Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA wet-leases Danish Air Transport (DAT) aircraft for Summer ‘24; rebooking policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA wet-leases Danish Air Transport (DAT) aircraft for Summer ‘24; rebooking policy

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2024, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
You are airborne, estimated arrival 13:09, against a schedule of 13:15.

You are doing better than my delayed boarding onto a ba short haul yesterday
ended up arriving late - which made for a bit of a frantic transfer at Heathrow - headed straight to the gate and just made last call with what should have been a 1:40 layover… anyways, can happen with anything

for what it’s worth the service on the flight itself was very good, though looking backwards through the back of the plane, it seemed to have taken them quite some time to complete service all the way back…

here’s a glance at the plane in all her unadorned glory!

The most boring plane in the world…
Old May 6, 2024, 4:08 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by VSLover
didnt know where i was this morning but you are correct this was friday, landed about 90mins late.
That was me sat behind you and yeah the crew were nice, they did come back with a drink and just said here are some spares you can enjoy so you don't have to ask us again. You were right the plane was a little bit tired inside and the flight landed well over an hour late, but no big deal to me.

Old May 6, 2024, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
OY-RUU outbound on 4th LHR-PMO, and return 5th PMO-LHR. Almost the same crew on both, seat 1D on both.

Arriving at PMO

Boarding at PMO

Fixed partitions half way down the business cabin

No wi-fi and no power on this A321. Seat 1D reached end of life long ago, lumpy and uncomfortable. I did briefly enjoy 1A whilst boarding the return, that felt a lot better.

Crew were OK but very glad I was in row 1. They hand delivered food from the galley and on the return with 13 rows an unhappy camper from the rear of the cabin appeared up front to complain at the time taken which was a fair complaint to be honest, well over an hour in and they’d yet to get even a drink.

Lots more pictures and commentary in the trip report down in my sig if interested
SKT-DK, KARFA, Tocsin and 1 others like this.
Old May 6, 2024, 6:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by superbobx2
The most boring plane in the world…
Fixed that for you.

Bet the breakfast bacon and pastries are better too.

Old May 9, 2024, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
FYI-

Another DAT A320 has joined BA's wet lease - OY-JRS

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/oy-jrs
Old May 13, 2024, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I have a BA/DAT flight booked from Malaga to LHR and am unable to select. Special meal on line despite being a club customer.
BA inform be I must contact DAT and DAT says it is BA who must oblige.
crazy.
MikeW924 likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Alhaurin
I have a BA/DAT flight booked from Malaga to LHR and am unable to select. Special meal on line despite being a club customer.
BA inform be I must contact DAT and DAT says it is BA who must oblige.
crazy.
as this is a ba flight, ba catered, dat is correct, you need to contact ba. Dont mention it is a dat flight,

Last edited by scottishpoet; May 18, 2024 at 5:44 am
Old May 18, 2024, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Apologies if I have missed it in the welter of previous posts, but is there any update on whether a specific policy was published for the DAT flights and, if not, how BA are applying the general published policy (e.g. are they insisting that flights be moved to the nearest alternative, or being more flexible on same day timings) ?
Old May 19, 2024, 9:00 am

I’ve just looked at my flight from AGP to LHR (DAT flight) to see what seats are still left. Nothing in Club Europe apparently.

Do I need to worry or does it just mean there is no choice left and I’ve already been allocated one?
Old May 19, 2024, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Varig_dc10
I’ve just looked at my flight from AGP to LHR (DAT flight) to see what seats are still left. Nothing in Club Europe apparently.

Do I need to worry or does it just mean there is no choice left and I’ve already been allocated one?
Can you share your flight number and date?

I suspect somevseats will be blocked rather than occupiec

You are better using expert flyer than the ba seat map as ef shows what is blocked and what is occupied. Ba seat map just shows them all as unavailable.

A free Ef account allows 5 free seat map searches per day
Old May 19, 2024, 9:28 am

Hi,

BA413 on 1st June.

Thanks for the tip about Expert Flyer.
Old May 19, 2024, 9:36 am

Lots of occupied seats

4 blocked in the last row
Old May 19, 2024, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Lots of occupied seats

4 blocked in the last row
Thanks, that’s good. Me and my wife might get sat together.
Old May 19, 2024, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Apologies if I have missed it in the welter of previous posts, but is there any update on whether a specific policy was published for the DAT flights and, if not, how BA are applying the general published policy (e.g. are they insisting that flights be moved to the nearest alternative, or being more flexible on same day timings) ?
I was able to move from the fourth flight of the day to first.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old May 23, 2024, 11:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Plain White Livery at T5B

Saw this plane at T5B this morning - plain white. Couldn’t make out its registration as my phone camera is a potato.

Is this a BA lease or…?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.