Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA wet-leases Danish Air Transport (DAT) aircraft for Summer ‘24; rebooking policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA wet-leases Danish Air Transport (DAT) aircraft for Summer ‘24; rebooking policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:27 pm

Thanks for checking - really helpful and appreciated. If you do find a policy about DAT, please let me know!
Old Apr 4, 2024, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've got a flight in September that after checking is now showing as operated by DAT - specifically on the tired looking A321. Joy. I also had the weird seat map moving in row 1 kicking us out of 1A / 1C into 1C / 1D. It's the first rotation with the second about 1h30 after it so whilst I'd like to keep the first flight for timings, I'll likely see if BA will change it for the second.

How set in stone is the timetable for the wet lease seeing as this is 5 months in advance, would hate to change it and find out later the original flight goes back to BA, or similar the flight I move changes to DAT!
Old Apr 4, 2024, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Originally Posted by BehindTheRadar
How set in stone is the timetable for the wet lease seeing as this is 5 months in advance, would hate to change it and find out later the original flight goes back to BA, or similar the flight I move changes to DAT!
The short answer is that it isn’t. It may change again. The timetable is how BA presently intends to deploy the wetlease. However, you can change your flight now to avoid DAT and, if it turns up again, change again in the future. You don’t mention the route. If the flight is time critical, you might want to hedge a little and wait and see how things turn out closer to departure.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 3:08 am

Does anyone know how long RUY is staying with BA for?
Old Apr 5, 2024, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Both aircraft are leased all summer, no plans to change frames unless on an unscheduled basis.

Rgds
D1L
andymartin1968 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
BA using Danish Air Transport

I was checking my flights from GLA-LHR-AGP in September and October and noticed that BA now have the AGP-LHR using Danish Air Transport. Does anyone know what this airline is like. Reviews do not look good.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 4:34 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
It's a wet lease, so you get the same product as you'd get on mainline BA.

No airline in the world has good customer reviews
Old Apr 5, 2024, 4:46 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
You will be fine - they do wetleases for a number of airlines
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for the heads up, just spotted that my flight to CFU has been switched to Dat, and had the random seat move from 1DF to 1CD, all with no notification. I'll be interested to see if anyone manages to do a switch to a flight that's earlier/later in the day than one that's either side of the original time.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by cosmo74
Thanks for the heads up, just spotted that my flight to CFU has been switched to Dat, and had the random seat move from 1DF to 1CD, all with no notification. I'll be interested to see if anyone manages to do a switch to a flight that's earlier/later in the day than one that's either side of the original time.
FWIW, I managed to switch to a flight to a different (nearby) destination, but that was only because there were no other BA flights on the route, and it took a fair bit of convincing with a helpful agent. I wouldn't necessarily expect to get the same result if calling up again.
Bluekjp likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 5:25 pm
formerly Christopher Sutton

Programs: BA Silver
I had a LHR to ATH with partner in July along with my parents on a separate booking, Was offered a switch to any BA flight of the day FOC. We had been moved from 1A as part of the Dat change to 2C & D so moving to 9A & C on the earlier flight was the total price paid.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 6:00 pm

Programs: TG G & BA G
Riga to lhr

Originally Posted by SOFarrell
I tried to rebook onto Air Baltic and even though it was a codeshare, BA wouldn't let me. Finnair via HEL was offered.
I wasn’t able to change a flight from Riga to London to Air Baltic nor Finnair. The agent said it must be on British airways operated flights.

Refunds not allowed and origin and dest change is not permitted neither. Maybe I got called at wrong time! I will try again.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 5:24 am

A321 OY–RUU is currently tech in PMO with a No.2 engine defect.

Not the best start, less than a week into the wet lease!
😂
Old Apr 6, 2024, 5:29 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by TCX69
A321 OY–RUU is currently tech in PMO with a No.2 engine defect.

Not the best start, less than a week into the wet lease!
😂
Really? You couldn't make this stuff up!
SurreyFlightPath likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Really? You couldn't make this stuff up!
yes seems it’s stuck in Palermo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.