Best BA lounge in Europe?

Old Mar 30, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I think Istanbul is one of the biggest Lounges I have been in with a wonderful outdoor smoking area..
Old Mar 30, 2023, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

The Iberia lounge T4s @ Madrid is also nice
I think the Finnair Platinum lounge at HEL is open again

I liked the third party lounges at Venice ( Marco polo) and Vienna

Edinburgh and Glasgow lounges are nice ( but you could access them as a Silver in any case)

Cathay at LHR T3 is very good ( but some reports of it being very busy at certain times of the day)

There are relatively few lounges in Europe that BA gold get exclusive access to compared to BA silver

Regards

TBS
Don't think I've come across one in this category yet - where are they located ?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by Butts
Don't think I've come across one in this category yet - where are they located ?
Finnair Platinum Wing at HEL, the various lounges at Heathrow T3 and T5 and... that's it AFAIK.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by sigma421
Finnair Platinum Wing at HEL, the various lounges at Heathrow T3 and T5 and... that's it AFAIK.
Don't think I'll be visiting Helsinki anytime soon as the fares always seem prohibitive compared to other European destinations.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DirektornSE
Just to understand, you are looking for One World lounges in Europe?
So Finnair and BA would be the only option here and your selection is extremely limited as Star Alliance have more loungers in Europe
There are also the IB lounges at MAD and the JL lounge at FRA. QR have a lounge in CDG, albeit the wrong terminal for BA departures.

Originally Posted by sigma421
The JL lounge at FRA has a First Class section, albeit with limited opening hours, and theres the BA First lounge at LGW.
orbitmic and Delboy65 like this.

Last edited by Genius1; Mar 31, 2023 at 1:32 am
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Butts
I think Istanbul is one of the biggest Lounges I have been in with a wonderful outdoor smoking area..
The Istanbul lounge was a nice space but the food on offer when we went was dire.
Fatdickie and PGberkshire like this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Also see the recommendations in this thread:
Best (and worst) lounge your Silver card gets you in.

For more detail on the EUR lounges, also see:
BA Lounge Database | Europe
orbitmic and Delboy65 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 10:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
As several FT-ers have implied above, the only real highlights in UK / Europe (that you wont have had access to previously status-wise) are the F section of CX lounge @ LHR T3 and Finnairs Platinum @ HEL. Another vote too for IBs spacious lounge @ MAD T4S .very pleasant indeed (though no Gold card required) with some quality food offerings, excellent tarmac views, and courteous staff (IME at least) ; surprisingly relaxing if you catch it at a quiet spell. If youre keen to try BAs own F (ie Gold) lounge @T5 then ok, youll see an improvement versus Galleries for Silver, but only marginally - dont get your hopes up !

In truth, the quality OW lounge experiences for GCH holders are all much further afield .. in the likes of Japan, HK (back to full lounge strength by around the middle of the year I believe) & Australia.
becks1 and Delboy65 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by subject2load
As several FT-ers have implied above, the only real highlights in UK / Europe (that you wont have had access to previously status-wise) are the F section of CX lounge @ LHR T3 and Finnairs Platinum @ HEL. Another vote too for IBs spacious lounge @ MAD T4S .very pleasant indeed (though no Gold card required) with some quality food offerings, excellent tarmac views, and courteous staff (IME at least) ; surprisingly relaxing if you catch it at a quiet spell. If youre keen to try BAs own F (ie Gold) lounge @T5 then ok, youll see an improvement versus Galleries for Silver, but only marginally - dont get your hopes up !

In truth, the quality OW lounge experiences for GCH holders are all much further afield .. in the likes of Japan, HK (back to full lounge strength by around the middle of the year I believe) & Australia.
The Qantas first lounges in LAX and SIN are excellent too
subject2load, becks1 and jky345 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
If you can go further afield, head to QR's Al Safwa lounge at DOH. Note that it's for passengers on QR first only (not BA Gold, One World Emerald). If budget is tight, a QR or BA economy flight to DOH with a regional connection in QR first (e.g. to Kuwait, Bahrain) would get you in. (Call QR to book mixed class ticket)

Within Europe, the friendliest lounge may well be the third party, Aspire, at BHD (now partly closed for renovation). Good food at the third party lounge in Brussels.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I think the Finnair Platinum Wing has to be up there.

I'm booked to go to Helsinki in August... looking forward to trying the sauna.

Also, if you book right, you can get the A350 with the new non-reclining business class seats.
the problem right now is that the a350 service departs early in the morning before the Platinum Wing opens for the day. IIRC, the PW doesnt open until 1030.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by TTmex
The Istanbul lounge was a nice space but the food on offer when we went was dire.
I definitely concur, but to me provision of a wonderful smoking area within the lounge area is mamma from heaven.
ExpatExp, TTmex and Delboy65 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 2:34 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
the problem right now is that the a350 service departs early in the morning before the Platinum Wing opens for the day. IIRC, the PW doesnt open until 1030.
The standard lounge is still pretty good. Just not waiter service like the Platinum Wing
Old Mar 31, 2023, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
LGW is BAs best F(gold) lounge (CCR is not a F lounge)..
That said the majority of non-BA F lounges are better.. especially LHR T3-CX, AA, etc IMHO depending on what you are into
Go further afield for QF, CX first lounges everywhere (well except AKL)...
What the heck? I didn't even know BA has a lounge at LGW. Is it better than any of its lounges at LHR?
Old Mar 31, 2023, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I think the Finnair Platinum Wing has to be up there.

I'm booked to go to Helsinki in August... looking forward to trying the sauna.

Also, if you book right, you can get the A350 with the new non-reclining business class seats.
I've tried it and ​​​​​​I can confirm that it's amazing! Too bad LHR-HEL was such a short flight.
FlightDetective and Delboy65 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.