Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Removes all Shorthaul from LHR from sale : now to 15 August.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Removes all Shorthaul from LHR from sale : now to 15 August.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Regarding your statement which I have made bold, why more stringent? Is the 100,000 limit reducing? Surely things should ease once the school holidays are over.
1,000 daily flights until end August and then 950 daily until end October, apparently.
DaveS and TedToToe like this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:43 am

Very quiet in T5 at 11am
Went through 1st wing- no queue - 5 desks empty
Only person at scanning
1st lounge is about 55- 60% occupancy- usual issue the majority of seats dont have sockets

No-one being turned away (which previous poster said). Came up from tube by lift and walked straight in.

very loud man going on about his Bentley service- 4 rows away !

Last edited by Barnaby100; Aug 3, 2022 at 5:51 am
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
Originally Posted by DaveS
I suppose “dynamically” = "jacking the price up".
AMS - NBO via LHR mid-Sept in Y doubled in price since yesterday. I have been keeping an eye on flights for my sis and was watching various ex-EU options
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:51 am

1st lounge has dipped to about 40% occupancy at lowest since 11am and building back up now (3pm) to about 60%
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The Torygraph is reporting that BA may also restrict long haul ticket sales from LHR.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ales-heathrow/

Non paywall.
SxMan likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I personally think unless you really have no option but to travel you have to be foolhardy to fly anywhere at the moment. If you do, then please don't come on here and moan when it all goes wrong.
Well you participate to a frequent flyer forum by telling us how you don't fly and don't miss it. I think someone booking and moaning about travel wouldn't more out of place
HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
1st lounge has dipped to about 40% occupancy at lowest since 11am and building back up now (3pm) to about 60%
According the (live-ish) online lounge occupancy meter its currently thus , so your comments ring true

Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Just received an alert via the Telegraph app that BA are now considering halting the sale of long haul flights but precious little detail
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
Just received an alert via the Telegraph app that BA are now considering halting the sale of long haul flights but precious little detail
Link to the article in post #125
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
If BA is going to have to stop selling tickets on long hauls, I wouldn't be surprised if flights start being canned on cost grounds.
SxMan likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by crazy8534
1,000 daily flights until end August and then 950 daily until end October, apparently.
Thank you for clarifying, I hadn't seen that. I'm now thinking of booking some fully flexible tickets so that I can adjust dates when meetings get firmed up. A question to those more informed than myself, is there a limit on the +/- dates if rebooking a flexible ticket?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Thank you for clarifying, I hadn't seen that. I'm now thinking of booking some fully flexible tickets so that I can adjust dates when meetings get firmed up. A question to those more informed than myself, is there a limit on the +/- dates if rebooking a flexible ticket?
If sales are restricted, it's not sure that you'd be able to rebook within the restricted times so I'm not sure that would work. It's probably time to look at non-BA alternatives.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500
If sales are restricted, it's not sure that you'd be able to rebook within the restricted times so I'm not sure that would work. It's probably time to look at non-BA alternatives.
I'm thinking to book flights in October, while I can, but then adjust the actual dates nearer the time. But, yes, I'm looking at non BA/LHR alternatives as well.

Meanwhile at Ryanair!
https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...ly-2022-08-03/
DaveS and crazy8534 like this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:28 am
Suspended

They could free up some seats quite easily by simply offering leisure travellers who have reservations for flights in August the option to delay their travel by simply offering to extend Amex 241 vouchers expiring soon or a flexible forward voucher that could be redeemed later.

They could then sell the seats to the more needy business or leisure travellers that are vacated and make some decent cash and I’m bewildered why this hasn’t been tried.

Last edited by Jean2019; Aug 3, 2022 at 11:42 am
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by DaveS
I suppose “dynamically” = "jacking the price up".
For the first time in a long time I'm now looking at booking flights on other airlines besides oneworld partners, because I can't justify paying £639 for a LHR-BER return in ET in late September. Although it's "only" £714 in Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.