Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Europe seating

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
The only time, would be when they are crew training and occasionally using a long haul wide body aircraft on some of the longer short haul routes, Larnica, Athens and Madrid spring to mind..
Bearface likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Yes, indeed, and rows 1 to 10 had something like 32" pitch!
The rows that could be converted had 34" pitch.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

We are also told how Turkish Airlines has "proper" J seats - what they usually forget to mention is that the fares are probably at least twice or more than British Airways. Anyhow it is much of a muchness on all European airlines west of the Aegean Islands.
Turkish Airlines offered good value J from Edinburgh when the route was first introduced. It is superior to BA's CE in terms of seat comfort and food choice (although a non-European airline). Yes, it now costs a lot more. Ultimately, it depends on how long the flight is and if BA is good enough in deciding which to fly.

There are areas where I feel BA has treated customers with contempt. Although I fly BA long haul in F and CW most often, I like the CE domestic service for short routes. In my experience (as a leisure traveller) the staff have been excellent, working at a remarkable speed. The food? Sometimes dreadful, sometimes ok. British Airways need to find a balance between offering value and looking ridiculously mean. From slicing eggs into improbably thin slivers to failing to load food options efficiently, its parsimonious approach knocks the shine off the product. Although critical of BA, I believe it can improve.
PUCCI GALORE and 1Aturnleft like this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Well technically on much of the A320 fleet you do get extra legroom in front 12/13 rows, in the sense that the rows behind have been enhanced to 29 inch pitch. On the Neos you also get to avoid the slimline non-reclining seats.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc
As everybody said, CE has generally the same seats as economy, however up to Row 12(second row of emergency exit, which obviously has plenty more) , you should have a bit more space. Row 1 (bulkhead), row 11 and 12 have extra space, and row 2 to 10 have 1 inch more. This is because they some time extend CE all the way to row 12.

On newer fitted aircrafts, you get charging points and exactly the same type of seats throughout the aircraft, but on my recent flight back from Naples, we noticed that the seats up to 12 were the chunkier leather seats, with reclinabile option, whilst from row 13 onwards, were still old style seats, with no reclinabile option, and there were no charging point (I was in row 12 - exit row- with my son, wife and daughters were in row 13).

For reference, the aircraft was an A320-232 , tail number G-MEDK.

Please also note that if select exit seats on CE, row 11 does not recline but row 12 does, if you need a bit of rest.

Last edited by marcopizzaiuolo; Nov 13, 2022 at 4:27 pm
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Worth noting that on certain BA flights operated by CityFlyer (on the Embraer), where it's a 2-2 cabin, you won't have a middle seat blocked off, so it's even less of a service differentiator between CE and economy. As noted, though, this is standard in Europe. Worse seat, far better service (and lounge access on a business class ticket - which you will not get in the US unless you already have lounge access via some other means).
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
Turkish Airlines offered good value J from Edinburgh when the route was first introduced. It is superior to BA's CE in terms of seat comfort and food choice (although a non-European airline). Yes, it now costs a lot more. Ultimately, it depends on how long the flight is and if BA is good enough in deciding which to fly.
To be precise, the lowest BA Club return is about 480, and the lowest TK return fare is about 850. Plus there is good competition from LH and AF. Surprisingly A3 isn't in this competition game, at business class level, but it is in economy.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
The rows that could be converted had 34" pitch.
Thank you for confirming.

Originally Posted by moondog
Which CE flights have you been on where there was a dedicated cabin (with better seats and more room per seat)?
The shorthaul 767s forward of door 2 felt like a dedicated cabin even if the seats werent any different from economy. It was certainly nice turning left and missing the main throngs of boarding!
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
To be precise, the lowest BA Club return is about 480, and the lowest TK return fare is about 850. Plus there is good competition from LH and AF. Surprisingly A3 isn't in this competition game, at business class level, but it is in economy.
Yes, I checked the prices out earlier before posting, CWS. You found much cheaper returns than I did with TA. An EDI to IST J return was significantly more than 850.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
As everybody said, CE has generally the same seats as economy, however up to Row 12(second row of emergency exit, which obviously has plenty more) , you should have a bit more space. Row 1 (bulkhead), row 11 and 12 have extra space, and row 2 to 10 have 1 inch more. This is because they some time extend CE all the way to row 12.
CE can be up to Row 12 on most A320 and A320neo aircraft, but the G-GATx aircraft go up to Row 13 (which is the same physical location on the aircraft). CE can be up to Row 10 on the A319, except the G-DBCx aircraft which can be up to Row 8. CE can be up to Row 14 on the A321 and A321neo.

Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
On newer fitted aircrafts, you get charging points and exactly the same type of seats throughout the aircraft, but on my recent flight back from Naples, we noticed that the seats up to 12 were the chunkier leather seats, with reclinabile option, whilst from row 13 onwards, we’re still old style seats, with no reclinabile option, and there were no charging point (I was in row 12 - exit row- with my son, wife and daughters were in row 13).
It's the A320neo and A321neo that feature the non-reclining slimline seats in Euro Traveller, spaced at 29". All other aircraft have the same reclining seat throughout spaced at 30" (except Euro Traveller rows on the A319, which are also 29"). All aircraft except the G-DBCx A319 fleet (and possibly a few soon to be retired mainline A319s) feature wifi and at-seat power (USB and socket in Club Europe, and at least USB in Euro Traveller).
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For future ATH reference A3 (Aegean) do offer a meaningfully larger amount of legroom in their business class. And much much better catering too!
Old Nov 13, 2022, 11:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
Yes, I checked the prices out earlier before posting, CWS. You found much cheaper returns than I did with TA. An EDI to IST J return was significantly more than 850.
That fare is quite widely available, from mid January, staying minimum of Saturday night rule or 2 nights, departing Wednesdays to Saturdays.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 11:40 am

The new A320neo are particularly tight in CE, with no recline. Middle seats left empty (with no middle table in place) and no curtain dividers. Effectively economy with a headrest cover and in-flight catering.

Only worth it if you need the TPs or it's part of a connecting route.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
Doesn't BA roll out the 777 for LHR-ATH one or two times a week?
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 11:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonGlobalist
The new A320neo are particularly tight in CE, with no recline. Middle seats left empty (with no middle table in place) and no curtain dividers. Effectively economy with a headrest cover and in-flight catering.

Only worth it if you need the TPs or it's part of a connecting route.
Thats interesting, I didnt think there was any difference in pitch between CE on ceos or neos. Also I am not sure you could ever have no recline in CE on a neo?
krispy84 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.