Wiki Posts
Search

Other special BA cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2005, 5:01 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
Old Feb 28, 2005, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by NYLON Boy
Don't know if this is what Brian_1 was referring to, but BA have six levels of Gold. I don't know what the thresholds are based on (assuming TP, but maybe revenue?). Don't even know if 1 or 6 is the highest. A few years ago, I was told by a CSM that I was at level 3, which was why he gave me an op/up (the flight was oversold).

Can any BA insiders shed light on how the 6 levels are computed, and what practical benefits they give?
Try searching Gold or Gold scoring. There are quite a few old threads on this topic which were quite informative.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 7:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by The Disco Volante
Try searching Gold or Gold scoring. There are quite a few old threads on this topic which were quite informative.
Hmmm. Nothing that usefully up-to-date that I could find. Perhaps you'd care to remind us all about this?

More to the point, what other cards are there to be had...?
Old Feb 28, 2005, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
I thought Golds were scored on a scale 1-99 with a score of 100 being a Prem?
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:08 am

Programs: Executive Club :-)
Levels were replaced by your CCV. Some time ago I might add. CCV is 1-99 with 100 being prem. Do a search for CCV and "pond life" if my memory serves.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, more importantly, who can we bribe with a smile (or aomething else) to reveal the score - either 1-6 or 1-99? Do tell.....
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
simon_n10, it is supposed to be kept confidential although if you follow Maws advice you should find a thread that says the lounge guards have the info on the screen....I seem to remember the CCR being specifically mentioned although don't see why they would have it and F lounge wouldn't.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by PhilH
I thought Golds were scored on a scale 1-99 with a score of 100 being a Prem?
Yes this is called CCV.

Last edited by Brian_1; Mar 2, 2005 at 11:41 am
Old Mar 1, 2005, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
simon_n10, it is supposed to be kept confidential although if you follow Maws advice you should find a thread that says the lounge guards have the info on the screen....I seem to remember the CCR being specifically mentioned although don't see why they would have it and F lounge wouldn't.
Just be aware that it goes up and down. You're not fixed at a level.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
Just curious as to how BA assesses the time scale; that is, if you've gor 1500 tier points at the end of your membership year, then that's nothing special. If however, you've notched up say 1300 points in the first 3 months of the year, then that is more significant.

Last edited by chippy63; Mar 1, 2005 at 5:04 am
Old Mar 1, 2005, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone else think that all this sounds a bit ridiculous?

I mean, 100 levels of gold? FFS, even 6 levels is way too much!
"OK who am I going to u/g to CE today...I've got a Gold-32 that's been waitlisted...but hang on! There's a Gold-37 who is booked but hasn't checked in yet. And another Gold-46.29, who is seated at the exit row and I am not sure whether he'll be happy to move. Sod it, I'll upgrade an AY general member instead!"
Old Mar 1, 2005, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by graraps
"OK who am I going to u/g to CE today...I've got a Gold-32 that's been waitlisted...but hang on! There's a Gold-37 who is booked but hasn't checked in yet. And another Gold-46.29, who is seated at the exit row and I am not sure whether he'll be happy to move. Sod it, I'll upgrade an AY general member instead!"
However, from a computing point of view, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar actually happens "behind the scenes" 24 hours or so before the flight.

Alternatively, it may be a first come first served scenairo in terms of who checked in first, for example:

1. Mr Brown 23J
2. Mr Evans 32A *EMERALD/GOLD EXECUTUVE CLUB* 04U
3. Mr Smith 23B *SAPPHIRE/SILVER EXECUTIVE CLUB*
4. and so on.........

In this case passenger 2 would be upgraded if they were looking for people to upgrade, for example.

Or am I living in a fantasy world people?
Old Mar 1, 2005, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by graraps
Put like that yes, it does seem a little hard to believe. I expect there is some kind of scoring system, but it'll be simple and automated, probably based on revenue or flights per Q.

Maybe the BA folks on here are just stringing us along with this scoring for their own amusement
Old Mar 1, 2005, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Brian_1
Yes this is called CCV. (Consumer Corporate Value)
Well if it is recorded on a computer system - which it clearly is - and it is personal data relating to the passenger - which it clearly is - then you can find out about it by making a Data Protection subject acess request. Any codes used must be explained when the data is provided to the data subject.

Form an orderly queue
Old Mar 1, 2005, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I wouldn't say there are 100 levels of Gold, just a scoring system...is that the same thing???

Although with Gold being relatively easy to get if you travel on business frequently there has to be some way of differentiating the 1500pt earners from 10,000 pt earners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.