Search

Truly the worst worst airline

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2023, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Truly the worst worst airline

cancelled morning flight from TFS
people downgraded left right and centre
People being paid upgraded then informed no meals loaded for theme…
ran out of beer
ran out of meals
over an hour of waiting with no info at heathrow
ground staff with faces like slapped a*ses
no information riven at any stage either when flight was cancelled, or in airport
tired kids and crying parents

BA literally don’t care anymore, sorry state of a company. Only worth the free flights these days!
Carfield, rum, simoflyer and 7 others like this.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 5:18 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
If only you had a choice who to fly with …
Old Sep 9, 2023, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by barsht
BA literally don’t care anymore, sorry state of a company. Only worth the free flights these days!
I've flown over 20 times this year already and cannot agree with any of those statements. Not had any real issues at all. Minor issues, like you'd expect when you fly so much, but nothing major.

Just because, sadly, a single person has an issue, it doesn't warrant "worst airline". I had a conversation with a couple of German people in LA yesterday and they told me of all their hassles coming in with Lufthansa including losing their luggage and so on. They deemed Lufthansa the "worst airline" too.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 6:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
If only you had a choice who to fly with …
Who else flies LHR-TFS?
Or LHR-MAD? Or LHR-DUB?
Or ABZ/GLA/EDI/NCL/INV/JER?
No one to keep them honest or competitive out of London's main airport.

IAG really did manage to turn the competition clock back decades 👏
Tim_T, Buster, tom tulpe and 21 others like this.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 6:48 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
They were a bit .... today.

I was on the TFS flight too. Second flight I’ve had cancelled with BA this year (8 flown). At least I got a seat (in economy) on the later plane. They could have given lounge access. Unfortunately though they did manage to get me home not long before midnight, they then took 90 minutes to deliver the luggage from the plane to the carousel.

I still rate them above Ryanair though.
ttama and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 7:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
A faulty generalisation but it's good to moan. Get it all out.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Leeward90
A faulty generalisation but it's good to moan. Get it all out.
Indeed. Nowt wrong with joining Flyertalk to post a negative experience. It's those who continually post nothing but negative BA experiences I have my doubts about.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 8:28 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Indeed. Nowt wrong with joining Flyertalk to post a negative experience. It's those who continually post nothing but negative BA experiences I have my doubts about.
At least we have enough people to post nothing but the positive ones so it evens out…
Old Sep 9, 2023, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Nothing wrong with venting. Flying these days are not special any more.

Unfortunately, I fly way too much (at least 200,000 miles a year), and I have seen a lot good and a lot of bad with airlines. At the end of day, as long as they can get me to the destination in reasonably time manner, I am satisfied. I have come to peace with the delays and cancellation, which fortunately, don't happen a lot. I know it can be frustrating, but take it all in strides. Life's not meant to perfect.

Take it easy and have a good day.

Last edited by Repooc17; Sep 9, 2023 at 9:11 pm
Old Sep 9, 2023, 9:12 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by dmahon
I still rate them above Ryanair though.
Why? It's a serious question. Even here, people have said that FR more often does what they promise than BA does.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 9:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Nothing wrong with venting. Flying these days are not special any more.

Unfortunately, I fly way too much (at least 200,000 miles a year), and I have seen a lot good and a lot of bad with airlines. At the end of day, as long as they can get me to the destination in reasonably time manner, I am satisfied. I have come to peace with the delays and cancellation, which fortunately, don't happen a lot. I know it can be frustrating, but take it all in strides. Life's not meant to perfect.

Take it easy and have a good day.
Yeah, I do agree that most of us who fly frequently will often have the odd occasion when things aren't quite to the book.

but... a whole thread for one complaint? I love this forum, and this sub-forum in particular, but can we put a rule out to stop these single issue protests? Surely there is a master thread to vent in for that?
ExAbz and DXB2745 like this.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 10:37 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD, AS,AA,HILTON,IHG
I was in First on AA some months ago and the FA brought me a croissant but no serviette.
Shocking but I soldiered on.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Jagboi
Why? It's a serious question. Even here, people have said that FR more often does what they promise than BA does.
I don’t like what Ryanair promise though. At least with BA I have a vague hope that I might enjoy my flight, even though when things go perfectly, flying is not what it once was.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 11:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
ran out of beer
ran out of meals
no information riven at any stage either when flight was cancelled, or in airport

welcome to FT barsht, I am sorry it is this kind of experience which brings you here.

doesn’t sound like a pleasant flight unfortunately. Certainly some of those things are worth complaining about.

its a shame some of the regulars have just piled in with their usual predictable comments.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 12:08 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
ran out of beer
ran out of meals

I'm sorry you appear to have had a bad experience. You seem to be asserting that passengers were downgraded and then BA was charging people to pay for upgrades. That seems unusual. You also said that the flight was cancelled from TFS, but you were stuck waiting at Heathrow for more information. Were you meeting a loved one? Were you connecting at Heathrow and had a second flight cancelled?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure which airlines are immune to tired kids and crying parents, ground staff with faces not to your liking, or the possibility of cancellations? You will find people equally as upset with every airline in the world if you go to their various forums here. The LCC culture that's swept through airlines has come with the benefit of cheaper fares at the expense of better service, especially when things go wrong. You can imagine this wouldn't be better on Easyjet, Ryanair, Tui, etc.

I will note that I've generally had very pleasant BA experiences this year with excellent staff, both on the ground and in the air.
RJD1983 and orlando seeker like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.