Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR - DOH Business rtn sub £1000 May 2024 - an error or a bargain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR - DOH Business rtn sub £1000 May 2024 - an error or a bargain

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:28 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
I didn't book one solely because I have no desire to visit DOH even at those reduced prices.
Not for five days, no. But for 560TP...
ratechaser and crazy8534 like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by oceanscape
I guess nobody knows if it was an error or not. But anyone know likelihood of BA honouring if it was? I assume if we are ticketed and have not heard anything by now it's fine?
I didn't buy it but I wouldn't have been concerned it was a clear mistake if I had- £1k for a trip to DOH just wasn't that appealing tbh!
Any time BA have cancelled tickets sold by mistake it has usually been within 24hrs, I am not sure I can remember the last example, perhaps the "Bratwurst" fare of 2016?!
Certainly for Viking they emailed us all within 24h to tell us how naughty we had been but that they still loved us.

Anyway, one thing's for sure and that is they don't make interns like they used to!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Howard Long
Not for five days, no. But for 560TP...
This! I was a gnat's nadger away from figuring out how to make it work for our group holiday this year - with an onward flight to DXB/AUH/SHJ, that would have been instant silver for everyone traveling...
Howard Long likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Have booked flights for the first week in August ( 72 hour hold)
Had been planning on Dubai for a week ( not doing a lot but relaxing by the pool ) as my three recent trips to Japan have been wonderful but a lot of walking . Have not been to Qatar before ( just Doha airport pre covid enroute to SIN)
Planning on a 2 hotel break
ie Hilton Doha
Waldorf Astoria Doha Lusail

The Museum of Islamic art is on my to do list there

Regards

TBS
I went to the museum in December. It’s really fascinating inside and even outside structurally, be sure to go to the viewing deck for a great city view
Swanhunter and oceanscape like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by DXB2745
I went to the museum in December. It’s really fascinating inside and even outside structurally, be sure to go to the viewing deck for a great city view
hi,

Unfortunately, I had it on hold and when I went in to try to book the screen whirred and went nowhere ( had held it for £10 days) .
Will try dubai/auh or see if DOH becomes back at a cheaper fare

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.