Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Status Match Offer for US/Canada Residents

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Status Match Offer for US/Canada Residents

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2024, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA CK (8MM), Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I am confused by all of the dates
Did the match to BA Gold. If completing the challenge extended me only to 01/2025, theres no value as I have CK thru 04/2025. With the hope (and apparent confirmation) that it will be thru 01/2026, its worth the RT flight to keep Gold as insurance in case I dont get CK again.

Old May 5, 2024, 12:36 pm

Programs: Frequent AA Flyer
Originally Posted by therossinator
The link (as well as getting to it through BA.coms menus) leads me to a blank page. Thought it was a browser issue but neither chrome nor safari showed and content in the body of the webpage. I used chat instead and after an hour of going back and forth was able to confirm that LAX-LHR-MXP all on BA and ARN-HEL-LAX all on AY, booked on a BA ticket, would qualify me to retain gold status. I saved my chat transcript and will see what happens after my flights in August.
How do get a real person to chat with? When I try, it seems that all I get is the chat bot.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:38 pm

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
Originally Posted by GoBirds
How do get a real person to chat with? When I try, it seems that all I get is the chat bot.
You gotta sweet talk the chat bot into connecting you to an agent. Make it feel stupid so it has to go ask for help. Or just ask it nicely to connect you to an agent.
GoBirds likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I am confused by all of the dates
haha, we all are. Until someone completes the flight and has their status extended, we're not really going to have any true data point. And I don't see information coming before the May 7 registration deadline, for those who may be sitting on the fence.
Old May 5, 2024, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by therossinator
You gotta sweet talk the chat bot into connecting you to an agent. Make it feel stupid so it has to go ask for help. Or just ask it nicely to connect you to an agent.
agent. Agent.

Wait 3 minutes.

And then 'talk to an agent'. Then itll connect. Took me about 30 mins.
HaleiwaFlyer and GoBirds like this.
Old May 5, 2024, 3:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Has everyone found that once you receive the "thank you for contacting BA" email, the application is registered and not lost (as seems to have happened to a few folks who then had to re-submit the application)?
Old May 5, 2024, 4:11 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Has everyone found that once you receive the "thank you for contacting BA" email, the application is registered and not lost (as seems to have happened to a few folks who then had to re-submit the application)?
Yes, since the email has a tracking number; you can always call BA and talk with an agent to make sure the program match is still in queue and not lost. It took mine about 5 days to approve.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 6:16 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have others completed their qualifying trips yet? Have your flights posted? Impact on the Earning Date and Status Expiration Date?

Im returning to SAN on a RT all BA 4 segment trip via LHR to Spain and will have some data points to post soon?

Is BAEC always this slow to post flights? Is it the Bank Holiday today? Im not complaining as I realize everything will post properly eventually. I want to set my expectations about how long it takes for BA metal flights to post.

Last edited by HNL; May 6, 2024 at 6:33 am Reason: typo
Old May 6, 2024, 6:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
ba flights tend to post around 3/4 days after the flight.
Markie and HNL like this.
Old May 6, 2024, 3:04 pm

Updated Terms:
I noticed today that the definitions for Qualifying Flights now state:To qualify, these flights must:
There is no longer any language regarding discounts or vouchers, which seems to suggest bookings made using AARP and or Chase BA 10% off would qualify, since they would otherwise be eligible for Avios and TIer Points.

Thoughts?
Old May 6, 2024, 4:33 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by SFO_Flyr
Updated Terms:
I noticed today that the definitions for Qualifying Flights now state:To qualify, these flights must:There is no longer any language regarding discounts or vouchers, which seems to suggest bookings made using AARP and or Chase BA 10% off would qualify, since they would otherwise be eligible for Avios and TIer Points.

Thoughts?
Section 17 is still there...
17. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or deal, including but not limited to: (i) redemption bookings; (ii) travel agent or industry discounted fares (including agency, industry, employee discounts), inclusive holidays, group discount fares, child/infant fares or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in one of the qualifying classes; and (iii) bookings made with vouchers.

Ron.
Old May 6, 2024, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Incredible that they updated the language but couldn't be bothered to clarify whether an RT to LON counts, and instead just restated the same ambiguous phrasing on that point.
seanp7 likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 5:16 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Incredible that they updated the language but couldn't be bothered to clarify whether an RT to LON counts, and instead just restated the same ambiguous phrasing on that point.
Not really ambiguous. The sentence states you have to fly into the UK, AND then another flight onwards to an European destination to count. BA uses AND, rather than OR.

A round trip to LHR by itself doesnt satisfy the criteria.
Old May 6, 2024, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA CK (8MM), Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
Not really ambiguous. The sentence states you have to fly into the UK, AND then another flight onwards to an European destination to count. BA uses AND, rather than OR.

A round trip to LHR by itself doesnt satisfy the criteria.
I sent my JFK-LHR-DFW itinerary to BA, and they confirmed that it would satisfy the challenge and extend my BA Gold to early 2026. I think the wording should be "or," but at least I've gotten confirmation. I will have a low threshold to add a quick EU turn if they don't confirm again that it is not necessary; I asked again this evening.
Old May 6, 2024, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer

A round trip to LHR by itself doesn’t satisfy the criteria.
In addition to the confirmations from BA agents of eligibility for UK as a destination, this language would seem to me a very strange way to phrase an exclusion of RTs to the UK; why not simply say "fly to continental Europe" if that were the case, particularly given the other JV partners - how would one even satisfy the "UK and onwards..." part of that sentence on AY or IB for example, if we take a pure literal reading; surely it can't mean e.g., NYC-MAD-LHR-[other continental destination]. Plus, as mentioned earlier in the thread, why would VS status be eligible for a match if a continental connection is required? I certainly take your point and can see the case for your reading, but IMHO the language around this issue does at least seem ambiguous to me.
seanp7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.