Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LON-IBZ (Ibiza) - an interesting flight!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2023, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
What is it with vaping? a few months ago - LHR JFK in CS. Swiss family of 4, the teenage male was about to vape when 2 crew members ran and told him off (right after the safety briefing).
Coffeemadman likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 6:38 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I think this is partly a British issue - the bits of Ibiza which are more pleasant but also less populated by British people. This is no comment on the UK as a whole, but more about which specific sub-groups visit Ibiza.
That's definitely the case. Ryanair is not serving alcohol on routes between the UK and IBZ due to previous incidents, but all other routes out of IBZ get regular service. I suppose that's a testament to the issue not being purely about Ibiza, otherwise other IBZ routes would be dry too.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 8:52 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Are posters really that judgemental of the mile high club on here.. or is it because of the offenders and the route? … a few must of tried it themselves
the810 and Longtail like this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by PxC
Are posters really that judgemental of the mile high club on here.. or is it because of the offenders and the route? … a few must of tried it themselves
A gentleman would never say His youthful self remembers toilets being much larger
Old Sep 21, 2023, 1:37 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by PxC
Going by the description of that flight to Mykonos where the booze was in free flow and language was blue I have no doubt shenanigans went on behind closed doors in the air without notice.
No judgement there tho because they were sharp witted and not 'animals'.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 11:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
How dare they behave like that.! I may be from a different generation but the crew were useless.I would have had that door open and ordered them out, dressed them down and ordered them back to their seats - not stand around like a pair of wet tarts. I find it neither clever nor funny. A child might have opened that door. I assume that the Captain was informed and I would hope that these people were barred from Easyjet and any other company for life. What consenting adult do is, thank God, no business of mine. When it becomes a public exhibition, it is so wrong on so many levels as my niece says. Some people have no concept of propriety or shame. A bucket of cold water comes to mind.

I assure the OP that we had the problem with people smoking back in the past. Vaping was unknown. When no smoking areas came in, people would start smoking in them including when we were on the ground and delayed. Recently on a flight to IBZ, a friend of mine confiscated 12 bottles of booze that were being passed around.

What appals me is what on earth goes on in places like Ibiza when that pack of animals descend upon the place. God, I sound like the miserable old cow I swore I would never become, but when I see things like this I am truly ashamed and disgusted.

Rant over - I long to hear that is was just a wind up even if it is in the lowest of bad taste.

How did it come to this?
Amazing how people still get more outraged by the most basic natural behaviour than all the other actual wrongs in the world that actually affect anyone. Like in the USA where the same people will lose their mind about brief nudity on TV but are very calm about school shootings.

If my 8 year old niece had opened the door she'd have been a bit surprised than probably laughed and gone back and giggled about it to her mum and dad. Because thank god she's been raised by parents who aren't complete prudes and think it's probably best for a young girl to understand these things and not live with some strange hang up on something that we are all doing.

Yeh it's not something that should be done. But I find the outrage very strange. We all do it, and presumably enjoy it. It's a bit embarrassing for those concerned and a bit of a laugh for those around, except for those with a Catholic upbringing who find shame in nature I guess.
ExpatExp, the810 and krispy84 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Longtail
Amazing how people still get more outraged by the most basic natural behaviour than all the other actual wrongs in the world that actually affect anyone. Like in the USA where the same people will lose their mind about brief nudity on TV but are very calm about school shootings.

If my 8 year old niece had opened the door she'd have been a bit surprised than probably laughed and gone back and giggled about it to her mum and dad. Because thank god she's been raised by parents who aren't complete prudes and think it's probably best for a young girl to understand these things and not live with some strange hang up on something that we are all doing.

Yeh it's not something that should be done. But I find the outrage very strange. We all do it, and presumably enjoy it. It's a bit embarrassing for those concerned and a bit of a laugh for those around, except for those with a Catholic upbringing who find shame in nature I guess.
its disgusting behaviour in a public place - whether or not your daughter would laugh is neither here nor there. The fact you are trying to provide justification for it shows how crazy the world has become. A bit of laugh? Really?
marshy11 and Coffeemadman like this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
I really don't think it's prudish to think having sex in a public toilet is unacceptable. It could also result in you facing some legal problems as well.

All things considered, the toilet can often end up being a pretty grotty place as well, which can't possibly add to the ambience. And of course the impact on passengers that may wish to use the loo for more conventional purposes...if you're in and out of there quickly then no-one is going to have a good time anyway.

Plenty of opportunity for nature's desires in IBZ, so I am told.
Coffeemadman likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DXB2745
its disgusting behaviour in a public place - whether or not your daughter would laugh is neither here nor there. The fact you are trying to provide justification for it shows how crazy the world has become. A bit of laugh? Really?
'shows how crazy the world has become'.

I said 'it shouldn't really happen' and you've gone for outrage that I'm trying to justify it. Some just like to be outraged. This almost certainly happened a lot more 30-40 years ago, the mile high club isn't a new thing you know. Virgin made their name on nudge nudge wink wink marketing a very long time ago.

It's not disgusting behaviour in a public place or we wouldn't be able to use the toilets for what they're designed for would we? Now that is disgusting. If this bothers you you really shouldn't enter a plane toilet ever, there are things in there that could do you far more harm.

