Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Europe seating

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Genius1
There are a few aircraft that don't have curtains, but this should only be temporary where the curtain or more commonly the divider mechanism has been damaged.
I think the other exception are the NEOs with the extra large overhead space (hat bins) where the bulge out doesn't allow the curtain mechanism to fit in. I would like to think that is being worked on.......
Genius1 and 1Aturnleft like this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 2:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
For reference, the aircraft was an A320-232 , tail number G-MEDK.

Please also note that if select exit seats on CE, row 11 does not recline but row 12 does, if you need a bit of rest.
G-MEDK is, I believe, an old British Midland plane and has the window missing in for 1F

I believe it is a bit of an oddity.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 2:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I thought the window for row 1 for MEDK had been resolved?
Old Nov 19, 2022, 2:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by KARFA
Maybe. It has been a while.

Always feared booking row 1 at Gatwick just incase we had the plane.

Flown it three times to date.

Good news if it has been sorted.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think the other exception are the NEOs with the extra large overhead space (hat bins) where the bulge out doesn't allow the curtain mechanism to fit in. I would like to think that is being worked on.......
Someone said on another thread that the newest Neo with these bins does have a curtain, can’t remember where that post was right now.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Last time I was on it (albeit in 2019), MEDK did have a window at 1F so unless something has changed since it has been resolved
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 5:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MarcD
Last time I was on it (albeit in 2019), MEDK did have a window at 1F so unless something has changed since it has been resolved
Yes indeed, there was a post about it in the middle of some other thread, but Delta Kilo had a front starboard window put in just before or at the early stages of the pandemic. I've flown her since, and you can't tell that it is new, it's been carefully blended into the cabin interior.
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 6:20 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

On the A320s, is row 1 blocked for advanced seat assignment? If so, does it open up prior to online check-in?
Old Feb 4, 2023, 6:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by dayone
On the A320s, is row 1 blocked for advanced seat assignment? If so, does it open up prior to online check-in?
Yes, row 1 is blocked but oneworld Emeralds can select these seats if they are available. In theory these seats can be offered to all when OLCI opens subject to BA’s Theoretical Seating system which may still block them if neighbouring seats are already allocated to those with Emerald status
Old Feb 5, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Go for row 2. Better leg room, better trays, no need to store small bags in the bins.
aks120 and Ticket Fairy like this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…

I have been selecting row 1 with a great success rate as a Bronze/Silver (Ruby/Sapphire) at T-72h, about 9 out of 10 times.

As a reference point on the general discussion of this thread, flew out to KEF on Friday (G-TTNT) and no wi-fi available but wi-fi and charging ports both available on the return yesterday (G-TTNK) - (albeit wi-if only really worked for the last hour of the flight, apparently a common issue on that route according to CC)
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:33 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Go for row 2. Better leg room, better trays, no need to store small bags in the bins.
Very much a YMMV situation.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Better legroom in row 2 my a**e. I assume this was you on my flight at the weekend?

This passenger is precisely the reason why I take more than 2 sanitising wipes from the basket upon boarding then wipe down all surfaces I'm likely to come into contact with.... her feet were everywhere except on the floor.

​​​​​​​
T8191 and Mercinator007 like this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 1:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
it is better leg room since you can stretch your legs under the seat in front. in row 1 there is a bulkhead so that isn't possible.
aks120 and SirToby like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.