Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold for Life - Is this a record?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:14 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
When I used to fly in J a lot - back in the 90s, from LHR and BRU, once I had achieved Gold, I used to turn my attention to other airlines. So I never stacked up the credits for GFL. I don't think it existed then. Also, BA's records were not that good - they still do not show my one Concorde trip!
So a happy and humble Blue for life here!!
Nimrod1965 and Midships like this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:16 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Other airlines did more to "treat" their regulars back then. Interesting outings from the likes of SQ were more than BA used to offer!
Midships likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
When I used to fly in J a lot - back in the 90s, from LHR and BRU, once I had achieved Gold, I used to turn my attention to other airlines. So I never stacked up the credits for GFL. I don't think it existed then. Also, BA's records were not that good - they still do not show my one Concorde trip!
Seriously, if you still have your Concorde boarding pass (of course you do!) or some other way of identifying your any previous Exec Club account(s), you can get them to add the points from that old account. Way back when, I had an earlier Exec Club account (“the burner”) and there was no problem amalgamating the spoils.
Ancient Observer and Midships like this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Originally Posted by BA or bust
OK, so how different are they?
You might find this interesting:

Lifetime status by airline -- attempted summary
Bluekjp likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
I started travelling for work in 2009ish. I shoudl hit GfL within the next 3-4 years. I have 7500 TPs to go and on avergae I'm hitting 2000TP a year. Bloody COVID years!
Midships and Bluekjp like this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
You're right it didn't exist then.

I suspect they were thinking about it, I recall being in the First lounge in T4, (the one Concorde used to leave from), in about '97 / '98 and there were some opinion poll folk going around and one of the questions was would you prefer a perk to be gold for life after a certain period, or access to our lounges if flying on another airline? I think I went for the latter, a lot of BA lounges around the world in those days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.