What is actually disgusting about two people in a private room, except how you've been taught to think about it? Yes not the most salubrious location, but that's their issue, no-one elses. I doubt they'll regret the experience on their death bed, it'll probably be one of the things they remember with a smile, which makes them the winners here really.

Just because you think it disgusting doesn't make it so. I'm a 40 year old Brit but have spent enough time living abroad to be baffled by the prudeishness of a section of our society. In parts of the world they'd think having a drink on a plane is disgusting behaviour, does that make it so?

But then politics teaches us those who show the most moral outrage a out this kind of thing, tend to actually be those with the most outrage to hide. If so I salute you!
ExpatExp, the810, krispy84 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
I really don't think it's prudish to think having sex in a public toilet is unacceptable. It could also result in you facing some legal problems as well.

All things considered, the toilet can often end up being a pretty grotty place as well, which can't possibly add to the ambience. And of course the impact on passengers that may wish to use the loo for more conventional purposes...if you're in and out of there quickly then no-one is going to have a good time anyway.

Plenty of opportunity for nature's desires in IBZ, so I am told.
Oh I agree on your second paragraph, I wouldn't do it myself, but I'm 40 now. If I'd been offered the opportunity when I was 20 and testosterone was flooding my veins I can't say

Closest I came kissing a Colombian lady I met on a flight from Bogota to Amsterdam 10 years ago. (Ahh the joys of travelling alone as a young person, the best of times). Couldn't believe it happened at the time, still can't! We had 4 in the middle to ourselves so could be reasonably discreet. A very happy memory but I'm sure some here would be appalled.

I think everyone subjected to the ordeal will probably live to tell the tale
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:52 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

It's not disgusting behaviour in a public place or we wouldn't be able to use the toilets for what they're designed for would we?

Just because you think it disgusting doesn't make it so.
Firstly it is illegal The Sexual Offences Act 2003 made changes to previous laws in England and Wales governing sexual behaviour. The Sexual Offences Act 2003 made changes to previous laws in England and Wales governing sexual behaviour. Sexual activity in public toilets is still an offence, Toilets on an aircraft are considered public for obvious reasons.

Secondly it is highly inappropriate that this behaviour was highly noted as everyone in the video was turned around and clearly the crew knew that something was afoot since they opened the door. Clearly the Captain and Easyjet were unamused either. The police met the flight and he was barred from entering Spain. He and I hope she, as she is every bit as responsible for her actions.

However, I am not outraged - I am disgusted that standards of behaviour have sunk this low. What people do in private is, thank God, no concern of mine. Disobeying crew member instructions and drunk and disorderly behaviour is another.

I am far from prudish - but I believe in public standards of behaviour. I am leaving this her as it strays into OMNI territory - this is a side diversion to the people vaping on the OPs aircraft.
bafan, golfmad, KARFA and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Firstly it is illegal The Sexual Offences Act 2003 made changes to previous laws in England and Wales governing sexual behaviour. The Sexual Offences Act 2003 made changes to previous laws in England and Wales governing sexual behaviour. Sexual activity in public toilets is still an offence, Toilets on an aircraft are considered public for obvious reasons.

Secondly it is highly inappropriate that this behaviour was highly noted as everyone in the video was turned around and clearly the crew knew that something was afoot since they opened the door. Clearly the Captain and Easyjet were unamused either. The police met the flight and he was barred from entering Spain. He and I hope she, as she is every bit as responsible for her actions.

However, I am not outraged - I am disgusted that standards of behaviour have sunk this low. What people do in private is, thank God, no concern of mine. Disobeying crew member instructions and drunk and disorderly behaviour is another.

I am far from prudish - but I believe in public standards of behaviour. I am leaving this her as it strays into OMNI territory - this is a side diversion to the people vaping on the OPs aircraft.
Well you know what they say, the law's an ...!
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:54 pm

Amazing how people still get more outraged by the most basic natural behaviour
I cant' speak for anyone else but I don't agree that shagging in the loo of a plane is the 'most basic natural behaviour'.

Perhaps I am older than I thought?
bafan, KARFA, subject2load and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by marshy11
I cant' speak for anyone else but I don't agree that shagging in the loo of a plane is the 'most basic natural behaviour'.

Perhaps I am older than I thought?
Yeh that wasn't so clear. I was referring to the bahviour the couple were engaged in more broadly. Plenty of prudes who find any mention or suggestion of it in any circumstance abhorrent, which I find very odd.

After all it is only religious texts that most of us don't live by that have taught us to be offended, which is why the older generation tends to be more prudish, as religious affiliation was the majority a generation ago.

I don't think you can necessarily expect the generations coming through who have learned to be able to form good moral values for their own sake, rather than needing the threat of eternal damnation previous generations did to guide them, to have the exact same idea of what is good and bad. They may be more bothered about things that actually affect people than medieval prudishness.
the810 and krispy84 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 1:04 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Well you know what they say, the law's an ...!
The law is an ... is a derisive expression said when the the rigid application of the letter of the law is seen to be contrary to common sense.

I do not think that what "they" say is of any consequence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.