Best BA lounge in Europe?

Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:26 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Butts
Can you smoke on the terrace ?
​​​​​​​I'm getting this weird feeling that you may be a smoker?
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:41 pm
dnw

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Well, dear readers, this is from when I first reached Silver in 2004 and BA used to send out user guides for elite EC members. Here is the list of UK, Ireland and European lounges in those days.

Ahh Plymouth. Fond memories of that (tiny) lounge - and the direct priority boarding from it onto the apron where the Dash 8 waited. Would often be the only person (or one of two) in there. Really made one feel a VIP
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 4:47 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Deltus
Food was fine in the MAD T4S lounge a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps not comparable with the restaurants in town, but absolutely no complaints for an airport lounge.
Honey - the last time that I was there - there was prescious little in the way of food. They seemed far more concerned with clearing it all up rather than putting any more out. To be honest - what was there was rubbish. That may have been for a myriad of reasons I know (and care) not.

My lounge is now the Dali Lounge as I am Schengen to and fro Nantes. It's OK - but miles from the Air Nostrum ( a simply delightful domestic carrier) gates
Old Apr 1, 2023, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'm getting this weird feeling that you may be a smoker?
Hmm whatever gives you that idea

With the huge disparity in smoking facilities at Airports even within the same Country it's nice to know where you stand.

For example in the UK I think Aberdeen Airport is the only BA Lounge that can be combined with a smoking facility also accessible in close proximity.

Take the Gibraltar Terrace references, it seems amazing if you can't smoke there as the Cheap Fags on Sale are almost as renowned as the legendary Apes.

Last edited by Butts; Apr 1, 2023 at 2:41 am
Old Apr 1, 2023, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
ha ha yes as a Gold you could use the BA lounge even if not flying BA. Those were good days 😊
Was the product/range on offer superior to that to be found today ?
Old Apr 1, 2023, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by Delboy65
Being a brand new GCH am tempted to book a trip so can experience the First Lounge at LHR, but...

Where to fly to in Europe, or even UK, that has a nice lounge to relax in before the return flight?

** Not looking to do a B2B run, will stay over at destination for a night or 2
While the First lounge at LHR is much pusher than the galleries lounge the at seat service seems to have become so limited its lost of a lot of its attraction. When I was in on Friday they had 2 got food offerings on the menu, at least one of which was actually off the buffet.

The 'better' LHR lounge, along with empty seat in LH flights are 2 of my reasons to nudge into Gold as opposed to Silver, not sure the First Lounge is worth it anymore.

As already mentioned some of the alliances lounges in T3 are way better, I've also found JAL lounges in Europe to be decent, even if its just for their super advanced toilets :-)
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
While the First lounge at LHR is much pusher than the galleries lounge the at seat service seems to have become so limited its lost of a lot of its attraction. When I was in on Friday they had 2 got food offerings on the menu, at least one of which was actually off the buffet.

The 'better' LHR lounge, along with empty seat in LH flights are 2 of my reasons to nudge into Gold as opposed to Silver, not sure the First Lounge is worth it anymore.

As already mentioned some of the alliances lounges in T3 are way better, I've also found JAL lounges in Europe to be decent, even if its just for their super advanced toilets :-)
It seems like FRA is the only European airport with a JL First and Sakura lounges? Is it any good?
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by TTmex
The Qantas first lounges in LAX and SIN are excellent too
Looks like FLYers here just decided to make a new world order for Europe..
Old Apr 1, 2023, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I think the Finnair Platinum Wing has to be up there.

I'm booked to go to Helsinki in August... looking forward to trying the sauna.

Also, if you book right, you can get the A350 with the new non-reclining business class seats.
I have a flight in May through HEL. I'm excited about getting to try the business seats from DFW and was looking forward to checking out the Platinum lounge as well, but we only have 50 min between flights. So quite bummed about that. I've been to the other lounge but wasn't as taken by it as much as I had hoped. IDK, maybe I cought them on a bad day.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
It seems like FRA is the only European airport with a JL First and Sakura lounges? Is it any good?
It's ok, but not worth making a special trip to in my view.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
What the heck? I didn't even know BA has a lounge at LGW. Is it better than any of its lounges at LHR?
Lounge Review: LGW British Airways First and Club Lounge

Well, dear readers, this is from when I first reached Silver in 2004 and BA used to send out user guides for elite EC members. Here is the list of UK, Ireland and European lounges in those days.
Not all of those were BA operated lounges, though (although there were significantly more of them than today).
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Ah the LGW arrivals lounge Had completely forgotten about that one
Old Apr 1, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
I like them, I thought it was FRA i'd been in them bur couldn't quite recall so hedged my bet with 'Europe' :-) I will caveat that I've not been through there in 12 months or so though....
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

Hi,

I think so
The other JAL destinations

HEL- The Finnair Platinum lounge
CDG- Air France business lounge ( roped off section for F pax)
LHR - The LHR T3 lounges

the FRA lounge is quite good but been about 6 years since visiting them

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 1, 2023, 9:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by BOH
It's like being in a depressing dungeon, zero natural light!
What you meant to say is that the luxurious setting is reminiscent of JFKs exclusive Chelsea Lounge.
ExpatExp likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.