Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Removes all Shorthaul from LHR from sale : now to 15 August.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Removes all Shorthaul from LHR from sale : now to 15 August.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:27 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by strowger
I do think that's a little unfair. LGW and LHR are both gleaming palaces of organised perfection compared to the true cess pit that is MAN.
I am happy to say that the delights of Manchester have passed beneath me, I am egregiously fond of Manchester itself however. Seriously - what staggers me in the vileness that is Essex International airport aka Stansted. The Security people are so pleasant. Maybe they give it more of a go before their clientele brave the the charms of Low Cost Nastiness. At least Heathrow and Crawley International (if you are flying British Airways) have a respectable Lounge or two where one can escape from the masses.

Yesterday I flew back to Frances with the Orange Peril. The public were there clad, in the main, as though they were going to the beach or a communal shower. Everything on the Board was at least one hour and in the case of CDG and NCE over three. As Harrods closed the staff had to run after a thief who had decided to leave without paying. I suppose the Lounges have people disappearing with drinks and crisps but that is far tamer on an entertainment level. Suffice to say that if you, like me, are a people watcher you will not be bored. All I would say is that anyone who attempts to persuade me that EasyJet is in the least comparable with BA , will meet stern resistance, It was all quite dreadful but ultimately I got to my destination - and given the fact that BA would not be allowed to sell me a ticket - I am spoilt for lack of choice,
DaveS and TedToToe like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I am happy to say that the delights of Manchester have passed beneath me, I am egregiously fond of Manchester itself however. Seriously - what staggers me in the vileness that is Essex International airport aka Stansted. The Security people are so pleasant. Maybe they give it more of a go before their clientele brave the the charms of Low Cost Nastiness. At least Heathrow and Crawley International (if you are flying British Airways) have a respectable Lounge or two where one can escape from the masses.

Yesterday I flew back to Frances with the Orange Peril. The public were there clad, in the main, as though they were going to the beach or a communal shower. Everything on the Board was at least one hour and in the case of CDG and NCE over three. As Harrods closed the staff had to run after a thief who had decided to leave without paying. I suppose the Lounges have people disappearing with drinks and crisps but that is far tamer on an entertainment level. Suffice to say that if you, like me, are a people watcher you will not be bored. All I would say is that anyone who attempts to persuade me that EasyJet is in the least comparable with BA , will meet stern resistance, It was all quite dreadful but ultimately I got to my destination - and given the fact that BA would not be allowed to sell me a ticket - I am spoilt for lack of choice,
I am with you on Stansted. I braved it for only the second time yesterday. We were probably there together and unaware. I did feel rather out of place wearing a shirt!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.