Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Europe seating

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by flipper118
Doesn't BA roll out the 777 for LHR-ATH one or two times a week?
There was a 787 on LHR-ATH last summer, I discovered it by accident and was able to use the Free Same Day Change to move onto the flight.

AMS and MAD have had them before as well.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
That’s interesting, I didn’t think there was any difference in pitch between CE on ceos or neos. Also I am not sure you could ever have no recline in CE on a neo?
Yes, both ceos and neos have 30" pitch in CE across all aircraft types, and all have recline (except the row ahead of exit rows). The only difference in CE is that ceos have a middle console table, and neos don't.
KARFA and krispy84 like this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 1:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think this related to the NEO ET offering, where the slimmer Recaro seating does not recline.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
It's the A320neo and A321neo that feature the non-reclining slimline seats in Euro Traveller, spaced at 29". All other aircraft have the same reclining seat throughout spaced at 30" (except Euro Traveller rows on the A319, which are also 29").
Is this correct any longer? I thought some A320CEOs had been retrofitted with the space flex galley/toilets and in the process got the extra rows with tighter pitch towards the rear (but not the slimline seats). AeroLOPA seems to agree although I think there is a typo where it talks about pitch and should say 13-29: https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-type-32g
Old Nov 13, 2022, 3:11 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Thank you for confirming.

The shorthaul 767s forward of door 2 felt like a dedicated cabin even if the seats weren’t any different from economy. It was certainly nice ‘turning left’ and missing the main throngs of boarding!
The only way of getting the middle seat blocked on the SH 767 was to take the middle seats as the layout was 2-3-2.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc
Originally Posted by Genius1
CE can be up to Row 12 on most A320 and A320neo aircraft, but the G-GATx aircraft go up to Row 13 (which is the same physical location on the aircraft). CE can be up to Row 10 on the A319, except the G-DBCx aircraft which can be up to Row 8. CE can be up to Row 14 on the A321 and A321neo.

It's the A320neo and A321neo that feature the non-reclining slimline seats in Euro Traveller, spaced at 29". All other aircraft have the same reclining seat throughout spaced at 30" (except Euro Traveller rows on the A319, which are also 29"). All aircraft except the G-DBCx A319 fleet (and possibly a few soon to be retired mainline A319s) feature wifi and at-seat power (USB and socket in Club Europe, and at least USB in Euro Traveller).
thanks for the extra info, I based my comments on my direct experience on flights over the last two years.

What I am not sure about your comment is the bit around all aircrafts have charging points, as I actually now have been on few a320 without them, including this last one I mentioned the tail number of
Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:29 pm

In my opinion, BA offers a very decent short haul business class if you compare them with other euro carriers who offer the same thing...
britbronco22 and PGberkshire like this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
What I am not sure about your comment is the bit around all aircrafts have charging points, as I actually now have been on few a320 without them, including this last one I mentioned the tail number of
That's been my experience too, or they are very very well hidden!
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by TheMan123
In my opinion, BA offers a very decent short haul business class if you compare them with other euro carriers who offer the same thing...
It is certainly competitive. On the the LCY based Embraer's I think they should consider blocking seats, like they do in mainline, but I realise that that would signal the end of the 69 or so upgrade (which I only ever take up if I need TP's quickly).
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
That's been my experience too, or they are very very well hidden!
On my last two flights (from DUB and NAP into LHR) on both occasion I specifically asked the CC and was told that not all aircraft have charging points, and on those we were travelling at the time, unfortunately there werent any.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
It is certainly competitive. On the the LCY based Embraer's I think they should consider blocking seats, like they do in mainline, but I realise that that would signal the end of the 69 or so upgrade (which I only ever take up if I need TP's quickly).
I had a lot of sub 75 upgrade offers over the last two years up to the summer just gone, but on all my latest EuroTraveller booking, the offer has been a fix 90!
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
that's very unlucky not to have them twice now. i must admit i thought all the fleet had been done, but if that isn't the case it must be a small handful not having them - i can't say i have come across one recently.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
On my last two flights (from DUB and NAP into LHR) on both occasion I specifically asked the CC and was told that not all aircraft have charging points, and on those we were travelling at the time, unfortunately there werent any.
It's the A319s that may well not have charging points. The A320s and A321s have them.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:56 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's the A319s that may well not have charging points. The A320s and A321s have them.
our 321 LHR to LIN on Friday had no charging outlets. IFL quite embarrassed as bulkhead sticker referred to them. That shouldnt be there. Although we did have wifi which was in heavy use across the 12 rows of Club.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:02 am

Was that BA568 and thus G-EUXI?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.