Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LON-IBZ (Ibiza) - an interesting flight!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2023, 3:28 am

It's people like this that are going to get alcohol banned on planes eventually. Unfortunately when rules are made they have to account for the most idiotic people in society.
Cw novice and Coffeemadman like this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
All I will say is that my husband was quite good looking back then.......
😂

Like a fine wine that has improved with age, I'm sure he's now been upgraded to very good looking?
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Grey Nomad
It's people like this that are going to get alcohol banned on planes eventually. Unfortunately when rules are made they have to account for the most idiotic people in society.
The counter point being is if alcohol is complimentary but distribution more controlled is the behaviour better.

As I said further up the introduction of the CT scanners and relaxation of the liquids rules may lead to more bring your own. In addition meaning free consumption post security before the flight boards.

Only way to do it would be to ban all hand luggage
liquids and vapes in the cabin and everyone is given two bottles of water pre boarding. Adjust the flight costs for the extra baggage handling etc. People will still want to go to Ibiza.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 4:28 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
It's people like this that are going to get alcohol banned on planes eventually.
The problem isn't consumption on the plane, it's the skin full they've had in the airport prior to boarding. Two much easier solutions: bar staff in the airport start abiding by the licensing laws and stop serving drunks, and gate staff start denying boarding to people who are off their faces.

As for the EasyJet larks, maybe I'm soft but I don't see the issue. A toilet isn't a public space and the door only opened because the cabin crew used the emergency handle. All very disgusting though- it's a nasty enough experience having a quick wee in those toilets, I can't imagine spending long enough in one to get to the Billy Mill Roundabout (one for my fellow Geordies).

As for package holidays, I've gone to Ibiza a few times on Jet2 from both Newcastle and Leeds. Never any bother. But then with Jet2's prices these days you won't get the riff-raff, they'll all be on Ryanair.

Last edited by Arctic Troll; Sep 20, 2023 at 4:33 am
Old Sep 20, 2023, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by MDTyKe
Honestly, to me this is fully the experience I would expect from pax on a LGW to IBZ flight. I suppose I'd expect it more on a package holiday airline though.
I travel to IBZ, a lot. Possibly 5 visits from May through October. I used to fly from Bristol and stopped for this reason. Found the best 'normal' flight to IBZ tends to be from LCY. Usually quiet, too. I've seen Pete Tong on this flight, in CE, on at least 4 occasions. And James Blunt, who I then sat next to in Santa Gertrudis eating a pizza with his kids a few days later.
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Sadly, this is the market that IBZ captures. For all the slagging BA gets on here for being no better than a LCC, it is perceived differently outside this forum and therefore isn't as badly affected as the likes of easyJet or Ryanair are in terms of bad behaviour from passengers. It's assumed to be more expensive and therefore gets away with some of the bad stuff.
EuropeanPete and Cw novice like this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Even worse is that the video we are discussing here was initially posted online by the Gentleman's mother.

(potentially I am missing the educational aspect of doing so though)
Old Sep 20, 2023, 5:40 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Unfortunately it is all too true. I’ve checked on Google,as I wondered the same as you. The police met the flight and he had to pay to fly home there and then. I won’t go into the rest as it is too sordid.

Dear OP. I fear that you will never be near me on a flight to Ibiza as I would not travel there if you paid me. Enjoy your holiday.
Ibiza is literally an island of 2 halves, the party side and the quiet side. Depending on the time of year and week, has 2 completely different clientele. You have the flights where just about everyone is going to the party side and are teenagers or young 20 somethings and other times it's all families and older couples going to the quiet side of the island. You do occasionally get a flight or two made of the two so we normally warn the youngsters before hand to keep it down on those.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Honestly, to me this is fully the experience I would expect from pax on a LGW to IBZ flight. I suppose I'd expect it more on a package holiday airline though.
Funny you should say that...BA do seem to be heading in the package holiday airline direction
Old Sep 20, 2023, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
Sadly, this is the market that IBZ captures.
But most of Ibiza isn't like that at all. Mostly San Antonio and Cala Bassa during the day. The rest of the island is very chilled. Loads of lovely farm-to-table restaurants, great beaches and good hotels.
our_kid, EJetter and Arctic Troll like this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
The behaviour described above could just as easily have happened on AMS, Vegas, DXB, Palma- don't think for one minute that this is an IBZ specific thing.

If anything, Ibiza probably attracts a more upmarket crowd than many other tourist destinations served from the UK- not that upmarket means better behaviour per se....
Old Sep 20, 2023, 6:27 am

When I flew Delta F a few times when I was in the US earlier this month, they were very reluctant to serve alcohol. Completely different vibe from BA CE. I'd say the majority of people didn't drink at all (going for diet coke's or similar) and if you pro-actively asked for a drink, you weren't turned down, but you got a look as if crew were saying "no, you don't ask, you wait for us to ask you...." and I noticed no-one else proactively asked either. They all waited for the crew to make their rounds.

BA CE and, frankly, Brits generally, feel like they need to down as much as possible as they've 'darn well paid for this!'. Makes me cringe so much when people write on here "the champagne was free-flowing" as if it's expected. There aren't that many other nations that act like that and admit they act like that.
visit14 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by chriswiles
BA CE and, frankly, Brits generally, feel like they need to down as much as possible as they've 'darn well paid for this!'. Makes me cringe so much when people write on here "the champagne was free-flowing" as if it's expected. There aren't that many other nations that act like that and admit they act like that.
Because it is expected. Providing you are not getting over the top and drunk and disorderly it is expected and what someone has paid for.

I realise this is probably a controversial view.

I am reluctant to go down the puritan route described. If a passenger has paid for business class and is drinking alcohol responsibly it is nobody's business how much they have.

Last edited by Coffeemadman; Sep 20, 2023 at 6:48 am
Old Sep 20, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I cannot imagine how that is feasible on the modern A320s!
There is, I understand, a website dedicated to the procedures to be adopted for different aircraft - the easiest being the A380

So I believe... I have not visited the site myself to verify
krispy84 and zip10001 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: Meh
Just don't ever book a back row seat on Easyjet, your expectations will not be met.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.