Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Multi-carrier reward change after first segment flown?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2023, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Ennui 50K BA Gold EIL Carte Blanche

I am grateful for all advice in advance - apologies if this is not the place to put this.

Is it possible to add new segments to a multi-carrier reward after the first segment has already been flown? Or is it unchangeable etc?

Am thinking about new reward availability that might open up as the year rolls on. Thanks very much again!
Old Jun 18, 2023, 11:59 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I havent done these for a while, but my recollection is that it may be administratively hard. If it is allowed and you find an agent that will do it, Keep in mind any new segments maybe take it into a new pricing band as the miles flown will increase and there is a maximum of 8 segments for this ticket type.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I think it would likely technically be possible but a change to an award would require a rebooking, so if, say, you have 3 flights left and you want to change one, you'd need availability for both the new flight you want to book and the two that you want to "keep" at the time of rebooking.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It may turn out easier just to book the add segment separately. I think you will struggle finding an agent capable or willing to add a segment. Most will insist on cancelling and rebooking from scratch.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Doesn't the answer depend on what change OP is likley to want to make? Traditional method of securing a return award flight was to book outbound then call to add return segment - usually done without too much hassle. Does it become a lot harder because itinerary has commenced?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.