Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best BA lounge in Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2023, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoldCanyon340
If you do depart LHR T3 then avoid the QF lounge for the relevant hours before QF departures. CX F may get busy at certain times but nothing like the loud, uncomfortable zoo that is QF.
Then again, outside the hours preceding the departure of a QF flight, they close the downstairs section of the lounge and the upstairs buffet is rather poor so I would avoid the QF lounge at those times (i.e. from lunchtime after the departure of the PER flight until early evening when the downstairs section re-opens for the SYD flight) unless all you want from a lounge is quietness.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
the problem right now is that the a350 service departs early in the morning before the Platinum Wing opens for the day. IIRC, the PW doesn’t open until 1030.
This must be changing soon - I'm scheduled on an A350 HEL-LHR at 16:00 in May.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
The new Extime provided lounge at CDG 2B is pretty good.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Bronze. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Time to update your profile deets Delboy65 ;->
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
What the heck? I didn't even know BA has a lounge at LGW. Is it better than any of its lounges at LHR?
Yes, and there are plenty of threads on here with full details and photos if you want to take a look.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
This must be changing soon - I'm scheduled on an A350 HEL-LHR at 16:00 in May.
There are two daily in the summer schedule, one early, one in the afternoon. Occasionally an A330 though.
cbyrne92 and Delboy65 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 4:56 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I assume that the OP means Lounges that can be accessed by BA passengers rather than dedicated lounges. In that event I quite like the Lounge in T4S (the name eludes me) at Barajas (MAD) - the food is nothing to write home about but they have an excellent selection of Spanish wines. I am also quite partial to the Flounge at LGW even thought the excellent views of the runway are often dominated by so much orange that one think that there had been an explosion in a Kia-Ora factory. The food is much better than LHR and frankly it always will be whilst Baxter Storey keep the contract at T5. Certainly they have the most complacent staff that I have ever seen. LGW staff are so much more personable and brisk in service.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Marriott Hilton
We flew from Rome FCO this year on Qatar, and Qatar actually advised us to use our BA status to access the BA lounge rather than their own. They were absolutely right - it's a very pleasant space with comfortable seating. There is a great bar and a very decent range of food. Staff are also very friendly and helpful.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I assume that the OP means Lounges that can be accessed by BA passengers rather than dedicated lounges. In that event I quite like the Lounge in T4S (the name eludes me) at Barajas (MAD) - the food is nothing to write home about but they have an excellent selection of Spanish wines. I am also quite partial to the Flounge at LGW even thought the excellent views of the runway are often dominated by so much orange that one think that there had been an explosion in a Kia-Ora factory. The food is much better than LHR and frankly it always will be whilst Baxter Storey keep the contract at T5. Certainly they have the most complacent staff that I have ever seen. LGW staff are so much more personable and brisk in service.
I'm looking forward to making my debut at the LGW F Lounge later this year. I will also be breaking my duck at GLA at the same time.

Normally I fly from EDI to LHR and onwards but GLA via LGW is more convenient on this occasion.

ABZ is on the horizon ln the autumn to complete my set of extant BA UK Lounges.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Butts
ABZ is on the horizon ln the autumn to complete my set of extant BA UK Lounges.
ABZ lounge is very good but if you have PP do make enough time to go to the Northern Lights lounge as well. One of the best non-airline lounges anywhere, the food is a particular highlight.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:06 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
The lounge at Las Palmas (LPA) flying IB has a fab outdoor terrace overlooking the runway. But eligible for silver as well as gold I believe.

I was not expecting anything even remotely special but it was very nice. Food not so great tho.
jamestg and markmac like this.

Last edited by Fritz; Mar 31, 2023 at 9:56 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Fritz
The lounge at Las Palmas (LPA) flying IB has a fab outdoor terrace overlooking the runway. But eligible for silver as well as good I believe.

I was not expecting anything even remotely special but it was very nice. Food not so great tho.
Was there a smoking area on the terrace ?
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Butts
Was there a smoking area on the terrace ?
Yes smoking is allowed on the terrace.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by markmac
Yes smoking is allowed on the terrace.
Excellent I'll add that one to my prospective jaunts.
ExpatExp and Delboy65 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Confus
ABZ lounge is very good but if you have PP do make enough time to go to the Northern Lights lounge as well. One of the best non-airline lounges anywhere, the food is a particular highlight.
A quick search on Google shows two identical names?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.