Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas miles not credited

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2022, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Qantas miles not credited

Greetings

I recently with Qantas in business using my BA EC number, but haven’t received the miles or tier points. I wanted advice on whether this generally takes a long time to transfer over or should I follow up?

Thanks for your guidance in advance 😁
Old Dec 24, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA gold
QF flights can be very slow to post, or not at all. Something got broken for QF since BA did the BAEC IT "improvements" last year.

For instance, a LAX-BNE flight on 11th September didn't post until 28th September.

Another flight, a domestic ADL-BNE didn't post after three weeks, so filled in a claim online which was automatically rejected, so had to follow it up again. It's a pain as around a third of my sectors are on QF, and there's no rhyme nor reason as which can post quickly/slowly/not at all.

So I'd say after three weeks, submit a claim online, and keep a hold of your QF boarding passes, sometimes they ask for them. And to rub it in, they nearly always say "You need to add your BAEC frequent flyer membership to the QF booking..."
Old Dec 24, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm still awaiting QF miles to be credited from flights last month. I waited 3 weeks then I submitted a claim 2 weeks ago for which I'm still awaitng a response.

Last edited by WoodleyBeacon; Dec 25, 2022 at 1:47 am Reason: Typo
Old Dec 25, 2022, 1:38 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
I'm still waiting for some QF flights in June to credit.
Don't hold your breath!

Spike
Old Dec 25, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
I flew QF2 LHR-SYD on 15th December and nothing through so far, and am expecting a long drawn out process to claim them back. My OH had a painful process claiming that took a good 6 weeks, with various requests for original booking receipt and boarding passes.

FF number was definitely in the booking as oneWorld status was shown on boarding passes and the flights are visible in my BAEC account.

As per other posters, no idea why this is broken.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
Flew Lhr-Hnd-Syd-Akl on a JL ticket 3 weeks go with last sector on QF. Both JL flights posted to our BAEC account within a few days, but no sign of the QF flight. Filed a claim 2 weeks ago, but no reply. Need the last flight to post by 31 Dec to requalify BAEC silver status. Suggestions how to chase the missing QF flight?
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WoodleyBeacon
I'm still awaiting QF miles to be credited from flights last month. I waited 3 weeks then I submitted a claim 2 weeks ago for which I'm still awaitng a response.
Originally Posted by Funky Spike
I'm still waiting for some QF flights in June to credit.
Don't hold your breath!
Spike
Originally Posted by air_boi
Flew Lhr-Hnd-Syd-Akl on a JL ticket 3 weeks go with last sector on QF. Both JL flights posted to our BAEC account within a few days, but no sign of the QF flight. Filed a claim 2 weeks ago, but no reply. Need the last flight to post by 31 Dec to requalify BAEC silver status. Suggestions how to chase the missing QF flight?
Not all QF flights earn ff miles/avios/points with other ffp's. Particularly fare class E - a low cost economy fare. May be others.
https://www.wheretocredit.com/qantas-airways/e
https://www.wheretocredit.com/qantas-airways
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Not all QF flights earn ff miles/avios/points with other ffp's. Particularly fare class E - a low cost economy fare. May be others.
Thanks, but we fly business class. X on JAL, I on QF
Old Dec 26, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
I only flew discounted economy on the two domestic legs, SYD-MEL and MEL-PER. LHR-SIN and SIN-SYD were shown as Business although PER-LHR was shown as Discounted Business. My boarding passes were all digital but they did show my BAEC number.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Flew J on Dec 6th and nothing. I claimed after 7 days and the email I got back was as follows

Your claim has been passed to QANTAS for validation and we will email you once your claim has been confirmed. Claims can take up to 8 weeks to be processed.
You can check the status of your claim by logging into your account:

In my experience booking which are not eligible still post on my account but are clearly marked not eligible.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by binman
Flew J on Dec 6th and nothing. I claimed after 7 days and the email I got back was as follows

Your claim has been passed to QANTAS for validation and we will email you once your claim has been confirmed. Claims can take up to 8 weeks to be processed.

In my experience booking which are not eligible still post on my account but are clearly marked not eligible.
We are in the same situation, date and email. Suppose we have to wait. Was wondering if there was a way to chase/expedite it?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: BA gold
It takes anything from two weeks to six weeks to get Qantas to credit, assuming they don't incorrectly reject it.

It's gotten to the point now that I just batch processs the claims once a month and hopefully get something within three months after I first flown. I'm not too bothered as it's only a measely 5 TP here and there but they do add up eventually.

Old Jan 19, 2023, 12:34 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by air_boi
We are in the same situation, date and email. Suppose we have to wait. Was wondering if there was a way to chase/expedite it?
Flight on Dec 6th,
Claim Dec 13th,
Posted Jan 18th.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 1:36 am

Flight on Dec 6th,
Claim Dec 13th,
Posted Jan 18th.
1st flight on 5 Dec, claimed 12 Dec, points posted 18 Jan
2nd flight on 7 Jan, claimed 16 Jan, points posted 18 Jan

Both claims still say submitted on BAEC site, so don't think the claim prompted the points to post. Perhaps the person/people/team that handles partner flights were on holiday and only just catching up?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 1:39 am

Flew LON-DXB-BNE on QF ticketed Emirates, Dec 26. Then QF BNE-SYD on Jan 5. Had to request the points. Just had them added to my account yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.