Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Possibly asked before, but a search doesn't provide an answer: if booking a "5 night" holiday in let's say DXB, but the return flight is at 0100 meaning that you won't have stayed at the hotel that night - would that still count as 5 nights for the purposes of double TPs?
To qualify (UK) the hotel or car component must be booked and used for 5 nights between the dates of the outbound and inbound flights.

Would your hotel reservation be for 5 nights or would you only be booking 4 nights accommodation?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, EI AerClub Green
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
UK TERMS & CONDITIONS
b) The booking must be made by a UK resident and must originate and end in the UK.
Just looking at this statement in the T&Cs - specifically the UK resident aspect. If this is a recent change, will existing bookings made under previous version of T&Cs be honoured? As a non-UK resident living in Ireland, I booked what was then a qualifying BAH last September (on the 6th) for 5 nights in Athens in March. The balance is due next month and I've already paid in full for flights to/from UK as well as 2 nights hotel accomodation in Manchester.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Is this likely to be extended into 2025 ?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Will100
Is this likely to be extended into 2025 ?
Probable? Yes
Certain? No
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Probable? Yes
Certain? No
And if last year is anything to go by, they likely won't tell us until July.
BA or bust and crazy8534 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
How strict is the "UK residence" requirement? I currently live in Portugal, but am planning a trip from the UK to elsewhere, and renting a car for 5 nights to obtain the double TPs. A strict requirement of UK residency would nix this plan to obtain double TPs.

Is there a "work-around" for the UK residency?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DaveMFF
Just looking at this statement in the T&Cs - specifically the UK resident aspect. If this is a recent change, will existing bookings made under previous version of T&Cs be honoured? As a non-UK resident living in Ireland, I booked what was then a qualifying BAH last September (on the 6th) for 5 nights in Athens in March. The balance is due next month and I've already paid in full for flights to/from UK as well as 2 nights hotel accomodation in Manchester.
You are bound by the T&Cs that were in force on the date you made the reservation.

Paragraph 9 of the current UK T&Cs state they are valid from 27 September 2023. I am not convinced that is correct, I think the residency requirement was introduced after that date. When I get time I will try to find the older editions of the T&Cs and post the above.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I note when a booked a trip this week it actually said in the booking summary before paying I would be entitled to double tier points ; has it always said this?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:40 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by tmac100
How strict is the "UK residence" requirement? I currently live in Portugal, but am planning a trip from the UK to elsewhere, and renting a car for 5 nights to obtain the double TPs. A strict requirement of UK residency would nix this plan to obtain double TPs.
Is there a "work-around" for the UK residency?
I have seen no reports that anyone has fallen foul of this, but it remains untested as to how strict it it.
Several people believe that it is based on the country of residence of your BAEC account and there have been some posters who have changed their residency on that account before making a booking.
But many of those bookings will have been made after the T&C change and will not have been travelled yet, so the exact details are hard to be sure of.
If your BAEC account country, billing address of payment card and BA site used to make the booking are all UK based it is hard to see how they would know if you currently lay your head in another locale.
tmac100, orbitmic and DaveMFF like this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:48 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by DaveMFF
Just looking at this statement in the T&Cs - specifically the UK resident aspect. If this is a recent change, will existing bookings made under previous version of T&Cs be honoured? As a non-UK resident living in Ireland, I booked what was then a qualifying BAH last September (on the 6th) for 5 nights in Athens in March. The balance is due next month and I've already paid in full for flights to/from UK as well as 2 nights hotel accommodation in Manchester.
In a word, Yes.
We already know that people who booked before other changes in the rules but travelled after changes that would have made them invalid, have received the bonus TPs.
You should expect them to turn up within 14 working days as normal. If BA do not credit them, they you may need to contact them after that time.
What Tobias says about the date of the change not being reflected in the T&Cs page is right, but you booked even before that date, so should be fine.
If you search in detail through the old 2023 thread you may find the exact date the T&Cs changed.
DaveMFF likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
I have seen no reports that anyone has fallen foul of this, but it remains untested as to how strict it it.
Several people believe that it is based on the country of residence of your BAEC account and there have been some posters who have changed their residency on that account before making a booking.
But many of those bookings will have been made after the T&C change and will not have been travelled yet, so the exact details are hard to be sure of.
If your BAEC account country, billing address of payment card and BA site used to make the booking are all UK based it is hard to see how they would know if you currently lay your head in another locale.
i agree it is untested. There are also some oddities with the wordings. For instance baec could try and use account address as residency but I’m not convinced the phrasing would make it an obvious requirement if, say, you are officially il resident and tax resident but with your baec address located elsewhere. I’d also like to think resident at time of travel may be enough.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by allturnleft
I note when a booked a trip this week it actually said in the booking summary before paying I would be entitled to double tier points ; has it always said this?
If I recall correctly its been like that for at least a year - at least when I did it for flights and hotel with at least 5 nights.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
In a word, Yes.
We already know that people who booked before other changes in the rules but travelled after changes that would have made them invalid, have received the bonus TPs.
You should expect them to turn up within 14 working days as normal. If BA do not credit them, they you may need to contact them after that time.
What Tobias says about the date of the change not being reflected in the T&Cs page is right, but you booked even before that date, so should be fine.
If you search in detail through the old 2023 thread you may find the exact date the T&Cs changed.
That is useful to know thank you. I'll search for those old T&Cs, it may help me later in case there was an issue. One other thing that I didn't mention in my original query was that I had another BAH last October and the double tier points were credited within a few days after my return. So if that particular residency change came in on 23-Sep-23, it did not have any impact for my holiday last October.
tmac100 and DeathSlam like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Hi all, I am looking at making a booking EDI-LHR-DUS with a car included. I have never made a BA Holidays booking before. Some questions:

1. A booking from 24 to 29th April with car doesn't show the red "Executive Club members earn Double Tier Points: ba.com/holidays" As per comments above should I not worry. As long as I have 5 nights car rental it will still qualify? (Adding a day to the booking does make that text appear).
2. Have any BA staff had any luck making the booking from the Hotlines flight booking page and adding in a car? Has this still qualified for double TPs?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Aerotec
Hi all, I am looking at making a booking EDI-LHR-DUS with a car included. I have never made a BA Holidays booking before. Some questions:

1. A booking from 24 to 29th April with car doesn't show the red "Executive Club members earn Double Tier Points: ba.com/holidays" As per comments above should I not worry. As long as I have 5 nights car rental it will still qualify? (Adding a day to the booking does make that text appear).
2. Have any BA staff had any luck making the booking from the Hotlines flight booking page and adding in a car? Has this still qualified for double TPs?
In my experience if you're doing an open jaw or a multi city the writing doesn't show. However I have always received the double tier points.
orbitmic and DeathSlam like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.