Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA transfer baggage to MK?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2023, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

BA transfer baggage to MK?

I have an award ticket on BA from IAD to JNB. Then getting a separate purchase flight on Air Mauritius. Does BA transfer bags with an inter line agreement? If not hoping four hours at JNB will be enough.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 11:43 pm

No, not even to BA on seperate tickets unfortunately
Old Jun 11, 2023, 11:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Cleo Meyer
I have an award ticket on BA from IAD to JNB. Then getting a separate purchase flight on Air Mauritius. Does BA transfer bags with an inter line agreement? If not hoping four hours at JNB will be enough.
Sadly not if you have separate tickets. More details in this thread:

BA no longer through checking baggage with separate tickets
Old Jun 12, 2023, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
BA55 & 57 are frequently delayed so 4 hours may not be enough. Difficult to be sure of your arrival on this route time until you are airborne.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
BA55 & 57 are frequently delayed so 4 hours may not be enough. Difficult to be sure of your arrival on this route time until you are airborne.
ugh. On 57 with 9:15 arrival scheduled and departure at 1:35 pm. Its been years since I used JNB and then had no connection so I appreciate the heads up.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:11 am

For the record, they do have an interline agreement and will through-check if sold on the same ticket (but as above, not if it isn’t).
Old Jun 19, 2023, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cleo Meyer
Update: BA flight delayed about 45 minutes. Went through immigration and collected my bags. MK check in was in terminal B. Had plenty of time to get bags and then go through Terminal A for the gate. Thank you to all for your input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.