Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

UK Border Force Christmas strike - confirmed dates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Border Force Christmas strike - confirmed dates

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by MrsW
Well we fly home today. Scheduled to land at T3 at 2.45pm. I will let you know how long it takes to enter the country.
T3 has a higher percentage of non eGate users than T5 so if you are an eGate user then it might be ok.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: AA EXP
My daughter's family, including young children, got through immigration at T-3 (not e-gates obviously) at 9:30 in less than 15 minutes this morning! We're hugely grateful to the troops filling in, who aren't very well paid themselves.
aks120, Keyser, LETTERBOY and 11 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: BA, LY, QF, UA, HH
Just walked past the T5 border now (10:30am) and there was minimal queuing and it looked like traffic was flowing. I heard one of the staff on hand tell a family that needed to queue that they’d probably be in the baggage area in 10 minutes.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
From the comments being made about the process experienced today, it would seem that it is better than normal fully staffed days.

The troops are probably more pleasant than the normal staff and while military fatigues may not suggest a non hostile environment it is still probably better than what we normally have to put up with.

Of all the public service strikes the border force is the one that gets no sympathy from me
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:17 am

Programs: BA gold
11am - Walked through UK border for domestic connections at T5 - no queue, and plenty staffed stations. One of the my fastest processes ever through UK border at T5 connections.

Only disappointment for me today is no black pudding in the Flounge.

Last edited by Stez; Dec 23, 2022 at 4:25 am
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by binman
From the comments being made about the process experienced today, it would seem that it is better than normal fully staffed days.

The troops are probably more pleasant than the normal staff and while military fatigues may not suggest a non hostile environment it is still probably better than what we normally have to put up with.

Of all the public service strikes the border force is the one that gets no sympathy from me
Yes, it’s starting to look like a massive own goal - in light of which a thorough performance audit wouldn’t go amiss.
Keyser, LETTERBOY, T8191 and 10 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:46 am

British Army is the BEST!

Border Force strike on busiest Xmas in three years with 1,290 flights landing TODAY | Daily Mail Online
'Better than normal, great job military and managers. Maybe this is the future.'
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just landed at T2, through in 2 mins which is the fastest ever I can recall.

Off to the f wing now to see if I can get a sdc to earlier flight up to GLA.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I bet the press doesn't write articles as to how well border control is now operating.

I hope they are on strike when I return to the UK in mid January!!
wrp96, Erwin10 and BA850 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
I bet the press doesn't write articles as to how well border control is now operating.
Just the biased left wing ones. Note how the BBC, Guardian et al have all omitted this positive news.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA GfL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
There are a few more things at LHR, especially at T5, they can take over in the future.....
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
Just the biased left wing ones. Note how the BBC, Guardian et al have all omitted this positive news.
The disappointment was palpable on BBC Breakfast this morning. They had stationed a reporter at Gatwick in anticipation of chaos, only to find things were working very nicely indeed.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jpm81
Just landed at T2, through in 2 mins which is the fastest ever I can recall.

Off to the f wing now to see if I can get a sdc to earlier flight up to GLA.
As a data point, 1hr 4 mins from T2 to the F lounge at t5.

Cleared immigration, went for shower in united arrival lounge, Heathrow express to t5 and successful SDC to get me home an hour and a bit earlier.

Don't think I've ever done it that quickly in the past!

Merry Christmas everyone!
wrp96, LCSinTexas, Erwin10 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
I see they are planning more strikes I think based on the data today I will book my returns to the UK on those dates.

Last edited by SWISSBOBBY; Dec 23, 2022 at 5:56 am Reason: update
Old Dec 23, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BA850
Yes, it’s starting to look like a massive own goal
Only if you think that the very significant work and huge resources (people and cost) which has gone into staffing the border for these few days is sustainable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.