Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Honours Diamond
Deleted - Duplicate
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:32 am

Flying from AMS via LHR in CW (Business) is about 6000 GBP for 2

Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Does it vary airline to airline what they up/down grade to when Premium Economy doesn't exist?

I'm flying Qantas Premium Economy to New Zealand via Australia, but the leg to New Zealand is in Business as they don't have a Premium Economy on those flights.

Does BA/AA always go down, rather than up?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:38 am

It can be up or down as sometimes lowest business class segment fare can be cheaper than premium economy
Old Jan 2, 2024, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
When I use the BA website and go to manage my flight and enter my flight locator number it tells me my fliight number , World Traveler Plus Confirmed and the type of aircraft . It also tells me the seat number and I can locate it the WT+ cabin. The is no mention of the flight class by letter.. I suggest you do the same and go to the website and find out where you are sitting. On BA internation WT+ is a dedicated cabin.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Coffeemadman
Does it vary airline to airline what they up/down grade to when Premium Economy doesn't exist?

I'm flying Qantas Premium Economy to New Zealand via Australia, but the leg to New Zealand is in Business as they don't have a Premium Economy on those flights.

Does BA/AA always go down, rather than up?
No, I think a W class Premium Economy ticket with a domestic connection books in to Club Europe. There will be other examples too, but this is the first that came to mind.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 5:00 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
The one hop WT+ fares have been tricky recently; partly BA's IT and I think partly due to AA fine-tuning their release of fare buckets. I've taken to finding my itinerary and price and fare buckets on ITA matrix and then take my chances with ba.com or aa.com. As long as I can match the price I can be pretty sure I have my travel classes and fare buckets and fare code.
The transatlantic leg in Premium Economy will combine with Economy on the domestic (often K, sometimes B).
Old Jan 3, 2024, 12:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Kay_Baden
It can be up or down as sometimes lowest business class segment fare can be cheaper than premium economy
Thats not how it works, a fare is end to end but certain booking classes (in this case W, E or T) can book into Y (generally B or K) or J (not sure which class) when PE seats are not flown on a given sector.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by etiene
Thats not how it works, a fare is end to end but certain booking classes (in this case W, E or T) can book into Y (generally B or K) or J (not sure which class) when PE seats are not flown on a given sector.
I think T on the long haul books into B (economy) on the short haul whilst W books into R (business) on the short haul.
etiene likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:34 am

I have seen this issue crop up on the BA app with QR codeshare flights. App says the class is Premium Economy (despite QR not having WT+) and gives you a high Economy fare code. Ive never gone through to booking so cannot confirm the outcome but its certainly a confusing and misleading glitch.

On work travel agents - so many glitches - we use SAP and our policy is business if over 6 hours and that applies to all flights but often the system puts us into a Y fare class for the shorter legs. While overridden when we phone, still shows as a policy violation. The joys of work systems - but at least I do get to travel and the policy is generally fairly generous.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Always Somewhere Else
I think T on the long haul books into B (economy) on the short haul whilst W books into R (business) on the short haul.
I think T goes to B on AA connections but only something like K on BA. IIRC there was a period when E also went up into a business bucket but that's now no longer, and R sounds plausible for W.
Cymro likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.