Wiki Posts
Search

Champagne in F [and CCR], end of LPGS?!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2024, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Champagne in F [and CCR], end of LPGS?!

Anyone seen the online media today about new F champagnes on a rotational basis in cabin and CCR?
anniegray likes this.

Last edited by golfmad; Feb 3, 2024 at 10:42 am Reason: Reduced image for readability
Old Feb 1, 2024, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
Anyone seen the online media today about new F champagnes on a rotational basis in cabin and CCR?
The Champagne region must have expanded vastly to now count as "from across the Globe"

Last edited by golfmad; Feb 3, 2024 at 10:43 am Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of image which is just above.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 10:37 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
Great idea as long as the rest of the rotation is similar quality to LGD. Well done BA for once.

Originally Posted by revorgap
The Champagne region must have expanded vastly to now count as "from across the Globe"
If 95% of "Club World" flights are to the US, why not...
Old Feb 1, 2024, 10:50 am

Champagne on-board in F, end of LPGS?!

Noticed on the BA Instagram page that they have announced that:

We are introducing a new selection of award-winning champagne from across the globe for our customers travelling in First
​​​​​​​The champagnes have been carefully selected and will be available on a rotational basis on board and in the Concorde Room
​​​​​​​Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 2015 will be available March 1 on routes to and from New York (JFK)
I have never tried La Grande Dame but was looking forward to LPGS on an upcoming F flight in March.
Wonder whether this is a replacement for LPGS or will be served in addition?
Sealink likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 10:51 am

The post in question
Old Feb 1, 2024, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Keep it simple.

Only one premier cuvee per flight.

ps cuvee Winston Churchill is my favourite.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver
Champagnes from around the globe? Surely not! I hope they all come from a small region of France.

(Although some good English sparkling wine is also welcome)
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:10 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
If La Grande Dame is replacing LPGS, I’d say it was a reasonable like for like swap, personal tastes aside.
seanp7, VSLover, SFO777 and 8 others like this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:15 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I assume this means the Veuve Clicquot exclusivity deal with Emirates is now over? Or maybe that was just for the standard "Yellow Label"?

Last edited by Prospero; Feb 1, 2024 at 1:03 pm Reason: Adjust text colour for dark mode readers
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:18 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Farringdon
Champagnes from around the globe? Surely not! I hope they all come from a small region of France.

(Although some good English sparkling wine is also welcome)
It's only Espionnage if it comes from the Espionage region of France. Otherwise it's just sparkling treason.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
I was tempted to write a comment about BA enhancing it away once he had just been recognised :
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
Interesting news about LPLGS:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2oZAA0r...Q1NzJvZWpyZXN0

Grand Cuvée n.26 is N1 wine of the year 2023 for James Suckling
Original post: 72

Personally I would welcome an upgrade to Krug or dare I said it, Cristal but cannot actually see this happening
vulle, crazy8534 and SxMan like this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Well Mrs. Firstlight is disappointed that she only has one more lpgs lubricated ccr visit but I suspect the amount being consumed by ba ggls was more than was being produced!

First world problems but I hope it's just a typo about champagnes 'from around the world' and we won't be fobbed off with some iberian prosecco
Football Fan likes this.

Last edited by firstlight; Feb 1, 2024 at 11:53 am
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Let us all hope that it is not a similar "rotation" to that adopted in the Chelsea Lounge.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Gold
A rotating selection of premium Champagne in BA's top lounge. Now where have I seen that idea executed really well recently...
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:37 am

From Feb 2nd Pommery Cuvee Louise 2006 will be available in the CCR.
From March, we will be serving carefully selected champagnes throughout the year, beginning with Lanson NOBLE Brut Vintage 2005. On the JFK route, we will serve Veuve Cliquot La Grande Dame.
LPGS has been a customer favourite for many years, but is no longer available as they focus on other markets away from travel. We will be monitoring customer feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.