Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Economy Fare Class B?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Premium Economy Fare Class B?

Following flight being booked but shows as class B all the searches I have domes suggests this is Economy but clearly shows as Prem Econ, can class B be either Econ or Prem Econ?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On BA, B is a very expensive economy fare.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
On BA, B is a very expensive economy fare.
so why does App state Premium Economy and that was what was selected?

surely they can’t sell as Premium Economy at Premium Economy prices then sit you in Economy, isn’t that misselling?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA's app isn't exactly a paragon of reliability....
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Honours Diamond
The wording also says selling class and not selling cabin.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Ok sounds like from the replies this is an economy booking yet I selected premium economy/world traveller plus before that page so can some one explain who one would book a Prem Econ flight on this route and what I have done wrong to end up with economy ticket?

Its obviously clear to others this is economy so some help on how to book correctly would be appreciated as sounds like needs cancelling and rebooking onto correct fare but I’m not clear how to do this?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Here are screenshots of booking, so why have I ended up with B if Economy when clearly selecting Prem Econ/WTP?

Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Have you actually completed the booking yet or still searching?

The app often shows a W return fare with a Y connection as fare class T for both outbound flights and then fare class B for both returns. When this happens I book via ba.com to ensure it books correctly.
littlefish likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:01 am
Original Poster

I now see it says cabin refers to NYC to Lon so accept the 1st leg is Econ but surely 2nd leg is selected as WTP so why a B Economy fare?

I need enlightening on BAs booking process as it seems very confusing!
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Gold
If you've booked already when you open up seat selection in MMB what cabin is that showing you? If you haven't booked then try searching for the flights on BA.com rather than the app as that will get you to the seat selection page without having to complete the booking.

AA Trans Con's don't have a PE cabin yet. It's First, Business and Economy until the new fleet arrives later this year. I'm therefore not surprised to see a long haul PE ticket book into B class economy on the domestic leg where PE doesn't exist (though it would normally be marked up as Economy B in the page view you posted). The JFK-LHR flight I would however expect to be booking into a PE fare class (E,T or W) rather than B.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by pjex
I now see it says cabin refers to NYC to Lon so accept the 1st leg is Econ but surely 2nd leg is selected as WTP so why a B Economy fare?

I need enlightening on BAs booking process as it seems very confusing!
The app struggles with multi sector bookings. Your return set of flights looks like SFO-JFK in B and JFK-LHR in E so you should be fine, just clunky tech.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Quick update, I was checking app but my company books via agent confirmation now through and B is just first leg, JFK/LHR is showing as E assume that is WTP?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by pjex
Quick update, I was checking app but my company books via agent confirmation now through and B is just first leg, JFK/LHR is showing as E assume that is WTP?
Yes.
Cymro and orbitmic like this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:13 am

WTP Selling classes are W E T
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:27 am

I did a dummy booking for same dates on BA App … im seeing direct flights in Premium Economy Cabin (Selling Classes W E)

Maybe your TA is trying to reduce the price? BTW what price is TA offering?

On BA App for 2 in Premium Economy Cabin is showing as

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.