mouth in JFK CCR!

PS. I'm not cool enough to know what 'rejects from Balans' means....care to explain?
Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:51 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
PS. I'm not cool enough to know what 'rejects from Balans' means....care to explain?
I'm in the same un-cool boat as you Fraser. Appreciate the quality company. ^

But surely there is someone on the BA board who is 'in the know' and who will explain to the rest of us uninformed souls just what firstclasslad is going on about...
Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
AJ, thanks for the company, I doff my metaphorial cap at your presence!

Maybe my experience of rejection isn't up to that of UpperClasslad to be able to understand
Old Mar 6, 2005, 12:32 pm

Extrapolating from the reference of the VS Clubhouse at LHR, I would hazard a guess that Balans is a "beautiful people only" type of bar in Soho

Last edited by stargold; Mar 6, 2005 at 1:51 pm
Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Hi
Sorry orginal message posted in wrong thread.

regards
RadioMan
Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Tits McGhee
What? That it's over seven years old and hasn't had those years with which to copy from it's competitor's product and take advantage of the latest technological advancements? Yeah, you're right!!
Hmmm ... getting a bit sensitive?

So far as I know, Virgin Atlantic has NEVER put biz seats 8-across.

Seven years now, is it, that I've found NCW uncommonly uncomfortable? And 8-across in a 777 or 747 is a disgrace, now as it was seven years ago.

Is there something wrong with me if I find Virgin biz seats more comfortable than BA? (Answer: no.)

Last edited by Roger; Mar 6, 2005 at 1:05 pm Reason: clarity
Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Wot is it with the -lad suffix? I mean, you start a trend and.....

With regards to UCS, the notion of "Oxbridge Cool" is becoming more and more popular these days....UCS may be full of wannabee chavs in their Von Dutch caps, but BA remains an aspirational brand for the cash-rich, time-poor, well educated people of distinction.

Just ask Tyler.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Tits McGhee

I don't want to rub Tits up the wrong way - but then perhaps seven years in the history of business travel is a little too long between rethinks?
Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:31 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Hmmm! Two things going for Balans
First: Great location, on Old Compton Street W1
Second: Late licence

Not really worth queueing for at 1am on a Saturday morning though. Much better action just around the corner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.