Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2024, 3:39 pm

Can someone help me see if this is correct because it doesn't look it.
​​​​​​Originally booked a bah. lgw - paphos - lgw in encomy with a hotel for 5 nights. For the return flight we upgraded with cash at the airport to business.

This is how my tier points and avios show:

The first flight looks fine with 20 tier points in economy along with the avios. It's the return avios and tier points that's confusing me. The avios doesn't look correct and not sure why the tier points show as 80 when I'd expect 40. Altogether with 1 economy and 1 business I'd expect 60 tier points and in a couple of weeks they'd get doubled to 120 in total. I'd also expect the return flight to award more than 1k avios.

​​​
Old May 17, 2024, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
PFO-LGW in CE is 80 tier points, not 40.
chuci likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by chuci
​​​​​​Originally booked a bah. lgw - paphos - lgw in encomy with a hotel for 5 nights. For the return flight we upgraded with cash at the airport to business.

The first flight looks fine with 20 tier points in economy along with the avios. It's the return avios and tier points that's confusing me. The avios doesn't look correct and not sure why the tier points show as 80 when I'd expect 40. Altogether with 1 economy and 1 business I'd expect 60 tier points and in a couple of weeks they'd get doubled to 120 in total. I'd also expect the return flight to award more than 1k avios.

​​​
The TPs are correct. Paphos is a short haul plus route which earns 80 TP in Club Europe.
chuci likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL

​​​
It sounds like things have definitely gone wrong there. Like all Greek airports, Paphos is a so-called "short haul plus" route for BA, so you earn 80 Tier Points rather than 40 if you're in business (this is why SH+ routes are so popular for TP runs!).

So the award of 80 Tier Points is correct. What's wrong is that, since this is a BA Holidays booking, as a minimum you should have been awarded the distance-based Avios that are applicable to the economy fare code you were originally booked under (e.g. V). In other words, 1144 unless you were booked under a Q, O or G code.

I'm not sure how airport upgrades are handled with respect to BA Holidays bookings. It's possible that you do only earn revenue-based Avios on the cost of the upgrade (i.e. as a Bronze member, 7 Avios per spent, or 8 per ). But I'd have thought the correct outcome is that you should earn the full distance-based Avios for the class you upgrade into, i.e. 3433 in this case.

I'd raise a case with BA Holidays - you could call them or send an email to customer [dot] relations [at] holidays.ba.com

In my experience the responses to post-travel issues aren't as quick as pre-travel queries, but you do hear back within a couple of weeks.
chuci likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 1:15 am

Amazing, thanks all! Looks like after the double points roll in, as well as the amex tier point offer (I've just hit 15k spend), I'll be silver for the first time!
Sods law that my missus just found out she's pregnant and also has been advised not to fly due to previous complications. Looks like I may be grounded for a while

Due in Jan 25 and tier point collection ends in Oct so I'll have this status till at least October 2025. Wonder when the best time to ask ba for a baby pause is to maximise my status

Last edited by chuci; May 18, 2024 at 1:29 am
Old May 18, 2024, 3:13 am
formerly JackDann

I assume BAH is limited to BA Codeshares, do these always appear in the search?

Im looking at flight to HKT but only options that BAH give are with QR, where as my preferred would be Cathay or FinnAir
Old May 18, 2024, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Mr_Toad
Apologies if this has been covered before, I'm just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation?

I recently returned from a holiday booked through BA Holidays. Return flights LHR - MIA plus car for a week. I've received Avios & double TPs (40 in total) for the outbound flight (BA209) & additional Avios for the hire car. My original return flight was on BA but this was cancelled months ago. BAH rebooked me onto BA1529, the 1915 from MIA on AA metal but with a BA flight number. We arrived back at LHR 9 days ago, but haven't had any Avios/TPs (should be 90 & 90 TPs each) for the return leg. Outbound was in Economy, return was Premium Economy. There were 2 of us on the booking, my son is in my HHA & has only received Avios/TPs for the outbound as well.

I know it can take longer for AA miles/TPs to post, is this likely to resolve itself or should I be chasing it up by now?
Sorry for bumping my own post.

I'm still missing all the Avios & TPs for my return flight (90 & 90 TPs) on 2 April. I've had the TPs & Avios for the outbound flight & the car hire. I waited 2 weeks before raising a claim. 4 weeks after that I had an email saying they will be in touch soon. So it's over 6 weeks since the flight & over 4 weeks since I raised the claim & it's still not sorted. Any advice about how to get this sped up would be gratefully received.

