Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Status Match Offer for US/Canada Residents

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Status Match Offer for US/Canada Residents

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2024, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by T-15.01
I've had a reply from the Executive Club customer service team that my flights, assuming they get flown as ticketed, would qualify. On paper, there seems that there could be some provision for BA to refute the match extension, as I seemingly do not comply, but, I have it in writing that they'll honor it, so I'm good with that! All I'd suggest is before you all go flying, make sure you have some good confidence yours will be honored too. It'd be pretty unfortunate to book the flights, travel, and then learn after the fact some technicality restricts you being able to enjoy the status match ongoing!
What about your itin/ticket gave you cause for concern that it might not be honored, and to seek confirmation? Did you use any discounts?
Old May 2, 2024, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by SFO_Flyr
What about your itin/ticket gave you cause for concern that it might not be honored, and to seek confirmation? Did you use any discounts?
given the confusing page, offer, reward and T&Cs, my routing could have legitimately been denied by them (based on the T&Cs) so I wanted to be ahead of that. Initially on the phone they said good to go. I wrote them, they said no. I pushed back, they checked and then confirmed it was good for certain. I don't mind the back and forth. It's worth it. Advice to all is to do the same to cover yourselves.
Old May 2, 2024, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA CK (8MM), Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I've had a reply from the Executive Club customer service team that my flights, assuming they get flown as ticketed, would qualify. On paper, there seems that there could be some provision for BA to refute the match extension, as I seemingly do not comply, but, I have it in writing that they'll honor it, so I'm good with that! All I'd suggest is before you all go flying, make sure you have some good confidence yours will be honored too. It'd be pretty unfortunate to book the flights, travel, and then learn after the fact some technicality restricts you being able to enjoy the status match ongoing!

At what email address did you contact them?
GoBirds likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 7:31 pm

Login and go to help/contacts and then choose Executive Club and there's a webform.

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/askbainter/public/en_us

Or if you need to find out sooner, do the web chat. Takes a little while to get someone, but then it's live. I called in first and got the answer I wanted to get but knowing if in 5 months I fly and they reneg, telling them I called in will be as good as useless.
Old May 3, 2024, 10:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by izzik
If you are using BA status to access lounges, they just need to get your BAEC #... either via swiping the card or looking at the phone. I know the app shows a bar code but I don't know if that's actually useful.
Note: there are a few reports of Alaska Airlines lounge agents not accepting this method of using one account for lounge access but crediting to another account.
The majority of Oneworld lounges don't have this hangup so .. YMMV.
Old May 3, 2024, 12:21 pm

Note: there are a few reports of Alaska Airlines lounge agents not accepting this method of using one account for lounge access but crediting to another account.
The majority of Oneworld lounges don't have this hangup so .. YMMV.
if it's an issue just use the same account for lounge access and miles credit and then once in the lounge call or text to change it. Bit of a pain but still doable.

The issue is the lounge agent has to let you in if you present status affixed to the ticket you're on. Sure, some will make an allowance but this is all back office charge based. Enter an AS lounge as a BA elite and BA pay AS. Once you're in though, that part of the process is done. Then you can switch the alliance on the ticket to accrue as you wish.

And lastly if that's not possible change it after the flight. Have BA as the example deduct the credit and then add it to wherever you wanted it to go.

I've found *A much more flexible on status vs. accrual on the same ticket.
seanp7 likes this.
Old May 4, 2024, 9:00 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I don't think the Android app has a similar feature to show image of UA card.
Yes it does. Android app here and took a screen shot of mine and sent to BA, got a reply back in 2 days upgrading me to silver status.

Now I'm trying to figure out what constitutes a qualifying flight for the extension as they are pretty vague about that. I found a nice fare BOS-LHR, but it says 'DISCOUNTED' which sounds like a good excuse for BA to say... nah nah nah... Sorry.
Old May 4, 2024, 9:41 am
Original Member

I am not convinced that published fares issued by travel agents are excluded. It refers to industry and travel agent industry discounts - which to me sounds like agent fares that only travel agents themselves can use for their personal travel.
ryanbriar and Quail like this.
Old May 4, 2024, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP DL Plat BA Gold
A singular data point on becoming gold via this match...

I submitted the request on May 1st. I just today (May 4th, 09:20 MST) received a response indicating that I'm now BA gold.
Old May 4, 2024, 11:16 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by leroy11
I am not convinced that published fares issued by travel agents are excluded. It refers to industry and travel agent industry discounts - which to me sounds like agent fares that only travel agents themselves can use for their personal travel.
Agree. If I end up doing this (status going out to 3/31/26 is key to hedge against CK for only one year), Ill likely book thru Amex / Chase (which is based on Expedia) to use points and try to line up with the EDI meet-up. Taking the wait-and-see approach on this one.
Old May 4, 2024, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Agree. If I end up doing this (status going out to 3/31/26 is key to hedge against CK for only one year), Ill likely book thru Amex / Chase (which is based on Expedia) to use points and try to line up with the EDI meet-up. Taking the wait-and-see approach on this one.
This (hedge against losing CK) was my thought exactly. BA TWTR tells me that completing the challenge will result in an expiration date in 01/2025 and if that is true, theres no value. Hopefully someone will complete the challenge RT and share their new expiry date.
Old May 4, 2024, 4:22 pm

I sent a a query to YouFirst and they said with a qualifying flight, my expiry would be 01/2026. Going to take the extra flights on 08/2016. Fingers crossed.
ryanbriar and HaleiwaFlyer like this.
Old May 4, 2024, 5:06 pm

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
I've booked a flight, and have sent the info in to the Executive Club desk so I get an actual confirmation before I fly, that it complies. I don't want to be the test dummy that does it all and finds out it missed a step or two! If there's an issue now, at least I can resolve it before I depart!
Where did you find an email for them? I can only find a phone number and physical address. The person I talked to in the phone said transatlantic portion could be taken on partners (Finnair or Iberia) so I booked LAX to MXP on BA and ARN to LAX on Finnair with them at that time. The terms seem a bit vague whether the long haul need to be in Club Suites/First or if partner business counts as well. I’d love to have something in writing.

edit: just realized it was earlier in the thread. I’ll let everyone know when I hear back for my specific situation.

Last edited by therossinator; May 4, 2024 at 5:12 pm
Old May 5, 2024, 10:26 am

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
Login and go to help/contacts and then choose Executive Club and there's a webform.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_us

Or if you need to find out sooner, do the web chat. Takes a little while to get someone, but then it's live. I called in first and got the answer I wanted to get but knowing if in 5 months I fly and they reneg, telling them I called in will be as good as useless.
The link (as well as getting to it through BA.coms menus) leads me to a blank page. Thought it was a browser issue but neither chrome nor safari showed and content in the body of the webpage. I used chat instead and after an hour of going back and forth was able to confirm that LAX-LHR-MXP all on BA and ARN-HEL-LAX all on AY, booked on a BA ticket, would qualify me to retain gold status. I saved my chat transcript and will see what happens after my flights in August.
private_md likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by private_md
I sent a a query to YouFirst and they said with a qualifying flight, my expiry would be 01/2026. Going to take the extra flights on 08/2016. Fingers crossed.
I am confused by all of the dates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.