Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Cw novice
In my experience if you're doing an open jaw or a multi city the writing doesn't show. However I have always received the double tier points.
If I book 23rd to 29th I do see the red text.

Also, I've just called BA Holidays and agent on the phone said I need 5 x 24hr car hire periods to qualify for the Double Tier Points. So a sub 120hr car hire won't qualify? Confusing!
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:02 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by Aerotec
Hi all, I am looking at making a booking EDI-LHR-DUS with a car included. I have never made a BA Holidays booking before. Some questions:

1. A booking from 24 to 29th April with car doesn't show the red "Executive Club members earn Double Tier Points: ba.com/holidays" As per comments above should I not worry. As long as I have 5 nights car rental it will still qualify? (Adding a day to the booking does make that text appear).
2. Have any BA staff had any luck making the booking from the Hotlines flight booking page and adding in a car? Has this still qualified for double TPs?
As far as I am aware booking a Hotline and adding a car does not qualify for the Double TP offer (happy to be proved wrong)/
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD, Star Alliance, HH Gold
Hi all, I am looking at making a booking EDI-LHR-DUS with a car included. I have never made a BA Holidays booking before. Some questions:

1. A booking from 24 to 29th April with car doesn't show the red "Executive Club members earn Double Tier Points: ba.com/holidays" As per comments above should I not worry. As long as I have 5 nights car rental it will still qualify? (Adding a day to the booking does make that text appear).
2. Have any BA staff had any luck making the booking from the Hotlines flight booking page and adding in a car? Has this still qualified for double TPs?
Hotline holidays are valid for double tier points, but not by booking a flight from hotlines and then adding a car. Make sure you take a screen shot of the booking showing the offer of bonus points.
Sometimes it's cheaper to go through the general site for BA holidays.
flygirl68 and DeathSlam like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:59 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
If I book 23rd to 29th I do see the red text.

Also, I've just called BA Holidays and agent on the phone said I need 5 x 24hr car hire periods to qualify for the Double Tier Points. So a sub 120hr car hire won't qualify? Confusing!
This is odd, because if you rent a car and pick it up at 10am and drop it off the next day at Noon, you are charged 2 days (or 2 x 24 hour periods).

So picking up a car at 9am on Monday and dropping it off at 1pm on Friday would be charged at 5 x 24 hour periods - but this would not qualify for double TPs as you've only got the car for 4 nights. I think maybe what the agent was getting at was you need to keep it for 5 actual 24 hour periods (not chargable periods). But in reality the terms are 5 nights, so picking it up Sunday night at 10pm and dropping it off Friday morning at 5am should absolutely qualify (despite being well under 120 hours).
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:11 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
5 x 24hr car hire periods to qualify for the Double Tier Points. So a sub 120hr car hire won't qualify? Confusing!
Many people have got the double TP with 5 nights car hire which is less than 120 hrs total.
It does seem that the website uses something like this to display (or not) the red text though. So the person you rung may have just got mixed up thinking (as many here have also done) that if the red text doesn't show then it doesn't qualify. But we know better. There are many and varied ways to not get the red text, but as long as your trip qualifies to the letter of the T&Cs at the time you booked you will get your double TP.
Aerotec likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
Is it just me or it's not possible to book a shorter car rental than the full trip if ex UK? ot I can use the custom trip function to make it a BAH booking?

Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You are bound by the T&Cs that were in force on the date you made the reservation.

Paragraph 9 of the current UK T&Cs state they are valid from 27 September 2023. I am not convinced that is correct, I think the residency requirement was introduced after that date. When I get time I will try to find the older editions of the T&Cs and post the above.
It would be 5 nights according to the dates, but I wouldn't be staying in the hotel for the last night as I would be leaving for the airport to catch my flight which would leave at 0200.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
It would be 5 nights according to the dates, but I wouldn't be staying in the hotel for the last night as I would be leaving for the airport to catch my flight which would leave at 0200.
If you don't check out until later afternoon you are using your extra 'night' anyway, just not over midnight, To avoid any issues I would be tempted to avoid checking out early morning on the last day.
I think this is the same as the car hire issue, you need to use x 'nights' of booking between the start and end date where the bookings cover the 00:00 of the night, but you don't have to be present for 24 hours of every period.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
This has come up a few times now, standard advice is to simply walk out without checking out in person, you’ll be paying for the night anyway and using the room until late into the evening, nobody will care.
CatchThePigeon likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:04 am

Is it allowed to go through same airport twice? I only found that it's not allowed to leave UK twice. For example
LHR-domestic-LHR
1 night hotel
LHR-SOF
3 days car hire
SOF-LHR
1 night hotel
LHR-domestic-LHR
That would give 640 TP, if I count right. Or would I have to drop the first and last legs and settle for 480 TP?
TIA!
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:19 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by flyslow
Is it allowed to go through same airport twice? I only found that it's not allowed to leave UK twice. For example
LHR-domestic-LHR
1 night hotel
LHR-SOF
3 days car hire
SOF-LHR
1 night hotel
LHR-domestic-LHR
That would give 640 TP, if I count right. Or would I have to drop the first and last legs and settle for 480 TP?
TIA!
No rule against it in the T&Cs, but you may struggle to book it, as there seem to be additional restrictions on what even the Newcastle team can book over the phone.

These were described to me (by an agent quoting from an internal email) as a maximum of 6 journey "segments" in total. Each segment can involve more than one flight, up to a maximum of 10 flights in the booking AFAIK, but you need the routing you want to come up for the segment you search. Overly circuitous routings will need to be broken down and that's where the 6 segment limit may prove problematic.
Tobias-UK and flyslow like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by flyslow
Is it allowed to go through same airport twice?
Yes
Originally Posted by flarmip
No rule against it in the T&Cs, but you may struggle to book it,
Also yes
This is especially problematic if starting in London.
MAN-JER
JER-SOF
SOF-MAN
Would be no problem (all of which transit LHR)
But you can't book
LHR-MAN
MAN-LHR
LHR-SOF
SOF-LHR
LHR-JER
JER-LHR
The main reason seems to not be because you are going through the same airport, but because this is essentially three individual trips from LHR which means people could easily use it to game their business trips rather than use it for leasure.
You might try
LHR-MAN
MAN-SOF
SOF-JER
JER-LHR
(Yes I know it's the same thing, but it's now transitting LHR rather than having it as a destination)
Or starting from a regional airport.
flyslow likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:44 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by smf_ltn
And hotels seem to be limited to BA destination cities. So this package is not possible for holiday travel at multiple locations or staying with family. I have never booked a BA package and this offer certainly does not help, unless someone knows how to work around the hotel limitations.
On the topic of BA destination cities:

We are looking at a trip late this year to Strasbourg, FR. BA do not fly there anymore (I think they used to). we can fly to Stuttgart and take the train. We could plan to book a package with a hotel in Stuttgart and stay the first night. Then take the train to Strasbourg and stay there, while maintaining our room in Stuttgart, even if not using it. Then we would go back to Stuttgart for a night before departing.

According to the terms, this should be legal. Any risks?

Cheers.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:49 pm

Yes you can go through the same airport twice. I after much timing out managed to book the following today for late September:

GLA-LHR-BOS-LAX

4 Nights in LA

LAX-BOS

4 Nights Boston

BOS-JFK-LHR-GLA

All in J, A380 on the way out in 53K, Transcon between BOS and LAX, 777 CS in 5K on the way home.

Not a bad way to get 1360 Tier Points in one trip.

Now I look forward to 9 Months of inevitable AA schedule changes.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:50 pm

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
…..and now an extra £300 pound off a BA Holiday (until 9th Jan)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.