It really shouldn't be this difficult...
Old May 18, 2024, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Amazing, thanks all! Looks like after the double points roll in, as well as the amex tier point offer (I've just hit 15k spend), I'll be silver for the first time!
Sods law that my missus just found out she's pregnant and also has been advised not to fly due to previous complications. Looks like I may be grounded for a while

Due in Jan 25 and tier point collection ends in Oct so I'll have this status till at least October 2025. Wonder when the best time to ask ba for a baby pause is to maximise my status
Congratulations. You can get your status frozen for a year for paternity and enrol junior in BAEC as well. Check out the thread here on whens best to invoke that year to maximise it.
Old May 18, 2024, 3:26 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by JD1905

I’m looking at flight to HKT but only options that BAH give are with QR, where as my preferred would be Cathay or FinnAir
BAH is not always limited to BA codeshares; we've had a BAH where Garuda was used for one leg due to our destination, and in some cases QR flights also don't have BA codeshare equivalents. We're currently waiting for some missing double tier points as a BA codeshare flight to HKT on a recent trip was converted into a QR flight with no codeshare. I've got good confidence we'll get the missing 140 TPs because we have the original purchase receipt, but it might take a little time.

Last edited by firstlight; May 18, 2024 at 3:41 am
Old May 18, 2024, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by JD1905

Im looking at flight to HKT but only options that BAH give are with QR, where as my preferred would be Cathay or FinnAir
BAHs can incorporate essentially anything that you could book through the "regular" BA site.

But you will only earn double TPs on flights that you are booked on under a BA codeshare. Any flights you're booked on under a non-BA flight number, you won't get double TPs for.

Originally Posted by Mr_Toad
Sorry for bumping my own post.

I'm still missing all the Avios & TPs for my return flight (90 & 90 TPs) on 2 April. I've had the TPs & Avios for the outbound flight & the car hire. I waited 2 weeks before raising a claim. 4 weeks after that I had an email saying they will be in touch soon. So it's over 6 weeks since the flight & over 4 weeks since I raised the claim & it's still not sorted. Any advice about how to get this sped up would be gratefully received.

It really shouldn't be this difficult...
That's really poor but sadly my experience of BAH post-trip is that they aren't particularly quick to respond. You could consider contacting BAH on the social media email in the wiki at the top of this thread.

I would also be raising a complaint about the delay if I were you - that starts the clock ticking so that you can ultimately take the matter to CEDR once 8 weeks have elapsed.
JD1905 likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by flarmip
BAHs can incorporate essentially anything that you could book through the "regular" BA site.

But you will only earn double TPs on flights that you are booked on under a BA codeshare. Any flights you're booked on under a non-BA flight number, you won't get double TPs for.

That's really poor but sadly my experience of BAH post-trip is that they aren't particularly quick to respond. You could consider contacting BAH on the social media email in the wiki at the top of this thread.

I would also be raising a complaint about the delay if I were you - that starts the clock ticking so that you can ultimately take the matter to CEDR once 8 weeks have elapsed.
Thanks, appreciate the reply. I'll give that a try.
Old May 20, 2024, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Has anyone booked a flight with car hire in UAE? Looking to fly into AUH now flights are back and are cheaper than DXB but wanted to make sure you can travel to other emirates with the car. Sometimes they can be funny there with hire cars.
Old May 20, 2024, 11:08 pm
formerly onlynik

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold elite, *A Silver, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bogglesuk
Has anyone booked a flight with car hire in UAE? Looking to fly into AUH now flights are back and are cheaper than DXB but wanted to make sure you can travel to other emirates with the car. Sometimes they can be funny there with hire cars.
I've not done this through BAH, but I hired a car from Avis in April in Dubai and drove it to Abu Dhabi. They inquired whether I planned to visit Abu Dhabi and advised me to adhere to the speed limit (actually 10 kph below the limit), as the speed cameras are calibrated to enforce it strictly. A very long straight boring drive.
Old May 21, 2024, 12:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Any thoughts on TPs (and avios) on cancelled/rebooked flights involving codeshare/non BA- metal flights?
Old May 21, 2024, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by CKBA
Any thoughts on TPs (and avios) on cancelled/rebooked flights involving codeshare/non BA- metal flights?
If the cancellation is within ~24 hours of departure, you'd be entitled to claim "Original Routing Credit" (ORC) so as to get the Avios & TPs you'd have earned if not for the disruption - see this thread for details. You could even double-dip if the airline you're rebooked onto has their own frequent flyer scheme!

You should also be able to retro-claim double TPs on the basis of ORC TPs (if they don't post automatically). I've been successful in that in the past.
DaveS and DeathSlam like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.