Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's your short haul champagne record?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2024, 4:43 pm

I am taking this thread as a challenge and will be consuming as much as possible on my next NCL-LHR run in a few weeks.

NB I do aim to arrive to YVR in one piece however…
BA or bust, Mks6 and FenwayTim like this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 4:51 pm

You cannot beat my record, which is a solid zero.
higham44, wrp96, Lefly and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 5:10 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Whats my record...?

Every bottle both big and small on a PMI-LGW flight - I mean, that heat in Palma does give one quite the thirst
BA or bust likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chriswiles
In the days where I used to drink, I once had at least 6 small bottles on a flight back in 1A* from ARN. It was in those strange brown-seated 'suites' they used from Dubai and this was on a flight back from Stockholm. Such a surreal flight. Seat was bizarre. Very wide. Anyway, one crew kept slipping me bottles through the curtain. In the end I had to say 'o more' as it was such an incredible amount on a relatively short flight.

*1A. Thinking about it, I think those suites were 1 per row as my business partner was on the other side and I'm sure I had no-one sitting next to me! Must have been around 2016. Old plane BA had bought from another company. What happened to those planes?
Sounds like one of the mid-haul configured A321s they inherited as a result of taking over BMI.

I believe some were eventually reconfigured, all now retired,
DeathSlam and chriswiles like this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 7:08 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Usually two glasses unless it is afternoon tea as the meal, then one glass and a cuppa (band 1), usually add one more bevvie when band 2 of course.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Doesn’t quite count as short haul but Air France La Premiere CDG-MEX. I was the only pax in cabin and had 5 of the 6 bottles of champagne onboard
Howard Long, T8191, Mks6 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Airborne Brat
Doesn’t quite count as short haul but Air France La Premiere CDG-MEX. I was the only pax in cabin and had 5 of the 6 bottles of champagne onboard
dream scenario.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:16 pm

LHR-BLL always a fun one. Think we managed 5 each once and was told “I’d be sozzled” by FA, and we of course giggled at the word sozzled. As we were, in fact, sozzled.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Four mini bottles, equal to one full size bottle ITM to HND. It is a GC map distance of an entire 251 miles, making LHR AMS only 20 miles shorter. I thought that was a decent effort. In Europe it would be a full size bottle (AF) or 4 minis (SK in the good old days) CDG to CPH.
Howard Long likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Most of the time I can barely finish one of the mini bottles...
(When I actually ask for champagne... but, in any case, it's the same for the wine)
Old Feb 25, 2024, 11:40 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Lefly
Most of the time I can barely finish one of the mini bottles...
(When I actually ask for champagne... but, in any case, it's the same for the wine)
I am sure one of the more heavyweight drinkers on here can write you a personal development plan to address that little problem.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Airborne Brat
In AF F they would have proper bottles not the mini ones served on BA short haul. So you probably drank 5 glasses. And the glass is a small one so it probably amounts to just over half a bottle! And maybe after the second glass they were giving you the non- alcoholic version?
Old Feb 25, 2024, 11:51 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Greenpen
In AF F they would have proper bottles not the mini ones served on BA short haul. So you probably drank 5 glasses. And the glass is a small one so it probably amounts to just over half a bottle! And maybe after the second glass they were giving you the non- alcoholic version?
Ooooh! Harsh! But hilarious!
Old Feb 25, 2024, 11:56 pm

I’d imagine the recent CPH pax would be in the running for this one
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:06 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by chriswiles
*1A. Thinking about it, I think those suites were 1 per row as my business partner was on the other side and I'm sure I had no-one sitting next to me! Must have been around 2016. Old plane BA had bought from another company. What happened to those planes?
Originally Posted by kdhurst380
Sounds like one of the mid-haul configured A321s they inherited as a result of taking over BMI.
Yes, I flew in one of these to Cairo. It felt like first class but from the 1970s
They were in 1-2 configuration across the cabin. I used to call them the Jimmy Saville seats, but had to change that later...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.